Jaylen Samuels

Dkollidas

I see him going in the 4th and later in a lot of mocks. Too small to be a primary Tight end. Doesn’t seem fast enough to be a wide receiver or primary back... but I could see him as a pass catcher out of the backfield that can do some of the goal line lifting for McCoy. 

I think Daboll will want guys like this and another tight end as well to give the team the ability to run as many different sets as possible. 

A guy like Samuels really gives the offense some different looks, and he’s a guy that can fit into a modern offense. 

He's going to have to make the switch to H-Back or Running Back, if he gets drafted.   I think he ends up going a lot later than most people predict.  He was productive in college but really doesnt have a natural position in the the NFL.  Think about a player like Dorin Dickinson who ran a 4.4 flat but really didnt fit into an NFL offense because he wasn't a polished receiver or especially good at blocking. 

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.