Would You Want Malcolm Butler?

bills8323

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000914519/article/malcolm-butler-patriots-gave-up-on-me-in-super-bowl?campaign=Twitter_atn

After not playing a single snap in the super bowl, would you like to see Malcolm Butler come to Buffalo pissed off at the Pats? "I don't know what it was. I guess I wasn't playing good or they didn't feel comfortable. I don't know. But I could have changed that game." Working with McDermott and playing next to Tre White could form an awesome duo if we cant keep Gaines. What do you guys think too much $$?

Not for the amount of money he's going to want.  I'd rather avoid big money free agents this year and keep saving cap money for 2019/2020 after Beane has had a couple of years to find his QB and assemble the roster he wants.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Gonna cost a ton to get him. Easily 12-14M AVV

This. Might as well have kept Gilmore for the same cost.

He stumbled at the beginning of the season, but IMO has earned his contract. He was the best CB for the pats tonight by far

He was a backup when he made that Super Bowl play. BB signed Gilmore to an obscene contract, which was in some way a statement about Butler. He tried to trade him. Then benched him for the SB.

No thanks. I never thought he was that good to begin with. If you didn't like Gilmore you would hate Butler.

• Like (+1) 1

Ignoring cost, absolutely. If he was so miffed by the benching yesterday that he took a lesser deal just to be able to stick it to the Pats* twice a year he'd probably become a fan favorite. Reality is that he will command a larger contract than we want to allocate to the position, imo.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He was a backup when he made that Super Bowl play. BB signed Gilmore to an obscene contract, which was in some way a statement about Butler. He tried to trade him. Then benched him for the SB.

No thanks. I never thought he was that good to begin with. If you didn't like Gilmore you would hate Butler.

This.

Butler needs to be the 3rd cb in the field. Needs big safety help.  Not the type to jump in there and make a difference when it comes to stopping power or physical presence

Gilmore can hit but he's Similar to Butler.  New England desperately needs at least one safety. They're !@#$ed for next year because of it.  

Edited by Boyst62