Chris Collinsworth

Process

Ertz took 3 steps after the catch and then jumped for the goal line.  Wasn't even close.  Collinsworth sounded like a fool.  You can't over-turn Clementine's TD in the super bowl.  It was not obvious.  If it was incomplete on field, then that call should've stood as well.  NFL for both calls right.  In general I like Collinsworth but he lost a lot of credibility tonight. 

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, him going on and on about that obvious Ertz catch and TD was ridiculous.  It was so annoying.

Then on the replay of the 2pt convo where the pats defender clearly doesn't even try to look at the ball, just blatantly shoves the receiver right in front of the referee... And collinsWORST casually says "oh yeah, looks like contact before the ball... Oh well...  LET'S LOOK AT THE ERTZ CATCH SO I CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT IT MORE"

My wife was like "Jesus, could this guy suck Brady's c**k any more? It's absurd how much he loves the pats"

Edited by SouthNYfan
  • Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

He’s been an embarrassment for a while.   

Yep. I didn't used to hate him nearly as much as a lot of people did. The last few years he has been horrible. Today he was way, way worse. He actually said that Brady was trying to one-hop a ball to a WR at the goalline. :o

My kids were asking me before the game why I couldn't stand him. Now they get it.

The way we watch games and the way they are announced is suffering from instant replay IMO. Collinsworths commentary during the Ertz review was a prime example. Stoking controversy where there is none.

24 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

His commentary on the Ertz TD review, and Al Michaels being completely obsequious to it, was some of the worst announcing I have ever seen.  They both looked like fools.

Impressive Vocab word of the night.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yep. I didn't used to hate him nearly as much as a lot of people did. The last few years he has been horrible. Today he was way, way worse. He actually said that Brady was trying to one-hop a ball to a WR at the goalline. :o

We all went crazy at that one

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't watch Sunday night games so I haven't seen a lot of Collinsworth.  I was  surprised how bad he was tonight.  Constantly telling you what you already know and what you've already seen.  After a guy makes a great catch he tells you he has great hands.  After a runner makes a good cut he tells you he has great cutting ability.  After a WR outjumps a DB he tells you what a good jumper he is.  After a rugged play he tells you a guy is tough.  Really??  Y'think??

I've always wondered how people can rag on the guy because he's one of, if not the best commentators out there.

That said, I found him very disappointing tonight, particularly on the Zach Ertz TD. I usually feel like I've got a guy who knows a lot more than I do pointing out things I didn't pick up on, but a few times I was scratching my head wondering where he was coming from.

He's still a great commentator, but tonight wasn't his greatest outing.

Edited by Rob's House

3 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I've always wondered how people can rag on the guy because he's one of, if not the best commentators out there.

That said, I found him very disappointing tonight, particularly on the Zach Ertz TD. I usually feel like I've got a guy who knows a lot more than I do pointing out things I didn't pick up on, but a few times I was scratching my head wondering where he was coming from.

He's still a great commentator, but tonight wasn't his greatest outing.

Agree. But he was horrible tonight. Like to an embarrassing degree. He's like a great or very good player who just hits a wall and just lost it. I used to really like him. The last few years he has been hard to like. Tonight he was just unlistenable.

36 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Then on the replay of the 2pt convo where the pats defender clearly doesn't even try to look at the ball, just blatantly shoves the receiver right in front of the referee... And collinsWORST casually says "oh yeah, looks like contact before the ball... Oh well...  LET'S LOOK AT THE ERTZ CATCH SO I CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT IT MORE"

My wife was like "Jesus, could this guy suck Brady's c**k any more? It's absurd how much he loves the pats"

Sounds like a keeper!

1 hour ago, Process said:

Despite always sounding like he's suffering from the worst constipation of his life, I always liked him as an announcer. 

Not anymore, he was an embarrassment tonight. 

Lost all respect for the guy. 

I'm sure him and riveron are in the Patriots locker room double teaming Brady trying to console him.

I agree I used to like him a lot because he used to be unafraid to criticize the refs and stupid calls, but tonight he was abysmal. Stupid whining about the first controversial Eagles TD was bad enough but his idiocy on the winning TD where he actually seems to want it overturned based on the NFL's idiotic nebulous catch rule was too much. That was a catch and a run and a TD. All day and up until recently for decades. yet he picks that play to play devils advocate or act stupid. I really hope they are all fired at NBC, Al Michaels should retire and Collinsworth should be out the door as well. I thought they did a really crap job in the game coverage overall.

Edited by Livinginthepast