The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

17 hours ago, TPS said:

I wondered as well if some conservatives might re-think their beliefs about MLK given Trump's treatment by the FBI?

In my adult lifetime I've never heard anything but reverence for Dr. King from conservatives or libertarians.  What views are you speaking to specifically?

11 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

In my adult lifetime I've never heard anything but reverence for Dr. King from conservatives or libertarians.  What views are you speaking to specifically?

Ditto.

52 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'd like to take this one....

He couldn't keep his dick in his pants and he was a foolish pacifist. 

Now what a man does thats not illegal is his business, save one profession. And that was Martin's profession. His God gave him 10 rules, but Martin HAD to get his dick wet.

Further, pacifism is foolish.

Edited by The_Dude

10 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I'd like to take this one....

He couldn't keep his dick in his pants and he was a foolish pacifist. 

That was LBJ and Bobby Kennedy and Jedgar

and the worst vitriol came from other Civil Rights leaders who advocated violence

Edited by row_33

Just now, The_Dude said:

Anybody who applauds pacifism should read The Last Article by Harry Turtledove. By its conclusion you'll see it's a stupid philosophy. 

It depends on the goals and the oppressors.  Pacifism achieved remarkable results for both King and Gandhi. 

I believe it's yet another case of "Know your enemy, and use the tactics which will overcome them."

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

what a mess FLA is. i would say that they are close to CA, but CA is so far out there, FLA is not even a close second.

https://twitter.com/Kamil61289009/status/1087704640865615873

Entire Florida Police Dept Busted Laundering Tens of Millions for International Drug Cartels

Why the ***** would some podunk village PD be engaging in money laundering investigations?

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It depends on the goals and the oppressors.  Pacifism achieved remarkable results for both King and Gandhi. 

I believe it's yet another case of "Know your enemy, and use the tactics which will overcome them."

You might like this story. It's a short story in which the Nazis invaded India....I'll cut to the gist, Gandhi informs the Nazi's he's organizing a hunger strike and the Nazi's laugh because they're just gonna kill 'em anyways. 

Pacifism can only work when you're going up against a power that is benevolent. 

36 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

You might like this story. It's a short story in which the Nazis invaded India....I'll cut to the gist, Gandhi informs the Nazi's he's organizing a hunger strike and the Nazi's laugh because they're just gonna kill 'em anyways. 

Pacifism can only work when you're going up against a power that is benevolent. 

I've read Turtledove (and enjoy him).

And to a degree that is correct, though it can also work against those whom are subject to external pressures to conform.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/celebs-speak-supreme-courts-decision-allow-transgender-military-ban-go-effect-bigotry-worst-205059935.html

Where do celebs get off? None of them know a damn thing about the military.

Further, the military is run by alpha males who ooze toxic masculinity, something they all hate. What the hell do they imagine will happen if they force those kinds of people out and replace them with LGBTQLMNOP’s and “allies?” Like what do they think their desired ***** army is going to do? Ask the enemy for safe spaces and tweet their displeasure at them?

ONLY alpha males can win wars. Leave war to the straight alpha males, it’s kind of our thing. 

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

So, I think I just invented the @DC Tom plea offer.

Asked a DA if he would agree to reducing a felony to a misdemeanor if I made my client admit, in open court, that he was an idiot.

As someone who advocates for making degrees of stupidity misdemeanors or felonies, I like it.  "Your honor, my client would like to plea down to misdemeanor stupidity in the second degree, in exchange for a sentence of time served and repeating third grade."