The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

16 hours ago, Foxx said:

in case anyone wants to view it, for the time being it is here

It was taken down on twitter. That  is how fast it can happen. When I had my stroke 6 years ago, I didn't know it happened. I had signs and  didn't heed them. I'm a stupid Polock.

Was a at a picnic on a Saturday and people told me I didn't look too well.  I replied I was a little under the weather , but OK.  A mutual friend with a former girlfriend I hadn't seen in two years  was concerned and  got her to call me on Sunday and talked to me for two hours and convinced me to go  to the ER.  So Monday afternoon, I go in. They take my BP- 247/72!!!  My first Oh Sh**! moment.  I am still in the ER and at about 9PM I ask why I didn 't have a room yet. They said  they were waiting for a room in ICU. My second Oh Sh**! moment. The next morning,I was getting a brain scan (MRI or CAT, I don't know which). I hear over the PA "Code Stroke! Code Stroke!" I asked  what it was for, and the technician said "It's for you!" I either thought or said Oh Sh**! and threw up.I was semi-conscious and the next clear memory I have was people visiting me  on Thursday. No pain at all, just things wouldn't work  and I couldn't find the right words.Just left with a very, very minor  weakness on my left side and  hitting the wrong keys on the keyboard.

A great  talk on strokes is a TED  talk  by a neurobiologist  who had one at about age 43.  She described knowing everything that was happening ib her brain while it was happening.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

19 minutes ago, Wacka said:

It was taken down on twitter. That  is how fast it can happen. When I was my stroke 6 years ago, I didn't know it happened. I had signs and  didn't heed them. I'm a stupid Polock.

Was a at a picnic on a Saturday and people told me I didn't look too well.  I replied I was a little under the weather , but OK.  A mutual friend with a girlfriend I hadn't seen in two years  was concerned and  git her to call me on Sunday and talked to me for two hours and convinced me to go  to the ER.  So Monday afternoon, I go in. They take my BP- 247/72!!!  My first Oh Sh**! moment.  I am still in the ER and at about 9PM I ask why I didn 't have a room yet. They said  they were waiting for a room in ICU. My second Oh Sh**! moment. The next morning,I was getting a brain scan (MRI or CAT, I don't know which. I hear over the PA "Code Stroke! Code Stroke!" I asked  what ws rear fir, and the technician said "It's for you!" I either thought or saidOh Sh**! and threw up.I was semi-conscious and the next clear memory I have was people visiting me  on Thursday. No pain at all, just things wouldn't work  and I couldn't find the right words.Just left with a very, very minor  weakness on my left side and  hitting the wrong keys on the keyboard.

A great  talk on strokes is a TED  talk  by a neurobiologist  who had one at about age 43.  She described knowing everything that was happening while it was happening.

glad you're still with us, Wacka. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 9

On 9/21/2020 at 9:51 AM, Cinga said:

What's amazing to me about this, and every other Biblical discovery is that some still call the Bible a fairy tale even though absolutely nothing in the Bible has ever been disproven.

Yet we base history of other historical significance on much smaller evidence and even questionable finds.

Many people have become Christians through committing themselves to proving the story of Christ was not true.

• Like (+1) 2

WELL, THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY, YOU KNOW: 

Military Snipers Could Soon Be Using ‘Guided’ Bullets. 

“EXACTO, or Extreme Accuracy Tasked Ordnance bullets turns .50 caliber bullets into guided rounds capable of zeroing in on a target. Although DARPA is mum on how it does this, other sites report that the technology involves optical sensors in the nose of the bullet and fins capable of adjusting the bullet’s flight path in the tail. The optical sensor apparently homes in on a spot illuminated by a laser designator. The guidance system is similar to laser-guided weapons such as the Maverick and Hellfire laser-guided missiles. The bullet is even capable of making some remarkably sharp course corrections.”

• Thank you (+1) 1