The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

Just a sad turn of events in Hartford yesterday.

Seven people died in a vintage WWII plane crash at Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks.

The fiery crash happened at a building at the airport just before 10 a.m. on Wednesday.

As an aside, we were at the Cape May air show over Labor Day and this plane was at the show, among many others that were taking passengers along.  Unwittingly we were joking on who'd dare to take those rides, because the engines didn't sound too healthy to untrained ears.  Lot's of popping and backfires.

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Hedge said:

Lots of preliminary noise was saying 80 were injured, which is why it reads oddly at the end.

Update: 

Jump training.  Night jump in high winds, with about 80 soldiers.  Blew off the jump zone into a pine forest, 16 or so were injured by trees.

Anyone have a site that tracks military jet flights?   There have been fighter flyovers up and down Hudson River for the last two days - too far south for regular Stewart AFB trips.  I'm used to seeing Ospreys on a regular basis, but not two-days of fighters.

2 hours ago, GG said:

Anyone have a site that tracks military jet flights?   There have been fighter flyovers up and down Hudson River for the last two days - too far south for regular Stewart AFB trips.  I'm used to seeing Ospreys on a regular basis, but not two-days of fighters.

:beer: I'm not a plane tracker at that level, but this is what I've used in the past to check certain stories: 

https://flightaware.com/

Sherpa has much more knowledge I'm sure, but I don't think military flights show up on this this very often for obvious reasons. 

since this is Greg's thread i just want to take a minute to acknowledge what he does here. he does yeoman's work daily and i just want to thank him and point out that he is greatly appreciated. the hits are coming fast and furious today and as usual, he is right on top of it all.

bow.gif.3ddbd64de975b394ee6168d6a9006aa3.gif

cheers my friend :beer:

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

since this is Greg's thread i just want to take a minute to acknowledge what he does here. he does yeoman's work daily and i just want to thank him and point out that he is greatly appreciated. the hits are coming fast and furious today and as usual, he is right on top of it all.

bow.gif.3ddbd64de975b394ee6168d6a9006aa3.gif

cheers my friend :beer:

And on that note, DR vs Crayola:

:beer:

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2