The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

My kid is an engineering student.  The day I drove her up to school, I told her to get a group of kids together and whatever they do, please — for their future — design and invent a universal kill switch. She thought I was joking.  Some day, she’s going to hear my plea from my grave. And that’s when she finds out that it’s going to be too late for her generation and everyone who comes after her.

• Haha (+1) 1

God I hate the media !!

So what does a reporter do ?

Goes back through his social Media and discovers he used the "N" word back when he was 16.

This Carson King thing might be the worst example of the Sacco-ification of the media yet. ***** vultures.

Former Buzzfeed reporter... Of course, he is. Of course

EFR52sIXoAIpULp.jpg:large

I think TYTT is right, a reckoning is coming.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Teenage climate activists - off limits

Teenage jokes about Tosh 2.0 from 8 years ago from a guy who raised a million dollars for charity children's hospital - Fair game

That's the media.

It appears Aaron the 'reporter' is deleting tweets.. How interesting.

Nah, fvck yourselves, kindly. Thanks.

If you're going to use your byline as a weapon against people who can't defend themselves,

then you better be prepared to have it used against you by people who can.

Edited by B-Man

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

Teenage climate activists - off limits

Teenage jokes about Tosh 2.0 from 8 years ago from a guy who raised a million dollars for charity children's hospital - Fair game

That's the media.

Nah, fvck yourselves, kindly. Thanks.

I like the part where they try to absolve themselves of responsibility because he pre-empted their hit piece by having a press conference before the article was published.

Need a break from Ukraine-impeachment Twitter?

If so, have a look at the photo from Sen. Tim Scott and his staff paying homage to 80s movies.

And, yes. That’s the South Carolina Republican dressed as Eddie Murphy’s Prince Akeem in the 1988 hit comedy, “Coming to America’:

Nailed it.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm torn................?

Professor: Tom Brady’s popularity is result of white supremacy

https://www.thecollegefix.com/professor-tom-bradys-popularity-is-result-of-white-supremacy/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thecollegefixfeed+(The+College+Fix)

Tom Brady may be the most accomplished quarterback in the history of the National Football League and boast legions of fans, but it’s safe to say that University of Rhode Island Professor Kyle Kusz is not one of them.

Kusz, an associate professor of kinesiology, argues that the New England Patriots’ star quarterback’s popularity is due to white supremacy and white male rage, and not his six Super Bowl titles, Campus Reform reports.

The article reports on a book chapter Kusz penned titled “Making American White Men Great Again: Tom Brady, Donald Trump, and the Allure of White Male Omnipotence in Post-Obama America,” in which he wrote “quarterback Tom Brady has gained popularity due to the ‘latest wave of white rage and white supremacy’ that he says developed since the Obama presidency alongside a ‘disturbing racial reaction among white conservatives in response to the idea that a black man would be [president].’”

ADDED:  This fall he is teaching an English course at the University of Rhode Island called “On the Culture Politics of Man-Boy Narratives” in conjunction with the school’s Gender and Women’s Studies program.

• Haha (+1) 1