The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

51 minutes ago, Foxx said:

lemme guess... Moloch?

Damn, ya made me look it up.

moloch | ˈmälək, ˈmōˌläk | nouna harmless spiny lizard of grotesque appearance which feeds chiefly on ants, found in arid inland Australia. Moloch horridus, family Agamidae.ORIGIN from Moloch.

Moloch | ˈmälək, ˈmōˌläk | a Canaanite idol to whom children were sacrificed. • (as noun a Moloch) a person or thing to which extreme or terrible sacrifices are made. 

First definition sorta goes with the iguana popsicles.

The second goes with protecting child trafficking and the extreme abortion platform of the Dems. 

16 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I heard Tom left because he wanted to spend more time as his altar ego tibtard.

No, Tom left in order to be able to put all of his efforts into his newly created FactCheck business. He's in trouble though. He got a rather hefty grant with the understanding that he would immediately hire 10 fact checkers. Well, he hasn't hired one measly ***** person and the government is pissed. His excuse? He doesn't need anybody else since he already knows everything. In the meantime, with all of his free time Tom has taken up neurosurgery as a hobby and when he has a little extra time he's made a few arguments in front of the Supreme Court. Tom, we hardly knew thee. 

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

No, Tom left in order to be able to put all of his efforts into his newly created FactCheck business. He's in trouble though. He got a rather hefty grant with the understanding that he would immediately hire 10 fact checkers. Well, he hasn't hired one measly ***** person and the government is pissed. His excuse? He doesn't need anybody else since he already knows everything. In the meantime, with all of his free time Tom has taken up neurosurgery as a hobby and when he has a little extra time he's made a few arguments in front of the Supreme Court. Tom, we hardly knew thee. 

Fact check: Mostly true.

• Haha (+1) 3

On 1/22/2020 at 6:48 AM, Foxx said:

when i was younger we hitch hiked down to FLA and later to Texas. but while there in FLA, we were in a parking lot trying to figure out our next move and i was just astounded at the number of different bugs we saw. it was amazing. i have since been back in later years for work and i didn't really have cause to go looking for them again, but i don't know... that is just an entirely different world.

Years ago Paula Poundstone did a routine about the size of the bugs in Florida. She said one night she found a palmetto bug in her bathroom so big she tried to kill it with a brick, but the bug took the brick out of her hands and started beating her with it.

I  lived there for three years and don't miss one of those freaking bugs.

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Years ago Paula Poundstone did a routine about the size of the bugs in Florida. She said one night she found a palmetto bug in her bathroom so big she tried to kill it with a brick, but the bug took the brick out of her hands and started beating her with it.

I  lived there for three years and don't miss one of those freaking bugs.

not sure i had the opportunity to experience a palmetto bug, either of the times. but i can tell you that the cockroaches in Texas are armour plated. it don't matter how many times you stomp 'em they just keep scurrying. oh and don't get up to pee in the middle of the night, you might not make it back. they love the cool porcelain of the tub.

Just now, Foxx said:

not sure i had the opportunity to experience a palmetto bug, either of the times. but i can tell you that the cockroaches in Texas are armour plated. it don't matter how many times you stomp 'em they just keep scurrying. oh and don't get up to pee in the middle of the night, you might not make it back. they love the cool porcelain of the tub.

Palmetto bugs are cockroaches that can fly. They come out in darkness, usually near water.

I used to rent a little studio cottage in Winter Park years go, and the first night there I got up to go to the bathroom, turned on the light, and thought I was in a Creepshow short.

• Haha (+1) 1