The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

34 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

My electric snow blower story 

Let me explain the joke: "yes" refers to "Do you want me crucified?"  "What story?" isn't a question meant to be answered, it's a statement to the effect that I didn't see any story.  Thereby the implication being I simply want you crucified, regardless of any story.

"What story?" being, in this case, a question used as a rhetorical device, which is usually known as a "rhetorical question."  It's not something you answer.

And truth be told, no, I don't want you crucified.  Last thing I want is you made a martyr.  I'd rather you were electrocuted by your snowblower, like the idiot you are.

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Let me explain the joke: "yes" refers to "Do you want me crucified?"  "What story?" isn't a question meant to be answered, it's a statement to the effect that I didn't see any story.  Thereby the implication being I simply want you crucified, regardless of any story.

"What story?" being, in this case, a question used as a rhetorical device, which is usually known as a "rhetorical question."  It's not something you answer.

And truth be told, no, I don't want you crucified.  Last thing I want is you made a martyr.  I'd rather you were electrocuted by your snowblower, like the idiot you are.

I'm sorry you wasted so much time writing that 

But at least it kept you out of trouble 

37 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

response of the year so far.... 

don haveta be a martyr, they lined up crucifixions by the hundreds in olden days, if i recall my Tacitus correctly...  :D