The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

You convinced me , Trump is the greatest savior of the environment in the history of mankind

Yep, that's right.  Your post was demonstrated to be shallow, so everyone who pointed it out must believe the extreme opposite of whatever bull#### point your shallow understanding failed to make.

***** child.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Yep, that's right.  Your post was demonstrated to be shallow, so everyone who pointed it out must believe the extreme opposite of whatever bull#### point your shallow understanding failed to make.

***** child.  :rolleyes:

Are you insinuating that I'm not in the COT  (cult of trump) ?

Will the air and water quality be better after  Trump leaves office then before he was elected ? Honest question

Edited by ALF

2 hours ago, ALF said:

You convinced me , Trump is the greatest savior of the environment in the history of mankind

This is surprisingly immature. You react to admonishments for taking politically-driven articles as fact by accusing me (and most of the rest of us involved in the thread) of believing Trump to be an environmental savior. 

You ought to answer direct questions with what you personally believe, not some linked counter-argument from biased sources. 

And if you think that this place is nothing more than some kind of Trump-cult, why bother posting anything?

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Azalin said:

This is surprisingly immature. You react to admonishments for taking politically-driven articles as fact by accusing me (and most of the rest of us involved in the thread) of believing Trump to be an environmental savior. 

You ought to answer direct questions with what you personally believe, not some linked counter-argument from biased sources. 

And if you think that this place is nothing more than some kind of Trump-cult, why bother posting anything?

Will the air and water quality be better after  Trump leaves office then before he was elected ?

1 minute ago, ALF said:

Will the air and water quality be better after  Trump leaves office then before he was elected ?

Possibly yes, possibly no. Can you say one way or another which, if any of those rollbacks, will have any meaningful effect on the healthfulness of air and water? How many of them, if left in place, will increase the cost of electricity being generated? What would be the impact that more expensive energy would have on communities, large or small? 

How many of these regulations that Trump rolled back have increased toxicity levels to a degree that is actually harmful? Were any of those levels actually acceptable before the Obama administration lowered them further? That kind of thing happens frequently you know; the amount of lead in the water in Austin, Texas may be well within acceptable levels, but that doesn't stop agenda-driven anti-capitalists masquerading as environmentalists from ginning up fear simply because it's not a leftist in office. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ALF said:

Ok  Azalin , I accept your answer, because only time will tell , and I truly hope you are right.

The only “fix” to the environmental issues facing our species is through innovation and new technology. Full stop. 

Giving the federal government a bigger seat at the table, in an effort to fight something which no nation can fight through restrictions and taxation alone, is a sure fire way to SLOW the very innovation and technology advances we need to get out of this pickle. 

Because the liberals pushing climate change solutions aren’t really pushing solutions that will help address the problem. They’re pushing solutions that will increase the power of the political class at the expense of you and me. 

***** that. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The only “fix” to the environmental issues facing our species is through innovation and new technology. Full stop. 

Giving the federal government a bigger seat at the table, in an effort to fight something which no nation can fight through restrictions and taxation alone, is a sure fire way to SLOW the very innovation and technology advances we need to get out of this pickle. 

Because the liberals pushing climate change solutions aren’t really pushing solutions that will help address the problem. They’re pushing solutions that will increase the power of the political class at the expense of you and me. 

***** that. 

there are a lot of tech items that are very close to coming out that are going to ease a great many current dis-eases we currently experience. we are on the threshold of sci-fi world.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, ALF said:

Ok  Azalin , I accept your answer, because only time will tell , and I truly hope you are right.

Don’t ignore the fact that Flint and Newark water systems are run by the government.  How’s that worked out?

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Foxx said:

there are a lot of tech items that are very close to coming out that are going to ease a great many current dis-eases we currently experience. we are on the threshold of sci-fi world.

Agreed. 

And to go back down a rabbit hole that's my specialty (at least in terms of generating laughs/good natured derision): we now know, for a fact, that kind of "sci-fi" technology exists right here on our planet, right this very moment. Technology which would revolutionize travel, energy, and expand our understanding of multiple branches of science.

That's not conjecture, it's not fantasy, it's not "conspiracy theory". It's proven, and vouched for by the USN, even if the origin of said technology remains an "unknown". 

Let that sink in a bit and then remember what the "government"/political class are demanding from us in terms of fighting climate change. They want to expand this practice, grow the government and its power. The same government who kept the existence of this technology a secret from its people for at least 5 years (when the tic-tac footage was captured),if not many decades. Had they not kept it secret, had they not worked to silence those scientists and researchers who dared to ask 'what if it's real' -- there's no telling how far ahead we'd be today as a civilization/species/country. Why should we give up more of our individual rights and sovereignty to an entity that has proven, time and time again, it does not trust us with the truth? The same government that's spent our tax dollars to keep the knowledge of this kind of technology confined to the "alternative" community is asking us to "trust them" to fix the climate if we only just give them MORE power. 

I understand fully that UFOs/UAPs generate giggles. And 9 times out of 10 that I bring that subject up (especially down here) it's done with a wink and a smile more than a Fox Mulder type "the truth is out there". And that's fine, to a point. You can debate where these things come from, but there is no longer any debate that they're here. In craft which use technology -- technology which challenges our own understanding of material sciences, aeronautics, physics, and engineering -- but it's still technology not magic. Thus, it can be replicated. This technology has the ability to change our world in a heartbeat. If you doubt it, think back to the development of the combustion engine -- and how that changed nearly every aspect of life in the modern world within a generation or two.

The same is possible with this kind of tech, things we struggle with today will be foreign concepts to the generations to come...

So long as we don't ***** it up and allow for the secrecy to continue unchecked. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ALF said:

I could not agree more with DR on this subject . Just getting your opinions . 

Yes Flint , Newark and many more infrastructure is in critical condition to say the least.

You're a good egg, ALF. Truly. Even when we disagree on certain subjects, you have proven to always be willing to engage and reconsider your positions and push me to do the same. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ALF said:

:beer:

Something else I've said in the past and have neglected to reiterate here is that climate and environmentalism as subjects have been politicized to the point where many people (on both sides) argue points that they've only gleaned from biased sources, because that fits their preconceived beliefs. It makes honest discussion that much more difficult to have. 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And now for a wild change in subjects... :lol: 

Just in time for legalization. 

That's it - I'm not cleaning my kitchen any more. 

• Like (+1) 2