The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

@Deranged Rhino  This thread needs to be made into a feature film.  Get on it.

So, a few years back on a leg from Buffalo to JFK we had a couple of people get off the plane and not tell a steward(ess) or gate agent. They just gathered up their stuff, and hustled off the plane while those of us already seated watched them. 

Time comes for the door to close, and ... it doesn't.

Well, everyone sitting there knew what was going to happen. And yet it took crew + gate agent an additional 15 minutes to deplane everyone and call the bomb sniffing dogs. People were a touch irate as more than one person heard the woman say she was "afraid to fly". No, no one questioned the deplaning + the dogs, they questioned the time lapse before the police was called. 

So, after not finding anything on the plane, we were all re-boarded.

We get in line to take off (we were like tenth in line for take-off) and the captain chirps over the intercom, "There is now a ground stoppage in JFK."

A massive groan went up. The lady behind me says, "I have a flight to Zurich I am going to miss. I'd rather be in Buffalo than JFK." I pipe-up with "We are gonna miss our flight to Rome," and then it was a massive swell of voices ... "I am missing my connection to XYZ" and "I want to go back to the gate and get off!"

The plane taxied back to the gate, and a good portion of the people deplaned to make other flight accommodations. There must have been 80 to 100 people with overseas flight connections on that plane.  

Moral of the story? If you hear someone whimper they are afraid to fly you duct tape them to their damn seat!!

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Oh no. I mean, I wish him happy...

That's ok, I can still admire him from afar. ?

Surprise! The Rock is a married man.

Dwayne Johnson revealed Monday morning on Instagram that he and longtime girlfriend, singer Lauren Hashian, tied the knot Sunday in Hawaii.

</snip>

Maybe his stunt double would suffice? After all, he does all the physical stuff.

rock.jpg