The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

couple this with the Spring flooding in Nebraska and ... can you say food shortage this fall?

Irrigation tunnel collapses and cuts off 100,000 acres of farmland in Wyoming and Nebraska – State of emergency declared

When we took a ride to Chicago last month, you could see fallow fields in Ohio and Indiana all along the way. That spring rain/flooding (the rivers and creeks were still swollen)  really did a number on US crops.  I look for a price spike too. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

When we took a ride to Chicago last month, you could see fallow fields in Ohio and Indiana all along the way. That spring rain/flooding (the rivers and creeks were still swollen)  really did a number on US crops.  I look for a price spike too. 

yep, inflation and price spikes for sure. the subject just may need it's own thread.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Sounds like a plan! You should do it. ? 

i'm not good at tending a thread, life keeps me on my toes and never really in the direction i think. someone will probably do so in the Off the Wall sub if it really becomes an issue.

25 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Well this is a slippery slope I did not see coming...

What. The. *****?

Trans-able and Anti-able are things?

I can't wait for a giant trans-meteor (who self-identifies as a large comet) to wipe out the planet.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Well this is a slippery slope I did not see coming...

:huh:

Not being able to access more than simply the 1st page of that paper, so this is likely answered, but WTF are these Dr's smoking?

(This certainly won't be the right answer because how can somebody's perceptions be incorrect  :wacko: ) but  how about rather than wanting to permanently incapacitate these people they discuss in the paper, they actually treat their mental illnesses successfully enough that the patients don't want to be crippled?

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

Not being able to access more than simply the 1st page of that paper, so this is likely answered, but WTF are these Dr's smoking?

Look at the author's credentials. She's "Woman's Studies/Feminist, Gender and Sexuality Studies". Not even a PhD (at least at the time of writing in 2014/2015.)

• Like (+1) 1

JURY: KATY PERRY’S ‘DARK HORSE’ COPIED CHRISTIAN RAP SONG.

“They’re trying to own basic building blocks of music, the alphabet of music that should be available to everyone,” Perry’s lawyer Christine Lepera said during closing arguments Thursday.

The defendants’ musical expert testified that the musical patterns in dispute were as simple as “Mary Had a Little Lamb.”

But the jury of six women and three men disagreed, finding that the bumping beat and riff at the center of “Joyful Noise” were original enough to be copyrighted.

Perry and the song’s co-authors testified during the seven-day trial that none of them had heard the song or heard of Gray before the lawsuit, nor did they listen to Christian music.

Gray’s attorneys had only to demonstrate, however, that “Joyful Noise” had wide dissemination and could have been heard by Perry and her co-authors. They provided as evidence that it had millions of plays on YouTube and Spotify, and that the album it’s included on was nominated for a Grammy.

“They’re trying to shove Mr. Gray into some gospel music alleyway that no one ever visits,” said plaintiffs’ attorney Michael A. Kahn during closing arguments, when he also pointed out that Perry had begun her career as a Christian artist.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

JURY: KATY PERRY’S ‘DARK HORSE’ COPIED CHRISTIAN RAP SONG.

“They’re trying to own basic building blocks of music, the alphabet of music that should be available to everyone,” Perry’s lawyer Christine Lepera said during closing arguments Thursday.

The defendants’ musical expert testified that the musical patterns in dispute were as simple as “Mary Had a Little Lamb.”

But the jury of six women and three men disagreed, finding that the bumping beat and riff at the center of “Joyful Noise” were original enough to be copyrighted.

Perry and the song’s co-authors testified during the seven-day trial that none of them had heard the song or heard of Gray before the lawsuit, nor did they listen to Christian music.

Gray’s attorneys had only to demonstrate, however, that “Joyful Noise” had wide dissemination and could have been heard by Perry and her co-authors. They provided as evidence that it had millions of plays on YouTube and Spotify, and that the album it’s included on was nominated for a Grammy.

“They’re trying to shove Mr. Gray into some gospel music alleyway that no one ever visits,” said plaintiffs’ attorney Michael A. Kahn during closing arguments, when he also pointed out that Perry had begun her career as a Christian artist.

This is getting overturned on appeal. The jury even found the woman who wrote the lyrics (NOT the music) liable.

6 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Hakuna Matata

I was at the zoo once and a gorilla charged the glass and pounded it in an attempt to “get me”. It was awesome and definitely made me jump. Minus the glass, I doubt I’d have lived 5 seconds. The strength of a gorilla is incredible. 

6 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I was at the zoo once and a gorilla charged the glass and pounded it in an attempt to “get me”. It was awesome and definitely made me jump. Minus the glass, I doubt I’d have lived 5 seconds. The strength of a gorilla is incredible. 

Yeah. Not gonna lie, I'd probably have a little turtle head situation going on despite the glass being there.:unsure:

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall