The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

Screen-Shot-2019-07-14-at-22.37.06.png

From the comments to this post.

by Glenn Reynolds: https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/335969/

THE REAL AMERICA: Once again, the press and media are emphasizing division. But I took the weekend semi-off for a family reunion in the mountains, and driving back I came on an awful multiple-fatality accident just after it happened. (Fortunately, by the time I dug my trauma kit out and got to the scene, there was an actual paramedic on hand — just another passerby, but with a lot of skills, a great kit, and a couple of buddies who seemed to know what they were doing. Not that it mattered in the end, as the accident — a high-speed median-crossing headon — left no survivors. But at least there was someone more experienced and better trained than me to try.) But loads of people ran to help. There were a half-dozen members of the Thunderguards Atlanta chapter (a black outlaw motorcycle club), young women, middle-aged guys, etc. All doing their best to help and to comfort the victims. When the cops showed up they asked people to move the big debris off the road — there was a lot of it, big stuff like brake assemblies and wheels — which I thought was to open up the road but was actually so a helicopter could land right next to the vehicles. Everyone pitched in, and a couple of people even produced brooms from somewhere and swept the road after the big stuff was moved.

We were stuck there for over two hours before traffic moved, and everyone was friendly, helpful and offering each other water and other assistance. From the tenor of the news coverage most days, you’d never know that this America even exists.

• Thank you (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, B-Man said:

THE REAL AMERICA: Once again, the press and media are emphasizing division. But I took the weekend semi-off for a family reunion in the mountains, and driving back I came on an awful multiple-fatality accident just after it happened. (Fortunately, by the time I dug my trauma kit out and got to the scene, there was an actual paramedic on hand — just another passerby, but with a lot of skills, a great kit, and a couple of buddies who seemed to know what they were doing. Not that it mattered in the end, as the accident — a high-speed median-crossing headon — left no survivors. But at least there was someone more experienced and better trained than me to try.) But loads of people ran to help. There were a half-dozen members of the Thunderguards Atlanta chapter (a black outlaw motorcycle club), young women, middle-aged guys, etc. All doing their best to help and to comfort the victims. When the cops showed up they asked people to move the big debris off the road — there was a lot of it, big stuff like brake assemblies and wheels — which I thought was to open up the road but was actually so a helicopter could land right next to the vehicles. Everyone pitched in, and a couple of people even produced brooms from somewhere and swept the road after the big stuff was moved.

We were stuck there for over two hours before traffic moved, and everyone was friendly, helpful and offering each other water and other assistance. From the tenor of the news coverage most days, you’d never know that this America even exists.

Cajun Navy, numerous volunteer soup kitchens, search teams, etc.

ADDED:

Pro-Trump tweeter Carpe Donktum has built himself quite a following, thanks to his knack for juicy memes. His work has gotten attention from not only Donald Trump, but also from mainstream media outlets.

As Twitchy told you last week, the Washington Post profiled him, conveniently omitting everything he told them in his 2-hour interview with the article’s writers. But misrepresentation actually looks pretty tame next to what he claims BuzzFeed is now doing to him:

I have spoken with a reporter from Buzzfeed and they claim to have found my private Facebook profile, run a background check on me, and are prepared to release my name to the public, despite finding that I have no criminal background, nor is there any Newsworthy reason to do so.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I didn't know where to put this thread.

He has 4 little kids.  But the left doesn't silence people? 

There are many times we see things and say "Well, this happens on both sides of the aisle."

Not doxxing. This is purely a leftist thing, and it HAS to be a leftist thing because the motive behind doxxing is to hush people when you're too stupid or lazy to provide a counter argument.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

There are many times we see things and say "Well, this happens on both sides of the aisle."

Not doxxing. This is purely a leftist thing, and it HAS to be a leftist thing because the motive behind doxxing is to hush people when you're too stupid or lazy to provide a counter argument.

Yup. 

It's because they're too dim to realize they're pushing fascism and using fascist tactics to do so.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, B-Man said:

It only exists outside the urban enclaves.  And the media only covers the urban enclaves.  So most people don't know it exists.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

It only exists outside the urban enclaves.  And the media only covers the urban enclaves.  So most people don't know it exists.

This is why the founders created the electoral college.