The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

I am not certain anyone here knows about the Ravelry (they have (well, had) 8M members) kerfuffle that happened last month when all Trump support was banned from the site (patterns and such), and all Trump supporters were labeled "white supremacists".  While I do not knit, crochet and am in no way a "yarnie", it was a hot topic among my friends (online and off).  

This article is written by someone who dislikes President Trump.  It is an excellent article on how free speech is being treated, how insane the "radical left" are, and how diverse Trump supporters are.  It is an excellent read, and if you have a few minutes, it will be worth your time. 

Inside the Twisted Ravelry Controversy
Hate is Love. War is Peace.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

?

This won't end well... (if it ever starts). :lol:

Actually, I think it'll end awesomely.  

And begin awesomely.  I want to see a half-million people march through the ***** desert to storm an air base.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Who'd convict him!? :blink:

Man Beaten to Death After Stealing Car With Kids Inside, Police Say

Philadelphia police's homicide unit and the District Attorney’s Office will work to determine if the father will be charged

A car thief who stole a vehicle with children inside was chased down and beaten to death by the kids' father and other bystanders Thursday night, Philadelphia police said.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Who'd convict him!? :blink:

Man Beaten to Death After Stealing Car With Kids Inside, Police Say

Philadelphia police's homicide unit and the District Attorney’s Office will work to determine if the father will be charged

A car thief who stole a vehicle with children inside was chased down and beaten to death by the kids' father and other bystanders Thursday night, Philadelphia police said.

</snip>

Pretty sure it's manslaughter, to respond to car theft with deadly force.

Kidnapping, though...deadly force is totally allowed.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

case by case basis to be sifted thoroughly by a jury

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The thief had no control over the kids when he was pummeled to death. It was just as if the father shot him in the head.

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The thief had no control over the kids when he was pummeled to death. It was just as if the father shot him in the head.

What about the father's real fear of the guy escaping/subduing the father and went back to the kids immediately to re-kidnap them? 

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

What about the father's real fear of the guy escaping/subduing the father and went back to the kids immediately to re-kidnap them? 

As 33 said above each case has to be taken individually. Video may prove that the thief was on the ground and visibly out of it while the father or someone else continued to pound on him. It might show that it was a knockdown fight and the last punch is what did it. Maybe when he was hit his head hit the concrete. Regardless, a lot of evidence and witness testimony will be needed before the PD can charge him or not.

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

?

This won't end well... (if it ever starts). :lol:

Too bad there isn't a jail for "stupid people who have terrible ideas and the morons who follow along".

These people would walk right into it.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Too bad there isn't a jail for "stupid people who have terrible ideas and the morons who follow along".

These people would walk right into it.

it's how they live their life and hopefully future generations can escape it

3 hours ago, Wacka said:

Wait till they storm  Area 51 and find us using the alien ships we have to wipe them put like in War of the Worlds!?

1) The road to Area 51 - well, there isn't one.  The nearest one, however, is an undeveloped dirt road.  It's not like a few hundred thousand people are driving there.

2) There's no infrastructure.  It's 75 miles of empty dirt road.  The only town is Rachel, Nevada, population 54.  

3) Even if they get there, and somehow survive just being there...it's about a 20 mile walk from Rachel to Groom lake through the ***** Nevada desert.

This is the best idea ever.  I'm excited for it.  :w00t:

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

:blink: I could not be a boss in this day and age - well, not be a boss and hire anyone under 30.

(thread)

The two people on my team under 30 are two of my best performers.  Of course, I've cut the dead weight by now, e.g. the guy who wanted credit for showing up on time, even though he did nothing.  

But I did have a guy today, probably just 30...I changed up the way my team works about two months ago, for reasons not worth getting in to.  It resulted in him having more work and more responsibility.  He told me today that he was really pissed when I did it, because he'd actually have to do something, but he discovered he's enjoying his job more because he's doing stuff.  :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, I'm shockingly skilled at managing people.  Even millennials.  I haven't yet called anyone an idiot.  

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

:blink: I could not be a boss in this day and age - well, not be a boss and hire anyone under 30.

(thread)

Holy crap.  I thought this story was funny and given the details I told Sammy about it.  He went OFF on me calling me some very mean names.  Then he told me what I can do with the p and all the rest of the letters that are actually in hamster.  It was raunchy and a bit scary; even for him.

• Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

(thread)

Different coaching... ha. The only coaching that idiot needs is to be coached up to the unemployment line.