The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

NOPE! Could not do it. My first job out of college was as a field engineer for a large general contractor, I was in charge of monitoring the progress of the decking on a four story building which required me to spend a lot of time walking on the steel and climbing 40 foot ladders. For a guy who hates heights, it was NOT a fun time (though it was hilarious for the rest of the crew who liked to make fun of gingerly I walked across the beams even while wearing a harness/safety gear which these guys did not have. 

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

NOPE! Could not do it. My first job out of college was as a field engineer for a large general contractor, I was in charge of monitoring the progress of the decking on a four story building which required me to spend a lot of time walking on the steel and climbing 40 foot ladders. For a guy who hates heights, it was NOT a fun time (though it was hilarious for the rest of the crew who liked to make fun of gingerly I walked across the beams even while wearing a harness/safety gear which these guys did not have. 

If you do a bit of research, it’s amazing to how many men the cement forms anchoring these bridges are tombs.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

If you do a bit of research, it’s amazing to how many men the cement forms anchoring these bridges are tombs.

Yup -- the other part of my responsibilities on the site was to make sure the iron workers were using the harnesses and safety gear as they worked. Most of the iron workers HATED the harnesses and would just walk the iron (including wrapping their legs around the beams to hold themselves up while welding underneath the beams!) without the gear because it slowed them down. 

Meanwhile, I was the hall monitor -- all the while being terrified of the height :lol: I wasn't very effective at that part of the job.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

This thread fleshes that clip out a little more. (My laugh was not about the offense which was horrible, my laugh was concerning the fact that she's an idiot.)

In the second edition of her book, the story will be expanded with new information to explain how the judge in that case was wearing a red "Make America Great Again" hat, and screamed "THIS IS MAGA COUNTRY!", as he pronounced the "death recorded" sentence for raping that 6 year old child. ~200 years ago.

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

In the second edition of her book, the story will be expanded with new information to explain how the judge in that case was wearing a red "Make America Great Again" hat, and screamed "THIS IS MAGA COUNTRY!", as he pronounced the "death recorded" sentence for raping that 6 year old child. ~200 years ago.

and Christine B Ford will provide the epilogue.

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:ph34r::nana:

“The cost [of research and development] is a trade secret that I cannot reveal,” Pang later told Thepaper.cn. “We achieved this at a low cost, this is our company’s technology.”

tumblr_nxjvhp2l4G1rfd7lko1_500.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

F ‘em. We’ve already got our grammar school kids working on it. They’ve developed SUBMARINES already and these will enable us to take all of their Moo Shu Pork, and just will they be then? Back to fried wontons - that’s where. 

Hell, I did some of the prototype work on this back in the 1950s. 

Round-eye win again, Johnny Chinaman! You muss tri hadar. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Round-eye win again, Johnny Chinaman! You muss tri hadar.

You sure about that? Where are we going to get enough adults to drill holes through the water bottle caps?

China has a significant advantage in adults with drills! WE MUST CLOSE THE DRILL GAP!

• Haha (+1) 1