Will Mayfield be available at #21?

wppete

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

I think Allen makes the most sense to the Giants. He needs the most work and 3 years behind Eli could do wonders. He has the most raw talent. 

Just seems to make too much sense to me. 

If not the Giants, I can see him falling out of the 1st round or to the Steelers or Pats**.  I agree, he needs to sit behind a vet for a while.  Great talent, just not all "put together."  

Not sure if he will be, but I do think at this point at least in the minds of many fans, especially after the Senior Bowl hype, he is being overhyped.  I don't think he'll be a top 10 guy.  I think he'll go int he 15-30 range.

I also have a feeling Josh Rosen won't be going as high as projected right now.  I think there's enough concern with his durability and his lack of pocket presence that will scare enough teams away.  If the Bills do really like him I think they'll be a chance to move up and get him w/out having to sell the farm....I'm talking somewhere in the 5-12 range.

Sam Darnold, by far the best QB in the draft, will be the #1 pick.  He is very good.  I will be shocked if he's not the 1st pick.

7 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

If Mayfield is there then to me that signifies buyer beware. I will not claim to know more than any coach or scout in the NFL. I also have not spoke to Mayfields coaches or Mayfield. I only base my opinion on what I watched against UGA. Mayfield is an emotional player. If Mayfield makes it out of the top 12 there is a reason. Just like there was for Loseman, Manuel, Barkley, Quinn....etc 

I would be cautiously optimistic for a first round qb choice.  I also know it doesn’t mean the answer to the question at QB has necessarily been solved. 

Good points, but sometimes teams get antsy and out-think themselves.  Happened with Rodgers, Brees, and Wilson.  

I don't think he will be there at #21, but I would love it if he was. I'd run up to the podium with that pick if I were the Bills and he was still there at our pick. 

Its TD so hard to predict the draft though. Every year guys fall that I'd never expect to, and others go way higher than I thought they would. So, who knows... 

9 hours ago, wppete said:

Do you guys think it’s possible teams will be shy to draft Baker Mayfield early in the draft because of off field concerns and his height? Maybe a slide like an Aaron Rodgers had?

The more I watch video on him the more I feel he would be perfect for our offense and weapons. He is very accurate and a strong arm. I’m a big fan. Hope it happens would love to see him as a Bill. 

Me too , some think he will some do not. Let's hope so, but if not I think we should trade up.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

These jeans say “get comfy in the green room”

I hope so, whatever he can do to slide .

5 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Im not sure about mayfield but I expect many will see him as a massivley more accurate tebow, in terms of leadership.  Hes supremly accurate and has all the intagible things.  He wont make it far from top 10 if at all.

Tebow would have been the ideal QB if he had Mayfield 's accuracy.

I'd say it's possible but I wouldn't be super confident on draft night that he's actually slipping that far.

I'll say this though; 5 QBs have been taken in the top 20 exactly once in NFL history...there's a pretty decent chance that at least one of the big 5 slips to 21; I'd bet it's Mayfield or Lamar Jackson.

That would be a good thing for the Bills I think Mayfields up side far out weighs the negative that the "Professionals" talk about !!

Mayfield has always been the under dog so who better to be the Bills QB of the future !!

Although if he is gone & Rudolf is still available at 21 i would take him in a heart beat so they could keep both number one picks !!