Will Mayfield be available at #21?

wppete

Do you guys think it’s possible teams will be shy to draft Baker Mayfield early in the draft because of off field concerns and his height? Maybe a slide like an Aaron Rodgers had?

The more I watch video on him the more I feel he would be perfect for our offense and weapons. He is very accurate and a strong arm. I’m a big fan. Hope it happens would love to see him as a Bill. 

Well, when Denver or the Jets sign Kirk Cousins, that leaves one of those two, Cleveland, and Arizona as teams desperately in need of a QB in round one.  With that being said, there's a bunch of teams that could need a QB (Giants, Chargers, Dolphins, to name a few) so we could see a slide of one of the top 4 guys, but it's hard to believe that they'll fall in our lap. 

I think it's more likely that Josh Allen is there at 21. 

I don't see the giants taking a QB so I would expect Darnold at #1, Rosen at #5/6 (depending on cousins), Allen or Mayfield at #15 and then the potential that the other falls. However, this seems unlikely. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Nope 

4 QBs will go in the top 10

Rosen

Darnold

Allen 

Mayfield 

Which four teams do you see in the top ten/trading up that are desperate enough for a QB to spend a top ten pick? 

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think it's more likely that Josh Allen is there at 21. 

I don't see the giants taking a QB so I would expect Darnold at #1, Rosen at #5/6 (depending on cousins), Allen or Mayfield at #15 and then the potential that the other falls. However, this seems unlikely. 

Which four teams do you see in the top ten/trading up that are desperate enough for a QB to spend a top ten pick? 

Cleveland

Giants

Denver

NYJ

Outside Top 10

Redskins

Miami

AZ

Buffalo

Saints

Jacksonville

and to take it a step further 

Cleveland - Darnold

Giants - Allen

Denver - Mayfield

Jets - Rosen 

Edited by MAJBobby

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....just a wild and unsubstantiated guess (about all I'm good for anyway), think that Rudolph is their pick at 21/22, safe and probably unsexy.......Mayfield available at 21 is doubtful nor do I think this gang surrenders draft capital to move up.....

They might even have to trade up a little to get Rudolph or Lamar Jackson.  I have a feeling that there will be a big QB feeding frenzy.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Cleveland

Giants

Denver

NYJ

Outside Top 10

Redskins

Miami

AZ

Buffalo

Saints

Jacksonville

Giants go best talent with 1st round pick to capitalize on Eli's time left. One of Denver/NYJ will have Cousins, Redskins have Smith for next 4 years, Miami has their QB and Jacksonville has Bortles who they like. Aside from Cleveland and whoever misses on Cousins, its only really AZ and the Saints we have to worry about. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Cleveland - Darnold

Giants - Allen

Denver - Mayfield

Jets - Rosen 

I think Denver will sign Cousins.  One thing's for sure though.  If there's a QB bust in the 1st round, it will be the Browns who draft that QB.

Just hoping they get a trade worked out with the Giants before the draft. 

1 minute ago, bills8323 said:

Giants go best talent with 1st round pick to capitalize on Eli's time left. One of Denver/NYJ will have Cousins, Redskins have Smith for next 4 years, Miami has their QB and Jacksonville has Bortles who they like. Aside from Cleveland and whoever misses on Cousins, its only really AZ and the Saints we have to worry about. 

See I think the other way. Giants look toward future and get the highest ceiling QB, that needs time, Josh Allen and sits him behind Eli one year. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I think Denver will sign Cousins.  One thing's for sure though.  If there's a QB bust in the 1st round, it will be the Browns who draft that QB.

Could be. I think Cousins is going to a team like Jax. Ready built window open 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Also think them(Browns) trying to Trade for Alex Smith (and not wanting to extend him) point to they really like Allen as well and just tried to get that Bridge QB so they dont have to play him day one. 

Not really.  Darnold could use some additional development behind a veteran QB.

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

....so then how soon should we anticipate page 1 being littered with "bring in___________from the Broncos" threads after Elway starts releasing from his QB stable??......Lynch?...Siemian?......Chad?....stay tuned......

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....so then how soon should we anticipate page 1 being littered with "bring in___________from the Broncos" threads after Elway starts releasing from his QB stable??......Lynch?...Siemian?......Chad?....stay tuned......

Immediately as you know.  There will be some on here that say Lynch just needs the right coaching.