Potential Picks From Trades

Dkollidas

I understand that people have varying valuations, but two players who look like likely trade candidates this off-season, are Tyrod Taylor & Cordy Glenn...

when looking at any trade of players for picks. Is it more likely we get Picks for the upcoming 2018 draft, or Picks that don’t come until 2019?

My assumption is that they can get more value if they wait a year to receive the compensation, and could put certain conditions on them as well.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Not moving Cordy Glenn for anything less than Multiple 2nds 

I think his contract and injury status might affect that a bit. And honestly I don’t see them wanting to keep his contract on the books, so eating the dead cap sooner rather than later will be beneficial to them. 

Just my personal belief on what the organization is thinking. 

1 minute ago, Dkollidas said:

I think his contract and injury status might affect that a bit. And honestly I don’t see them wanting to keep his contract on the books, so eating the dead cap sooner rather than later will be beneficial to them. 

Enough of this dead money. Just play Glenn at guard or RT. This cutting players for the sake of saving nothing in cap space is getting ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think Cordy Glenn could be moved as part of a trade up with either the Giants or Colts. In fact the NY media is already talking about Cordy Glenn as a potential trade target for the Giants. 

No no one will trade for Tyrod imo.

2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Enough of this dead money. Just play Glenn at guard or RT. This cutting players for the sake of saving nothing in cap space is getting ridiculous. 

Every team does this all of the time. If a player doesn't fit the plan they move on and take the cap space. This is normal procedure in the NFL. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

TT has little trade value.  I just don't see a team giving that much for TT. Maybe a 4th to a team like Arizona that will also draft a QB and need a vet for a year.  

Bills have no business moving Glenn.  The OL was an absolute disaster last year and is far worse on paper now.  Three fifths of the line needs to be replaced from C to RT.  They can not afford to let go of Glenn.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Pre June 1 trade dead cap is 9.6MAnd give a 4.8M in cap savings. 

After June 1 trade gives 

3.2 dead cap this year 

6.4 dead cap next year 

and 11.2M in savings this year.

Multiple Seconds (in value) min or i dont make the trade. 

His contract post trade isnt bad for the gaining team (ala Dareus) cause all his dead cap goes away. So essentially here are the gaining teams cap hits on Glenn going forward with obviously easy outs at any time. 

This year would be the biggest unless the Bills trade him after they pay his roster bonus but 

If after roster bonus paid

this year little over 9M

next year a little over 7M and a 2M roster bonus 

year after little over 7M and a 2M roster bonus

bit can walk away anytime no dead cap. That isnt a bad contract for a LT to a gaining team

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Then dont move him. Meet the price or nada 

I'm fine with keeping him but this regime is cap conscious & he has one of the biggest contracts next year.If they move him maybe we could get a 2 or 3 & a good young player in return.

Just now, MC Hamburg said:

A healthy Cordy Glenn plus picks 21 and 22 would make some nice trade up bait...might even land us our franchise QB for 1+ years..I would be all in:D 

I would be happy if Glenn was in a package that gets us to A long term answer at QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

tt and glenn to philly for foles!0:)

I don't understand the Foles infatuation at the moment. He bounced around and did nothing when he had his opportunities elsewhere. He has a couple of ok games filling in for Philly and now he's worthy of multiple players?  No way. I wouldn't trade Glenn for him straight up. Tyrod maybe, but in a player for player swap only. 

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Not moving Cordy Glenn for anything less than Multiple 2nds 

I would love this but the contract coupled with the injury might make this hard to achieve...While it might sound a bit disappointing, I could see a situation where we get a conditional mid round pick.

7 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I understand that people have varying valuations, but two players who look like likely trade candidates this off-season, are Tyrod Taylor & Cordy Glenn...

when looking at any trade of players for picks. Is it more likely we get Picks for the upcoming 2018 draft, or Picks that don’t come until 2019?

My assumption is that they can get more value if they wait a year to receive the compensation, and could put certain conditions on them as well.

Taylor is not getting traded...we would have to pick up a $6 million option by March...nobody is going to trade for him when they can wait for us to cut him. It's not like he is going to have teams lining up like they are for Cousins(somewhat inexplicably)

Edited by matter2003

12 hours ago, H2o said:

I don't understand the Foles infatuation at the moment. He bounced around and did nothing when he had his opportunities elsewhere. He has a couple of ok games filling in for Philly and now he's worthy of multiple players?  No way. I wouldn't trade Glenn for him straight up. Tyrod maybe, but in a player for player swap only. 

people act like he's been in the league for 10 years. he had one bad year with the bad rams after an injured 3rd season in philly.

i don't think he was going to get to compete with smith in k.c. either.