Sammy Coming Back???

Kwai San

I saw that too.  While it’s not a clear indication he is coming back, it is Interesting he didn’t close the door.  Not to mention his profile pic on social media is him still in a Bills uniform.  

Remember he he grew up a Bills fan.  Man I would love bringing him back.  Won’t get my hopes up, I actually think SF is where he ends up if he leaves the Rams.  But a guy can dream!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I saw that too.  While it’s not a clear indication he is coming back, it is Interesting he didn’t close the door.  Not to mention his profile pic on social media is him still in a Bills uniform.  

Remember he he grew up a Bills fan.  Man I would love bringing him back.  Won’t get my hopes up, I actually think SF is where he ends up if he leaves the Rams.  But a guy can dream!

Good call. I think the Rams hold onto him, but if not SF would be a great place for him to land. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Good call. I think the Rams hold onto him, but if not SF would be a great place for him to land. 

Yeah, he would be a perfect fit in SF and adding him in FA would allow them to fill other needs in the draft because they absolutely need to add a legit WR this offseason.  Like I said in another post in this thread, I will confidently predict 1400+ yards and 10+ TD's if he was in SF as Jimmy G's top target next year.  We already saw what a healthy Sammy did with TT in the 9 straight healthy games in 2015 when he had a solid deep ball thrower and was the focal point.  Put him with a legit passer like Jimmy G (yup I am sold on him already) as the focal point of the passing game again and Sammy will be a beast.  

As far as Rams go...Im not convinced the Rams can hold on to Sammy because of the bad Tavon Austin contract.  They already gave Woods his deal last year and Austin got that big deal (which IMO is a terrible deal for a small WR with marginal hands).  If they either get rid of Austin or rework his deal then sure, but if not, I am not convinced the Rams will invest into another WR when they also have two young receiving weapons in Kupp and Everett at TE to go with Woods, Austin, and Gurley.  They need to spend in some other areas to get over the hump, so I am skeptical they will put more money into the receiver group.  

They didn't expect to get so much help from Woods and Kupp when they traded for Sammy.  And Goff is not a good deep ball thrower which is the primary use for Sammy in LA.  Goff excels on short and intermediate throws in which he has a full cupboard of weapons for already.  Rams need to improve their defense more than spend big on the O this offseason.  They got a great DL but thats where it stops for the Rams.  Lots of needs on D.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If Sammy goes to SF he will put up 1400+ yards and 10+ TDs next season as Jimmy G’s top target and I think that’s where he lands if he leaves Rams.

Great call. I could also see him going to the Jets with Kirk Cousins

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Sad 1

LA "fanbase" possible backlash aside, imagine you are that front office and Sammy's agent is asking for much more than what they paid Woods - possibly double. How do you justify that investment?! Woods had a career year and is what, ~$7M/year and only $15M guaranteed?

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought he was getting tagged (doesn’t seem like a good idea but Les Snead is an idiot )

That was somewhat informed speculation by a sportswriter only. And wasn't jumped on by other insiders. It could very well still happen but not a foregone conclusion at all. 

I 100% would be on board with Sammy coming back. And the compensation in the trade out West would lessen the blow on the initial trade up. 

Now I also expect to win the lottery before a Watkins to Buffalo reunion happens