The Process

Sky Diver

No one really knows what the "Process" is with McDermott. I leave Beane out of this because we started hearing about the "Process" before Beane got to Buffalo. We think we know based on what kind of players have been brought in and who was shown the door. We think we know based on the type of discipline we've all seen on the field. We think we know because we haven't seen the off the field craziness like in previous years. But it's too early to really have a handle on what the "Process" is. Also, do they ever abandon part of the "Process" because maybe one or two things in their minds that can take the team over the top is out there and available but doesn't fit the overall vision of the "Process"? Are they willing to let some things happen while others they are more ridgid on based on the teams needs? We'll never know the answer to that for sure or if the "Process" has been completed. Not even if the Bills win a Superbowl one day with this staff. Personally, I don't think it's Black and White and a Written in Stone thing. I think it's much more fluid with a few base fundamentals that McDermott believes in with everything he has and the rest can be tweaked if he needs to to get the best results in any given season.