The Darkhorse No One has Mentioned

5 minutes ago, RyanTalbotBills said:

I don't see Derek Anderson as a realistic option. Anderson, Peterman and a rookie would not inspire much confidence.

Agreed.

We are in win now mode regardless of whether we draft a rookie or not. I see us snagging a Bradford or Foles if we take a rookie. Derek Anderson is a journeyman backup, we would be better off sticking with Tyrod. At least we know what we have with him,  he commands respect in the locker room and already is familiar with our personnel. 

Wow - I woke up to read this???  I am going back to bed.  No thanks for Krap-a-dick, no thanks to Anderson.  Just NO!  Anyway you slice it this doesn't make any sense for all the reasons already stated.

NO!!!  And what part of no didn't you understand?  NO!

3 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Signing DA can do 2 things for the Bills

#1 It can give them a capable starting caliber QB ( Bridge ). 

# 2 Im basing this signing on the plan that we definitely drafting a QB high whether by trade up or in our original spots in the first rd. With that being said #2 is if that said QB rips it up during preseason DA can be a good Mentor/Clip holder bkup for the young QB.

Hadn't thought about this before. If they draft a QB, this could possibly happen. I'm sure they have Plan A-E. 

Edited by Perk71
Spelling

6 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I was looking at the free agents list at QB and 1 name stuck out to me the most as a possible bridge type QB it was Derek Anderson.  DA is 35yrs old has alot of experience and won't come with hefty price tag i can see the Bills signing him to a 2yr deal worth up to 20mil based on playing time.  Basically if he starts he'll get 10 mil per season if he's the bkup anywhere from 5 to 7.5 that's pretty much the going rate for experienced bkups . 

Why does he fit? 

First off he's the prototype QB Beane has been talking bout he's 6'5 and has a big arm has been reasonably successful over his career . DA brings alot of experience to the table and can be a mentor to the QB we draft . There's also that familiarity he has with McBeane with them all coming from Carolina . Being a quality bkup for the latter part of his career DA wouldn't have any prbs with his role as a mentor and he probably would embrace the opportunity to start for a yr or however long it takes for our young QB to develop. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying i like this move.  I'm just surprised no one has brought up this player as a darkhorse candidate for the Bills. He can very much be the guy there looking for based on our cap situation and the need to bring in a young QB. 

Is this guy serious?

I think it's at least a possibility.  I don't think they'd hand him the job but if he's brought in as cheap and reasonable competition, I think he in a battle against a rookie would be a good thing.  If the rookie truly earns it then you go with him and you have Anderson mentoring him that way or if Anderson is the starter, he could provide a decent fill in.  Wouldn't be my favorite option, obviously, but I can't deny his experience in this league and being in a similar situation a few years ago and doing well with it.  

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The idiot scored a 38 on his Wonderlic test. :lol:

I assume this is sarcasm. Most QBs would be ecstatic with Kaepernick's score. Politics aside, his record and stats are above RG3. Again, as a bridge QB, I think he is well above a majority of the possible FA QBs. It is only because of those that have a political bias tainting their reasoning that he is not an NFL starter. Compared to Cousins his worst rated year was 78, while Cousins had a rating of 58. Both have decent stats.

Kap -TDS 72 INT 30 YDS 12,271 RTG 88.9

Cousins – TDS 27 INT 13 YDS 4,093 RTG 93.9

I would take Kaps numbers for 1/3 less money in a heartbeat

Just now, simpleman said:

I assume this is sarcasm. Most QBs would be ecstatic with Kaepernick's score. Politics aside, his record and stats are above RG3. Again, as a bridge QB, I think he is well above a majority of the possible FA QBs. It is only because of those that have a political bias tainting their reasoning that he is not an NFL starter. Compared to Cousins his worst rated year was 78, while Cousins had a rating of 58. Both have decent stats.

Kap -TDS 72 INT 30 YDS 12,271 RTG 88.9

Cousins – TDS 27 INT 13 YDS 4,093 RTG 93.9

I would take Kaps numbers for 1/3 less money in a heartbeat

It is.  He called Kaep dumb which is hilarious because he's very intelligent. 

8 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I was looking at the free agents list at QB and 1 name stuck out to me the most as a possible bridge type QB it was Derek Anderson.  DA is 35yrs old has alot of experience and won't come with hefty price tag i can see the Bills signing him to a 2yr deal worth up to 20mil based on playing time.  Basically if he starts he'll get 10 mil per season if he's the bkup anywhere from 5 to 7.5 that's pretty much the going rate for experienced bkups . 

Why does he fit? 

First off he's the prototype QB Beane has been talking bout he's 6'5 and has a big arm has been reasonably successful over his career . DA brings alot of experience to the table and can be a mentor to the QB we draft . There's also that familiarity he has with McBeane with them all coming from Carolina . Being a quality bkup for the latter part of his career DA wouldn't have any prbs with his role as a mentor and he probably would embrace the opportunity to start for a yr or however long it takes for our young QB to develop. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying i like this move.  I'm just surprised no one has brought up this player as a darkhorse candidate for the Bills. He can very much be the guy there looking for based on our cap situation and the need to bring in a young QB. 

Everyone is attacking this idea but it makes sense. I think Anderson is in a group on cheap vets who could be 4-8 game starters while the high end rookie gets ready. Guys like Anderson, Matt Moore make sense there. I think it's a possibility if we trade up for Rosen-Darnold-Allen. Any other prospect will require a better bridge imo. Why pay Tyrod Taylor 18 million to start a couple of games. 

No matter what there will be a veteran quarterback in the position room and on this team. It will either be a high end guy who will be our starter or a low end guy like this who will keep the seat warm for a high end rookie. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I think Anderson is in a group on cheap vets who could be 4-8 game starters while the high end rookie gets ready. Guys like Anderson, Matt Moore make sense there. I think it's a possibility if we trade up for Rosen-Darnold-Allen. Any other prospect will require a better bridge imo. 

More like if your starter is injured pray for a speedy recovery.  Anderson is awful. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

More like if your starter is injured pray for a speedy recovery.  Anderson is awful. 

Im saying why pay a bridge 18 million to play 4 games. That is not a bridge and that was the dumbass mistake the Bears made with Glennon. 

9 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Why does he fit? 

No thank you. If we are looking at any QB with a Cleveland background...I'd rather see if I could get Cody Kessler for a 6th or 7th.