New Bills MLB

Buffalo Barbarian

On 2/4/2018 at 3:21 PM, OldTimer1960 said:

Problem is how to get him.  For all the talk about the amount of “draft capital “ that the Bills have, their picks are all pretty late in each round.

Let’s say that they trade a 1st and their own 2nd to move up a bit to grab Rudolph or Jackson.  They would still own pick 22, but likely have to get a DT, possibly DE there.  Their next pick would be late in Round 2, probably too late to get a guy like him.  Their 3rd round pick will either be 31st or 32nd in round 3, so not very valuable if they want to move up in round 2.

If we trade up for Rudolph, I spontaneously combust.  We need a MLB as much as we need a DT.  2a and 2b draft needs imo.  If Vander Esche is the top player on their board, take him and grab a DT rd 2 or 3.  There’s more than one way to fill the roster 

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

If we trade up for Rudolph, I spontaneously combust.  We need a MLB as much as we need a DT.  2a and 2b draft needs imo.  If Vander Esche is the top player on their board, take him and grab a DT rd 2 or 3.  There’s more than one way to fill the roster 

So, you don’t like Rudolph? ?

• Like (+1) 1

Am I the only one that just doesn't see it in this guy? 

I mean, he seems to have great awareness of the field that helps with his pass coverage, and yes he also tackles well..  Don't get me wrong, he shows some positives in his game. 

However, he lacks the speed and aggression to translate to the next level.  What I want most out of my middle linebacker is speed, aggression, and keen pursuit angles.  Vander Esch doesn't display any of these three, and I think McBeane also look for these attributes based on their former guy (Luke Kuechly). 

3 hours ago, elijah said:

I mean, he seems to have great awareness of the field that helps with his pass coverage, and yes he also tackles well..  Don't get me wrong, he shows some positives in his game. 

However, he lacks the speed and aggression to translate to the next level.  What I want most out of my middle linebacker is speed, aggression, and keen pursuit angles.  Vander Esch doesn't display any of these three, and I think McBeane also look for these attributes based on their former guy (Luke Kuechly). 

I have to disagree, I think he has great speed. I think he will run a 4.6 at the combine, if he does that he is going round 1.

4 hours ago, elijah said:

Sounds like the guy from Va. Tech (Edmunds)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.