New Bills MLB

Buffalo Barbarian

"A surprise addition to an already deep linebacker class, Vander Esch brings an ideal combination of size, athleticism and intelligence to the table. A versatile prospect with great instincts and a physical playing style, was named this year’s Mountain West Conference Defensive Player of the Year. "

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/02/01/leighton-vander-esch-nfl-draft-profile/

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Interesting.

dont know much about him but it look like he will go fairly early 

i will have to look into him a bit 

I only saw one game but he was pretty impressive, was making tackles all over the field , getting sacks and good in pass coverage.

I just wonder about them drafting any underclassmen. I mean, wasn’t EVERY pick from last year a senior? I could see them really liking a guy like Josey Jewell out of Iowa, could also probably be had in the 3rd or 4th. 

But Vander Esch brings a lot of size and mobility... 

2 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I just wonder about them drafting any underclassmen. I mean, wasn’t EVERY pick from last year a senior? I could see them really liking a guy like Josey Jewell out of Iowa, could also probably be had in the 3rd or 4th. 

But Vander Esch brings a lot of size and mobility... 

Beans wasnt on board for last draft, and one draft is a pretty small sample size to say the bills won’t do something.

anyway, good player at Boise. A second day prospect. 

Edited by LEBills

Problem is how to get him.  For all the talk about the amount of “draft capital “ that the Bills have, their picks are all pretty late in each round.

Let’s say that they trade a 1st and their own 2nd to move up a bit to grab Rudolph or Jackson.  They would still own pick 22, but likely have to get a DT, possibly DE there.  Their next pick would be late in Round 2, probably too late to get a guy like him.  Their 3rd round pick will either be 31st or 32nd in round 3, so not very valuable if they want to move up in round 2.

9 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Problem is how to get him.  For all the talk about the amount of “draft capital “ that the Bills have, their picks are all pretty late in each round.

Let’s say that they trade a 1st and their own 2nd to move up a bit to grab Rudolph or Jackson.  They would still own pick 22, but likely have to get a DT, possibly DE there.  Their next pick would be late in Round 2, probably too late to get a guy like him.  Their 3rd round pick will either be 31st or 32nd in round 3, so not very valuable if they want to move up in round 2.

That's the thought that keeps coming back to me...... We have extra picks but they are all in the lower parts of those rounds?

1 minute ago, ILoveEndingTheSeasonInNov said:

That's the thought that keeps coming back to me...... We have extra picks but they are all in the lower parts of those rounds?

If they can’t get in range to get a good QB prospect, i’D be game to trade 21 or 22 for a 1st next year and a top 1/2 of the second round pick this year.  Thought being that if you don’t have a QB, they likely will finish lower than they did this year and an earlier 1st of their own and an extra 1st hopefully would allow them to move way up in round 1 to get a good QB prospect.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I don’t know...kid seems to play solid, but is he a little on the slower side or is it just me? Seems there might be faster guys available, no?

He definitely can be faster... let's see what his 20 yard shuttle is 

thats a good quickness indicator

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.