P51 - Positional top 10 rankings and Top 55 Big Board and 3 Mocks Drafts.

P51

Bills mock

V1.0

Sign FA “Franchise” QB – Kirk Cousins (20%).

Draft 1

RD 1; 21 – Rashaan Evans (LB – Alabama)

RD 1; 22 – Harrison Phillips (DT – Stanford)

RD 2; 53 – Leighton Vander Esch (ILB/SLB – Boise St.)

RD 2; 56 – Desmond Harrison (RT/T – W. Georgia)(Off)

Rd 3; 95 – Chad Thomas (43DE – U. Miami)

RD 4; 117 - Bradley Bozeman (C – Alabama)

RD 5; 149 – Darrell Williams (RB – L.S.U.)

RD 5; 157 – D.J. Chark (WR/ST – L.S.U.)

Sign FA QB – Bridge (or Keep T.T. if needed as Bridge) (30%).

Draft 2

RD 1; 21– Rashaan Evans (LB – Alabama)

RD 1; 22 – James Washington (WR – Ok. St.)

RD 2; 53 – Mason Rudolph (QB – Ok. St.)

RD 2; 56 – Sam Hubbard (43DE – O.S.U.)

Rd 3; 95 – Rasheem Green (3DT/DPR – U.S.C.)

RD 4; 117 – Bradley Bozeman (C – Alabama)

RD 5; 157 – Shaquem Griffin (OLB – U.C.F.)

No FA QB – Draft only (50%)

Draft 3

RD 1; 1 – Cleveland – Baker Mayfield (QB – Oklahoma)

RD 1; 2 – N.Y.G. – Josh Rosen (QB – U.C.L.A.)(Med)

RD 1; 3 – Indianapolis – Bradley Chubb (43DE – N.C. St.)

RD 1; 4 – Cleveland (via. Houston) - Saquon Barkley (RB – Penn St.)

*Trade*

Denver signs QB – Kirk Cousins in FA and trades the 5th pick (1700 pts) to Buffalo for picks 21, 22, 53 in the 2018 draft (1920 pts) and a 2019 4th round pick (higher of the two). Analysis: John Elway does not want to develop a QB, Cousins coming in and the need to reshape the roster in Denver allows the Bronco’s to trade the 5th pick to get a needed infusion of some cost controlled youth on their roster. Denver gets 220+ points or the equivalent of a 3rd round (74th pick) in this trade and a 2019 4th round pick as additional sweeteners. Buffalo gets the 5th pick, Denver gets 2 – 1sts, a 2nd, a 3rd (equivalent/+220 pts draft value) and 2019 4th round picks.

RD 1; 5 – Buffalo (via. Denver) - Sam Darnold (QB – U.S.C.)

RD 2; 56 - Leighton Vander Esch (ILB/SLB – Boise St.)

RD 5; 149 – Kentavius Street (3DT – N.C. St.)

44 minutes ago, P51 said:

Bills mock

V1.0

Sign FA “Franchise” QB – Kirk Cousins (20%).

Draft 1

RD 1; 21 – Rashaan Evans (LB – Alabama)

RD 1; 22 – Harrison Phillips (DT – Stanford)

RD 2; 53 – Leighton Vander Esch (ILB/SLB – Boise St.)

RD 2; 56 – Desmond Harrison (RT/T – W. Georgia)(Off)

RD 4; 117 - Bradley Bozeman (C – Alabama)

Sign FA QB – Bridge (or Keep T.T. if needed as Bridge) (30%).

Draft 2

RD 1; 21– Rashaan Evans (LB – Alabama)

RD 1; 22 – James Washington (WR – Ok. St.)

RD 2; 53 – Mason Rudolph (QB – Ok. St.)

RD 2; 56 – Sam Hubbard (43DE – O.S.U.)

Rd 3; 95 – Rasheem Green (3DT/DPR – U.S.C.)

RD 5; 157 – Shaquem Griffin (OLB – U.C.F.)

No FA QB – Draft only (50%)

Draft 3

*Trade*

Denver signs QB – Kirk Cousins in FA and trades the 5th pick (1700 pts) to Buffalo for picks 21, 22, 53 in the 2018 draft (1920 pts) and a 2019 4th round pick (higher of the two). Analysis: John Elway does not want to develop a QB, Cousins coming in and the need to reshape the roster in Denver allows the Bronco’s to trade the 5th pick to get a needed infusion of some cost controlled youth on their roster. Denver gets 220+ points or the equivalent of a 3rd round (74th pick) in this trade and a 2019 4th round pick as additional sweeteners. Buffalo gets the 5th pick, Denver gets 2 – 1sts, a 2nd, a 3rd (equivalent/+220 pts draft value) and 2019 4th round picks.

Interesting various scenarios. I just don't see Buffalo signing Cousins while I do see Denver more likely to do so, and then trading the pick. If that is the case then I see us taking Mayfield because I think Rosen and Darnold would be gone. If we get any of the three top rated qbs I would be more than happy. Mayfield may not be the most prototypical qb but I lean toward him. 

On 2/3/2018 at 11:47 AM, Bill from NYC said:

Listen, this post was absolutely outstanding.

Tell me, are you a closet Alabama Fan? :)  I see that you have Payne graded in the top 10.  Imo this was a daring yet accurate projection. After the title game, people now know how athletic he is. He is also lightening fast in close quarters and as strong as an ox. I hope he lasts long enough for the Bills to draft.

All of the mocks love Minkah, but most omit Ronnie Harrison from the 1st round. I have been watching football even before Ronnie Lott and I'm telling you that Harrison hits as hard as any safety has in decades. He can cover, blitz, and is great against the run. Trust me, I loathe drafting 1st round defensive backs as a rule, but RH is going to win football games for his NFL team. Good call!

A quick word about Bama LBs: Coach Saban says that many of the LBs who now excel on the Tide might not have made the team several years ago because they would have been thought of as too small.  This group they have now will leave school pro-ready because they excel at coverage.  I hope that Shaun Dion-Hamilton does last until round 4, even if we had to wait for him to return to 100%.

And,  you properly list Da'Shaun Hand as a DE and he might be a great one. He is huge, and he sure has fresh legs whereas he sat a lot on Bama, but I have a hunch that he would be a standout DT in a 4/3. Just a hunch.

Once again, thanks for a great, well thought post.

Thank you, and I think I might be?? At least when it comes to their prospects for the NFL... Geaux Tigers!!!

Payne unfortunately wont last to the BIlls IMO, if he's not the 1st DT taken in this draft, someone is making a big mistake, 3-Down monster. If he's there at 21 and the Bills are picking I'd like to see a swift immediate walk to the podium myself. He's the biggest mover on my board in the last 2 months. I have the same grade on him as I had on Donald, and I could see it going higher, I agree with you assessment on him 100%, his quickness in a phone booth is special. 

Bama had maybe their best NFL able defense ever this year, the secondary as a whole was special, Minkah and RH should both go in the first, Harrison can be as special as you say, I have about the same grade as I had on Landon Collins coming out and I think Harrison is better in coverage at this point in their respective draft process, I think today he's a better prospect because of that aspect. 

SDH is a guy I went with my advanced notes on and need to go back and evaluate further, you could be right, he'd be a nice get in the 4th from what I have seen of him.

Hand is pure boom or bust, he flashes when I watch others, but blends in at times as well, why did he sit so much? 

Edited by P51
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, P51 said:

Draft 3

*Trade*

Not definitive by any means, but I ran this scenario 5 times on fanspeak using Matt Miller's board. Denver accepted 5/5 times.

5: R1P5  
QB JOSH ROSEN - UCLA (x3)
QB SAM DARNOLD - USC
QB BAKER MAYFIELD - OKLAHOMA

56: R2P24
LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH - BOISE STATE (x2)
C BILLY PRICE - OHIO STATE
G ISAIAH WYNN - GEORGIA
TE MARK ANDREWS - OKLAHOMA

96: R3P32  
DL TIM SETTLE - VIRGINIA TECH (x2)
RB JOSH ADAMS - NOTRE DAME
WR JAMES WASHINGTON - OKLAHOMA STATE
EDGE JOSH SWEAT - FLORIDA STATE

123: R4P21  
WR ANTHONY MILLER - MEMPHIS
EDGE DUKE EJIOFOR - WAKE FOREST
DL JUSTIN JONES - NC STATE (x2)
DL KENDRICK NORTON - MIAMI

160: R5P21  
LB MICAH KISER - VIRGINIA (x2)
LB JACK CICHY - WISCONSIN
WR TRE'QUAN SMITH - CENTRAL FLORIDA
LB SKAI MOORE - SOUTH CAROLINA

168: R5P29  
RB BO SCARBROUGH - ALABAMA
WR DAESEAN HAMILTON - PENN STATE (x2)
LB MICAH KISER - VIRGINIA
WR BRAXTON BERRIOS - MIAMI

On 2/2/2018 at 7:40 PM, JohnC said:

P51, Terrific job! It's obvious that you put in a tremendous amount of work in this endeavor.

Your listing is something I can refer to as the draft process advances. 

While you have trepidations on Lamar Jackson, I don't. Without question he will need more developmental time than the top three qb prospects. It's my belief that he would be worth drafting with one of our current first round picks. Although Rosen may be the most pro ready and appealing I would take Mayfield or Darnold over him. I'm not sure Rosen is a good fit for the town. 

On 2/3/2018 at 7:39 PM, Cripple Creek said:

Really nice work, thanks. One thing it points out are the deeper positions, for example, you have 10 WRs projected as round one or two, DTs go a bit deeper etc.  Appreciate you putting this together.

Thank you guys.

John C - It is time consuming and a lot of work, I do enjoy it and have for a long time. Lamar Jackson is certainly someone I need to put more time in with some fresh eyes, Im going to wait until after the combine at least. Rosen might not be a good fit, but if himself, Mayfield or Rosen fall to the 4th or 5th pick and a reasonable deal can be made should they not get a franchise QB in FA I would jump all over it, Rosen would actually be the last of the 3 I would pick based on his medical history, the town fit?  Maybe not great, but I think he's a guy who speaks his mind, and that I can deal with. What about him do you think would not mesh well with Buffalo? 

Creek - Appreciate you, the wide receiver position this year is a big group, lots of jump ball guys (6'4"+) and bigger physical (6'1"ish guys), not a great year for slot receivers, but the group is very deep, im only about 20 in and IMO they all are draftable, its a deep group. The DT's have some nice well rounded guys at the top, but nice depth in terms of being run or pass game specific. The RB group is really deep again, the QB pool is deep with depth at the top, and  Ilike the CB group into the 4th-5th round. One thing that I found interesting is the TE group, they are all so similar in physical stature and playing style, yet no elite level athletes or dominate blockers, the position has changed and this group exemplifies IMO where the position has evolved to, mismatches based more on size and positioning, than much else. 

18 hours ago, JohnC said:

Interesting various scenarios. I just don't see Buffalo signing Cousins while I do see Denver more likely to do so, and then trading the pick. If that is the case then I see us taking Mayfield because I think Rosen and Darnold would be gone. If we get any of the three top rated qbs I would be more than happy. Mayfield may not be the most prototypical qb but I lean toward him. 

I certainly agree that signing Cousins is least likely and him going to Denver IMO makes a ton of sense in the trade scenerio I have here, I think it makes a ton of sense for both teams and looking at the situation objectively for both teams, I dont think the situation slants towards one team more than the other. Plus my good friend who is a Bronco's die hard approved it! :beer:Personally, I agree with Mayfield who I believe at this point is the #1 QB in the draft, despite my thinking that he is probably #3 on most teams boards. Im really interested to hear how the interview process goes for the 3 of them.

17 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Not definitive by any means, but I ran this scenario 5 times on fanspeak using Matt Miller's board. Denver accepted 5/5 times.

5: R1P5  
QB JOSH ROSEN - UCLA (x3)
QB SAM DARNOLD - USC
QB BAKER MAYFIELD - OKLAHOMA

56: R2P24
LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH - BOISE STATE (x2)
C BILLY PRICE - OHIO STATE
G ISAIAH WYNN - GEORGIA
TE MARK ANDREWS - OKLAHOMA

96: R3P32  
DL TIM SETTLE - VIRGINIA TECH (x2)
RB JOSH ADAMS - NOTRE DAME
WR JAMES WASHINGTON - OKLAHOMA STATE
EDGE JOSH SWEAT - FLORIDA STATE

123: R4P21  
WR ANTHONY MILLER - MEMPHIS
EDGE DUKE EJIOFOR - WAKE FOREST
DL JUSTIN JONES - NC STATE (x2)
DL KENDRICK NORTON - MIAMI

160: R5P21  
LB MICAH KISER - VIRGINIA (x2)
LB JACK CICHY - WISCONSIN
WR TRE'QUAN SMITH - CENTRAL FLORIDA
LB SKAI MOORE - SOUTH CAROLINA

168: R5P29  
RB BO SCARBROUGH - ALABAMA
WR DAESEAN HAMILTON - PENN STATE (x2)
LB MICAH KISER - VIRGINIA
WR BRAXTON BERRIOS - MIAMI

Interesting validation (FWIW) from Fanspeak, I do think its a fair trade for both teams with Denver getting the value worth moving down, while not by any means handcuffing Buffalo's draft, this year or the next. 

5: R1P5  - Any of the 3 QB's.

56: R2P24 - ILB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH - BOISE STATE (Dont think Price or Wynn make it, value would be fantastic though! and Vander Esch is a great pick.)

96: R3P32 - DL TIM SETTLE - VIRGINIA TECH (IMO Washington is long gone by the 3rd round, pass on Adams for me, in the 3rd and Sweat could work, but I was at the WBHS/Oscar Smith high school game he got hurt in and he's never been the same IMO, I was sitting in front of his family with a friend in town for the game and it was bad, why he was in on special teams (Xpt) like that, Ill never know.)

123: R4P21 - EDGE DUKE EJIOFOR - WAKE FOREST 

160: R5P21  - SLB JACK CICHY - WISCONSIN

168: R5P29  - RB BO SCARBROUGH - ALABAMA

This would be a fine draft IMO. 

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:21 PM, P51 said:

Thank you, and I think I might be?? At least when it comes to their prospects for the NFL... Geaux Tigers!!!

Payne unfortunately wont last to the BIlls IMO, if he's not the 1st DT taken in this draft, someone is making a big mistake, 3-Down monster. If he's there at 21 and the Bills are picking I'd like to see a swift immediate walk to the podium myself. He's the biggest mover on my board in the last 2 months. I have the same grade on him as I had on Donald, and I could see it going higher, I agree with you assessment on him 100%, his quickness in a phone booth is special. 

Bama had maybe their best NFL able defense ever this year, the secondary as a whole was special, Minkah and RH should both go in the first, Harrison can be as special as you say, I have about the same grade as I had on Landon Collins coming out and I think Harrison is better in coverage at this point in their respective draft process, I think today he's a better prospect because of that aspect. 

SDH is a guy I went with my advanced notes on and need to go back and evaluate further, you could be right, he'd be a nice get in the 4th from what I have seen of him.

Hand is pure boom or bust, he flashes when I watch others, but blends in at times as well, why did he sit so much? 

Hand sat mainly because of the talent on last season's Crimson Tide defense. You see I respectfully disagree and think that last year's defense was far better than this one. Clemson beat them fair and square. I want to make this clear but the Tide had some tremendous defensive players hurt.

Ryan Anderson once said that Hand was the fastest lineman on the team. He might be but he doesn't get an especially quick start (which is why I see him as a 4/3 DT). Hey, the kid is a monster.  He might have been the top recruit overall, if not he was close.  He does, as you say, appear to be boom or bust.

I look forward to your projections about the next Alabama class. :)

On 2/6/2018 at 9:05 AM, P51 said:

I certainly agree that signing Cousins is least likely and him going to Denver IMO makes a ton of sense in the trade scenerio I have here, I think it makes a ton of sense for both teams and looking at the situation objectively for both teams, I dont think the situation slants towards one team more than the other. Plus my good friend who is a Bronco's die hard approved it! :beer:Personally, I agree with Mayfield who I believe at this point is the #1 QB in the draft, despite my thinking that he is probably #3 on most teams boards. Im really interested to hear how the interview process goes for the 3 of them.

Interesting validation (FWIW) from Fanspeak, I do think its a fair trade for both teams with Denver getting the value worth moving down, while not by any means handcuffing Buffalo's draft, this year or the next. 

5: R1P5  - Any of the 3 QB's.

56: R2P24 - ILB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH - BOISE STATE (Dont think Price or Wynn make it, value would be fantastic though! and Vander Esch is a great pick.)

96: R3P32 - DL TIM SETTLE - VIRGINIA TECH (IMO Washington is long gone by the 3rd round, pass on Adams for me, in the 3rd and Sweat could work, but I was at the WBHS/Oscar Smith high school game he got hurt in and he's never been the same IMO, I was sitting in front of his family with a friend in town for the game and it was bad, why he was in on special teams (Xpt) like that, Ill never know.)

123: R4P21 - EDGE DUKE EJIOFOR - WAKE FOREST 

160: R5P21  - SLB JACK CICHY - WISCONSIN

168: R5P29  - RB BO SCARBROUGH - ALABAMA

This would be a fine draft IMO. 

Nice work OP.

I would be cool with any of the top 3.

Im surprised some boards have Allen ahead of Mayfield.

12 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Where do you see Keane going?

Tyler Keane from Coastal Carolina im guessing? 

I think he's a UDFA position switch to WR/ST, similarly to J. Edelman. 

He has some nice QB skills, but I dont see the translation to the next level, he deep ball range looks like a maxed out 40 yards, he only had one or two tight window throws that I can remember and I dont recall him moving off his primary read and moving through his progressions at all when I watched him, unless he was under duress and he had to move out of the pocket and his eyes were forced to shift focus. Climbs the pocket and has a good feel for pressure moving well around the pocket as well. Accuracy is shaky. 

I havent see a lot of him, but I think his athletic testing will be vital for him to get any real shot at the league as a WR/ST player. 

12 hours ago, P51 said:

Tyler Keane from Coastal Carolina im guessing? 

I think he's a UDFA position switch to WR/ST, similarly to J. Edelman. 

He has some nice QB skills, but I dont see the translation to the next level, he deep ball range looks like a maxed out 40 yards, he only had one or two tight window throws that I can remember and I dont recall him moving off his primary read and moving through his progressions at all when I watched him, unless he was under duress and he had to move out of the pocket and his eyes were forced to shift focus. Climbs the pocket and has a good feel for pressure moving well around the pocket as well. Accuracy is shaky. 

I havent see a lot of him, but I think his athletic testing will be vital for him to get any real shot at the league as a WR/ST player. 

Thanks.  I think he is intriguing as he is a lefty and we did trade up for a right tackle last year.  Two step plan all along?  He has battled injuries and could fly under the radar.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Pete said:

No Nick Chubb, Hercules Mata'afa or Anthony Miller in top 50?

This was from 2 months ago, but I’m updating it now, offense is updated, working on D and am on offball and mikes now with DBs still to go. I was hoping to put it out today, but looks like next week.

Im still not top 50 on Chubb or Bad Mata’afa, but Miller maybe close, I’m doing positional rankings now, big board after, should have a top 100 next time.

7 minutes ago, P51 said:

This was from 2 months ago, but I’m updating it now, offense is updated, working on D and am on offball and mikes now with DBs still to go. I was hoping to put it out today, but looks like next week.

Im still not top 50 on Chubb or Bad Mata’afa, but Miller maybe close, I’m doing positional rankings now, big board after, should have a top 100 next time.

Looking forward to it my friend!

There are a few players that I've shifted gears on massively since January--I'll be very intrigued to see where you fall in your re-evaluation of those dudes.

6 minutes ago, P51 said:

2 of Chubb, Mata'afa and Miller at 53 and 56 would be larceny IMO.  I would be pumped if we could land 2 of them in round 2!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.