I solved the Bills QB problem and it was easy

Batman1876

No trading up....the Bills have way to many holes to fill.  Yes, draft a QB....but, top draft status is not a guarantee of success in the NFL.  Lots of later choices fit the franchise label.  but, draft one every year unitl you hit.  Could have had Mahones.....Chiefs decided to it instead of Bills....ok, that bet is set.  Gruden, of course, said that Mahones was the next Brett Farve.

2 hours ago, 1st&ten said:

Sorry to say, but for us old farts who could care less about Madden this seems stupid. I wish all Madden posters would put Madden in the title of their post so I won't waste my time looking at it.

I stopped after the first 3 sentences. I then gave it a second shot and scrolled to middle of paragraph 2. After wasting 11 seconds of my life the determination was in- total poop post.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Batman1876 said:

So we are in the off season now (a Patriots Super Bowl doesn't count) ........ I went to the go to source of information for smart fans... Madden NFL 18. Its on sale this week so I downloaded it, auto skipped to the off season and solved our problem. .......So I called up the Browns and worked out a trade, The Bills two first round picks and Preston Brown, the Browns love that guy, for the #1 overall pick as well as the Browns 33rd pick and a 4th rounder (125 or so). with that done I decided not to go after Cousins.  I drafted my QB first overall

:doh:

Marvelous, we'll put you in charge of ensuring the Browns are willing to deal the top pick in the draft for way less than the Eagles gave them to trade up from #8 to #2.  I'm sure the Browns will be glad to know what Madden tells them they ought to do.

For reference, to go from #8 to #2 the Eagles gave the Browns:

2016 Round 1 Pick #8
2016 3rd round

2016 4th round
Eagles First-round pick in '17
Eagles Second-round pick in '18

The Eagles received:

2016 Round 1 Pick #2

conditional 5th round pick in 2017

All that was to move up 6 slots.  Can you see how out of whack Madden is?

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

4 hours ago, Batman1876 said:

So we are in the off season now (a Patriots Super Bowl doesn't count) and Bills fan are once again trying to figure out who our QB will be. The usual contenders are all there, a starter looking for a new home, a bunch of backups who other teams aren't keen on keeping but some fans are convinced can be the guy, a bunch of early round rookies and the ever popular late round sleeper sure to be the next Brady. Everyone has their choice of what they want to happen and the tough part is we wont know for a while what the Bills will do and we will have to wait even longer to see if it will work out. I wanted to figure out how to solve it so I went to the go to source of information for smart fans... Madden NFL 18. Its on sale this week so I downloaded it, auto skipped to the off season and solved our problem. 

I started by resetting the rookie class until there was a bunch of guys projected to go in the first round (just like this year) of the draft and thoroughly scouted them all. There was a few guys who were good choices but I really liked one who was slated to go in the top few picks, he would be long gone by the time my picks came around.  So I called up the Browns and worked out a trade, The Bills two first round picks and Preston Brown, the Browns love that guy, for the #1 overall pick as well as the Browns 33rd pick and a 4th rounder (125 or so). with that done I decided not to go after Cousins.  I drafted my QB first overall and then grabbed a bunch of other guys to fill holes. My pick ended up being a solid 84 overall, the best player in the draft, and was a superstar in terms of skills development.  That made him the same overall as cousins but he was a faster developer as well as cheaper and younger. In the end I was able to get the best young signal caller in the league without having to give up my draft to do it. Cousins ended up signing a 4 year 80 million$ contract so that would have been an OK option had the trade not worked out. 

So there you have it, The bills should trade to the top of the draft, pick the guy their scouts say is best and we will be the AFC East leader for years to come because, cherry on top, Brady retired! I hope this ends all debate on the QB topic.

Preston Brown is a free agent so we can't trade him because he doesn't play for us.  Also, he stinks and nobody would want him in a trade.  Nice try but this is nonsense

Just now, kdiggz said:

Preston Brown is a free agent so we can't trade him because he doesn't play for us.  Also, he stinks and nobody would want him in a trade.  Nice try but this is nonsense

It’s the Browns....maybe they won’t notice? 

38 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Thank you for your service.

Can you now focus on the national debt? :unsure:

Asking for a friend.

As soon as Sim City goes on sale I’ll get to work. 

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

:doh:

Marvelous, we'll put you in charge of ensuring the Browns are willing to deal the top pick in the draft for way less than the Eagles gave them to trade up from #8 to #2.  I'm sure the Browns will be glad to know what Madden tells them they ought to do.

For reference, to go from #8 to #2 the Eagles gave the Browns:

2016 Round 1 Pick #8
2016 3rd round

2016 4th round
Eagles First-round pick in '17
Eagles Second-round pick in '18

The Eagles received:

2016 Round 1 Pick #2

conditional 5th round pick in 2017

All that was to move up 6 slots.  Can you see how out of whack Madden is?

Don’t you mean how out of whack the Eagles GM is. 

5 hours ago, Batman1876 said:

So we are in the off season now (a Patriots Super Bowl doesn't count) and Bills fan are once again trying to figure out who our QB will be. The usual contenders are all there, a starter looking for a new home, a bunch of backups who other teams aren't keen on keeping but some fans are convinced can be the guy, a bunch of early round rookies and the ever popular late round sleeper sure to be the next Brady. Everyone has their choice of what they want to happen and the tough part is we wont know for a while what the Bills will do and we will have to wait even longer to see if it will work out. I wanted to figure out how to solve it so I went to the go to source of information for smart fans... Madden NFL 18. Its on sale this week so I downloaded it, auto skipped to the off season and solved our problem. 

I started by resetting the rookie class until there was a bunch of guys projected to go in the first round (just like this year) of the draft and thoroughly scouted them all. There was a few guys who were good choices but I really liked one who was slated to go in the top few picks, he would be long gone by the time my picks came around.  So I called up the Browns and worked out a trade, The Bills two first round picks and Preston Brown, the Browns love that guy, for the #1 overall pick as well as the Browns 33rd pick and a 4th rounder (125 or so). with that done I decided not to go after Cousins.  I drafted my QB first overall and then grabbed a bunch of other guys to fill holes. My pick ended up being a solid 84 overall, the best player in the draft, and was a superstar in terms of skills development.  That made him the same overall as cousins but he was a faster developer as well as cheaper and younger. In the end I was able to get the best young signal caller in the league without having to give up my draft to do it. Cousins ended up signing a 4 year 80 million$ contract so that would have been an OK option had the trade not worked out. 

So there you have it, The bills should trade to the top of the draft, pick the guy their scouts say is best and we will be the AFC East leader for years to come because, cherry on top, Brady retired! I hope this ends all debate on the QB topic.

I really like the Madden refrences in here. Good sht OP.

Lets trade up to overall pick #3 to #6 and draft Mayfield.

He also has the 'clutch' ability on top of superstar development. Him and Rosen def have the highest awareness in the draft for QBs

19 hours ago, transient said:

I don't like it.  Go back and see if you can get them to give us the first overall pick for Vlad Ducasse.  Throw in a practice squad player to sweeten the pot if they really push you.  Call the GM a pancake eating MF'er if you have to.

You're dreaming. They're going to want Taiwan Jones thrown in.

when evaluating trade up options, you need to use a chart like the Jimmy Johnson one. 

21 and 22 don't get you even close to #1,   Preston's contract status and weaknesses arent enough to fill the gap. 

Plus you're making the huge assumption we know who is worthy of the first pick.   If there was a Luck type guy I'd be all for it, but there isn't.