Nick Mangold

Buffalo03

He was on GMFB this morning and he currently isn't on a team and it got me thinking, since Eric Wood's career is over with, why not bring in Mangold to be a bridge center for a couple years? I get he is older but he was also one of the top centers in the NFL for pretty much his entire career

I think the “bridge________” should become an official NFL position designation and rosters expanded to 75 to accommodate the influx of players. Every position, from bridge QB to bridge longsnapper, would be bolstered by new depth until “franchise” players are found at the various positions.

• Haha (+1) 2

I loved Mangold when he came out of college (I think the Bills traded back into the first round to take John McCargo with Mangold still available) but I think that ship has sailed.  The Bills need to draft a young center, even with one of their first rounders if there's a really good one available.  Groy and a Day 1 or Day 2 rookie > Groy and Mangold for 2018 ... and hopefully for the future.

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

He was on GMFB this morning and he currently isn't on a team and it got me thinking, since Eric Wood's career is over with, why not bring in Mangold to be a bridge center for a couple years? I get he is older but he was also one of the top centers in the NFL for pretty much his entire career

I wouldn't hate it if he's healthy. The age doesn't bother me. Center is one of those positions where guys can play for awhile.