Which non QB do you want to draft most?

NewEra

Qb is our biggest need, we know that.  Other than one of the QBs, which positional player do you salivate about (that we can realistically draft without trading up)?

I’ve come to the conclusion that the best defensive player for us in this draft is Tremaine Edmunds. 6’5 250 with good speed and coverage ability for a big LB.  Solid vs the run, where does he fit best?  I would assume based on his size that SLB is the fit, but Have seen many say he’s and ideal MLB.  I’ve read lots of camparisions to a Urlacher (although Edmunds is biggger). I could see him going top 12 but I. Praying he slides to us.  Only downside to him is his dad, Ferrel.  I hated that fish

Edited by NewEra

23 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Edmunds is more like 235, but he could probably get to 250.

I like Roquon Smith, but I doubt he makes it to 21. Realistically, I like Rashaad Penny.

Was eager for your take on Edmunds.  Can he play MLB, if not, what’s his best fit?  Is he VERY good in coverage or just ok? Sorry to bombard you, but who better to ask than you? 

Yeah prefer Roquon as well, but there’s close to zero chance he’s still there. I highly doubt Edmunds makes it either, but I’m hoping,

I fully expect us to select Mason Rudolph and Maurice Hurst if we stay at 21 and 22.  Hope we can trade down with one of those picks if that’s the scenario. 

If I could have anyone else in this draft regardless of draft position, it would probably be Roquon; I just think he's perfect for a McDermott defense.

In terms of someone that I think Buffalo actually has a shot at and will be a very good player, I'd probably go with Vita Vea or Ronald Jones.

I'd also love to see a guy like Jaylen Samuels just out of the curiosity of seeing how he's used in the NFL; likewise with Hercules Mata'afa.

I think he's more OLB than MLB. He needs to fill out his frame a bit, but on an NFL training regimen that shouldn't be an issue. Tremaine was good in coverage on RBs and TEs, but he didn't see much NFL talent at either of those positions. I wouldn't say very good, but he was better than okay for sure. If the Bills were to draft him, I would expect him to take Alexander's position last year and probably do it better. That'd free up Alexander to play rotational end, which is nice. He's going to crush the Combine, by the way.

TLDR: He's a first round talent, but I think he's more luxury that necessity for our team.

I would love to get Saquon Barkley or Bradley Chubb.  But realistically if they don't trade up, then I want to see an OG like Quenton Nelson, or a pass rusher like Marcus Davenport.  I hope they get a QB in the first round though.  I would even take Mason Rudolph.

5 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Inexcusable that I forgot Phillips, I think he's likely to be one of our picks. 

You certainly have an excuse. You were simply engrossed with the ND roster. 

He would certainly fit the mold for the type of player that McBeane want to fill the roster with. Good football player, a good work ethic and high character. With the other first round pick I wouldn't mind selecting either Rudolph or Lamar Jackson. If option A isn't available then go with option B. 

Edited by JohnC

Just now, JohnC said:

He would certainly fit the mold for the type of player that McBeane want to fill the roster with. Good football player, a good work ethic and high character. With the other first round pick I wouldn't mind selecting either Rudolph or Lamar Jackson. If option A isn't available then go with option B. 

I like Jackson better than Rudolph, but I wouldn't be psyched for either one. 

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

I like Jackson better than Rudolph, but I wouldn't be psyched for either one. 

Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good! You either get it done or you don't. This is the year to make a serious attempt of getting a high end qb on board. If it doesn't work out then try again. Passivity on the qb issue is not acceptable. And there still needs to be some action on the free agent market. The qb issue needs to be addressed, pronto!