Jeopardy Contestants Football Failure

I never watch Jeopardy but randomly had it on last night and saw this. It was the only set of questions I knew ...and after watching these 3 contestsants throughout it was not surprising they had no idea about Football. They were very intense about the other categories though. The shade Trebek threw at them was hilarious. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Yeah I saw one last year with a nascar category that nobody got. They literally showed a pic of a stock car with the Chevy bowtie on the grille and asked what the maker was.... With no response.

Hilarious.

I think this is the proper application of the term "book smart". They can tell you the atomic construction of cfc's or name venus' third moon, but you ask about sports and it's crickets all around. I'm convinced they put those categories in there to make "average joes" feel good.

I watch often.  I actually got angry, which is an irrational response, I suppose.  But what do you expect?  The young fella is like a white Urkel and the other guy a bow-tie wearing English teacher who apparently never heard of Jack Kerouac.  Chauvanism, perhaps, but I didn't hold it against the gal for knowing nothing about football.

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The shade Trebek threw at them was hilarious. 

Agreed.  He's the best.