LeSean McCoy for The Player’s Tribune: The Culture has shifted in Buffalo

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Someone posted that video of him throwing his helmet against the locker room wall after walking off the field in Jax. I thought of that when I read this piece. He thought they could and would win and was pissed. Rightfully so.

That was after a 2015 game when they lost to Bradford and the Eagles in Philly. And he ran off just as the clock ran out or just before. Mad as hell.

A game Bradford won with his feet. 23-20. I know crazy. Memes are very fake news to steal an overused term.

Edited by cba fan

1 minute ago, cba fan said:

That was after a 2015 game when they lost to Bradford and the Eagles in Philly. And he ran off just as the clock ran out or just before. Mad as hell.

A game Bradford won with his feet. I know crazy. 

I hated that game. Bradford had a good one

• Like (+1) 1

this should be sent to Jeremy-Howard- Bulldog and Schopp.

When you have never been involved with athletics you don't get it and you never will. So quit trying to convince everyone you get what a culture around a team is. You have zero experience to draw from. When is the last time any of you were near a successful team at ANY level? Exactly

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Lots of love for McCoy. He clearly wants to win. I’ve never questioned his desire, just the idea of building around a 30 year old RB. 

Hoping he’s still got enough in the tank, the guy is a special talent no doubt.

I don’t get the impression that the new regime is building around him at this point in his career. They certainly featured him last year because it made sense given the personnel and QB. And will continue to feature him on Sundays as long as he is healthy and performs. But as far as building the team around him... It appears they want to build around their new QB, whoever that may be...

Edited by YoloinOhio

We all know that in Shady's first year, he wasn't thrilled to be here...but it's hard to blame the guy for that. First, the guy is probably going to be a Hall-of-Famer and yet, basically his hometown team that he played his heart out for said we don't want you anymore and traded him to a team he knew nothing about who was in a small market and in the midst of a 17-year playoff drought. Tough not to be upset about that.

Year two, he came in with a whole new attitude, well-prepared and embracing the team and the City. That was great to see.

But the moment I keep going back to is his OT walk-off touchdown in the snow game against the Colts. We've all seen tons of guys do the Lambeau leap and/or interact with fans when they score a TD. But, right after Shady scored that TD, he was all alone and he kind of just stopped and waved to the fans with a big smile on his face. Almost like he wanted to go over and celebrate with them, but something was still holding him back. Then a few moments later, his teammates mauled him, pushing him to the wall and the fans, where everyone as a whole, players and fans, had that amazing celebration with snow flying like confetti. It always felt like Shady kept a little bit of distance between himself and the fans, maybe that's just his personality, maybe because its just tough to be that famous...but in that moment I felt like he was finally able to let his guard down and just be one with Buffalo. And truly embrace this fanbase. He will always love Philly I'm sure, but he is now 100% a Buffalo Bill! And we are lucky to get to watch another HOF RB play for our team.

Love me some LeSean McCoy! Keep it crankin' Shady and we'll all get a playoff win next year!

It will be devastating if shady doesn't retire a bill...

over 30% of our offense? He is our offense, and we have a bonafide stud who is a legit HoF

Doesnt mean we can't invest in a backup... but I would Run Shady till he retires... they don't make um like him 

2 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

What does/has Shady shot his mouth off a bit too much about? 

Have you been paying any attention at all??

His pointed comments about Philly and Kelly.

His girls only party.

His curb stomping cops night out.

His comments prior to first game against Eagles as a Bill. 

Comments about his baby momma.

+ others. Not a good look for anyone.

He has since calmed down considerably or was counseled by his agent or someone who he respects their opinion. 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

that's a pathetic wannabee straw man to suggest people wanted him cut or traded.

I says pardon? Are you telling me I haven't read 15 or more posts of people suggesting replacing MCCoy for someone with a lower cap hit and that RB's are a dime a dozen? Well, then I guess I must have imagined it. Pathetic, stupid me. 

Great call internet tough guy! 

11 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Have you been paying any attention at all??

His pointed comments about Philly and Kelly.

His girls only party.

His curb stomping cops night out.

His comments prior to first game against Eagles as a Bill. 

Comments about his baby momma.

+ others. Not a good look for anyone.

He has since calmed down considerably or was counseled by his agent or someone who he respects their opinion. 

- his pointed comments about Philly and Kelly where he said Kelly belonged in college ball and hinted he might be racist? OK....hes a human and allowed to have that view point, it didnt distract him or our team. I dont see this as spouting off his mouth at all

- I would personally prefer a girls only party, that makes him a boss..still not seeing this as spouting off

- He was involved in an incident with an off duty police officer at a night club, was cleared of any wrong doing...where is he spouting off about that?

- who wouldnt be amped up to play the only other team who he ever played for and traded him?

- who cares about his off field life? Based on his insta/snap he seems like a loving father and great role model for his kid 

some of you guys a trip man....acting like Shady was some giant distraction when he was here. Yes he was pissed he got traded here, who wouldnt be? Since arriving in town he has done nothing but be a great team mate and embraced this community. 

Some Bills fans dont deserve Shady

Sammy watkins saying he needs the ball more was 100 percent more distracting to the team than everything Shady has done or said since being a Bill

Edited by PaattMaann
  • Like (+1) 3