Yet another QB Poll. Simple I hope

MTBill

Yet another QB poll - simple question.  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want to be starting for the Bills Week 1?

• Tyrod Taylor
    • Nate Peterman
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Other Veteran FA/Trade (To be determined)
    • Rookie

Of the list I’ll say Rookie followed by Peterman then cousins.  If a rookie starts, we most likely hit a home run with the pick. If Peterman starts than he is cheap, under contract for 3 years and better than the other guy we acquired (because we’re acquiring someone).  Cousins gets my plan c vote because he doesn’t suck....but I really don’t wanna pay him 25+ mill per year.  I just don’t think he’s that guy.  Tyrod has a better record than him.

This is pretty much what I expected.  Despite all the posts about TT this and NP that, people really don't want either of them to start...  I am in the court of Vet FA/Trade.  I think there are going to be options out there.  I do not expect Cousins to be in Buffalo, not enough cap room for his desires - and he is going to be overpriced with all the bidders for his services.  I think there will be other FA options available who will be better than what we have - and further the "Process".

If they don't land a FA/Trade, I expect we'll see NP start with a rookie in the wings.  It isn't what I'd want, but sort of what I'd expect.

I'd rather it be a highly drafted rookie that we decided to take our bumps & bruises with.

If not, then some veteran FA with upside (preferably from the Vikings).

Dead last choice would be Tyrod. I'd rather see if Peterman improved in the offseason over seeing Tyrod do exactly what he's always done.

I would like to see Peterman, McCarron and a 1st rd QB fight it out in TC and Pre Season. I am 100% certain that Taylor will never win this team a playoff game. 

If we could somehow get Luck and his shoulder is 100% healed I would be all in on that move as my 1st option. I can definitely see him being traded, it will take the Colts at least 3 years to fix the talent on that roster. 

I can honestly say with a healthy Luck, a solid FA and a good draft that we would be going to the playoffs in back to back years.

Man........ people really hate Peterman in here. If Peterman doesn't win us that Colts blizzard game their are no playoffs. 

Taylor is fully responsible for the Jags game, he basically did nothing in 4 Qtr's like I expected. At least I gave Taylor a year and a half before I started dumping on him. 

Peterman will have his shot to play well in TC and Pre Season. You never know how fast a QB will develop. You start building arm strength from the feet up, Gannon and Pennington are examples of QB's with weak arms that improved dramatically.

9 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Man........ people really hate Peterman in here. If Peterman doesn't win us that Colts blizzard game their are no playoffs

Taylor is fully responsible for the Jags game, he basically did nothing in 4 Qtr's like I expected. At least I gave Taylor a year and a half before I started dumping on him. 

Peterman will have his shot to play well in TC and Pre Season. You never know how fast a QB will develop. You start building arm strength from the feet up, Gannon and Pennington are examples of QB's with weak arms that improved dramatically.

Did Peterman win that game?    Wasn't it Joe Webb and his spider package that came to the rescue?

FA options would be who comes out of Minnesota and see if Luck is available for trade.  Can't get either I move up for a starting Qb.  As time is going on I have it as Rosen,  Allen, Mayfield, Darnold, and Jackson.  I would be ok with any of those guys.  if the only Qbs brought in are backups, than I want Rosen or Mayfield and Jackson.  I think Allen has the best upside followed by Darnold but wouldnt want to go 100% with either day 1.  They very well could earn it day 1 but I wouldn't feel as confident as the other 3 without being pushed or battling for the spot.  Jackson is so athletic he may win rookie of the year but still not have a better career than any of the other guys. I know I have Jackson 5th and its confusing that Im more confidant with him over 2 guys I rank above him but for me his running ability is going to give teams immense problems the first time they see him.  Im not sure how he will adjust when he has to win in the pocket and he will at some point end of year 1 and year 2 prove he can that is why I have him 5th.  

Edited by Mat68