Andrew Luck to Bills speculation/chatter

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

They may have Luck, the #3 pick and lots of cap space, but I wouldn't call them a team on the rise just yet until you see what they do with the pick and cap space, and who the new coach will be.

I think Ballard is the real deal. The new coach is set up for success (if Luck is healthy). Even if he’s not, pick a QB at 3.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s crazy but he’s had success in the past unlike a guy like Hassan. This is an organization that has had a ton of wins and playoff berths when their QB was healthy between 1999-present. It’s not a losing culture that needs risen from the ashes. Imo

And one championship with one of the greatest QBs of all time (and now another franchise QB that fell into their lap) because they havent rwalised you need to build a team around the qb and cabt just rely on a franchise qb to carry the entire franchise....

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

They may have Luck, the #3 pick and lots of cap space, but I wouldn't call them a team on the rise just yet until you see what they do with the pick and cap space, and who the new coach will be.

The biggest question mark is really about Luck. I think where there's smoke there's fire wrt his shoulder. Even if he is medically cleared, I can't imagine he'll be NFL-ready right away. He hasn't been throwing (or lifting for that matter) in many months. Huge issue.  I even wonder what his value is to other teams at the moment. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think Ballard is the real deal. The new coach is set up for success (if Luck is healthy). Even if he’s not, pick a QB at 3.

I say if they are smart, evem if Luck is healthy, with the #3 pick take one of thw QBs and rebuild now or let them sit behind Luck for a year or 2. That team is still a ways away from being SB contenders even with Luck, so why waste some of his prime years when teams will fight each other to obtain Luck and give you more asserts to speed up a rebuild. If these QBs in the draft this year are as good as everyone says, the Giants should also draft one and let him sit if he can't beat out Eli this year so they have another franchise QB in line to take over soon.

Andrew Luck is done as a productive NFL qb. There are way too many stories floating around about him possibly needing more surgery. The man has not picked up a football in 2 yrs and i wouldnt trade any of our oicks for this guy.

Well maybe a 5th this year and a second rounder next year based upon his ability to play in 2018.

A couple really hard hits and with his injury, iy could be career ending, if its not already!

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

And one championship with one of the greatest QBs of all time (and now another franchise QB that fell into their lap) because they havent rwalised you need to build a team around the qb and cabt just rely on a franchise qb to carry the entire franchise....

Agreed he made a poor hire in Grigson. I think Ballard is the right guy to build with.

37 minutes ago, jtothebrown said:

Andrew Luck is done as a productive NFL qb. There are way too many stories floating around about him possibly needing more surgery. The man has not picked up a football in 2 yrs and i wouldnt trade any of our oicks for this guy.

Well maybe a 5th this year and a second rounder next year based upon his ability to play in 2018.

A couple really hard hits and with his injury, iy could be career ending, if its not already!

He threw for 321 yards 13 months ago while playing with this injury (January 1, 2017).  I suspect he will be fine. This is not normally a career-ending injury.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...