Forget Kirk Cousins

Watkins90

6 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

tyrod and a 3rd that's who.

The problem is the team knows what they have with Foles, in their system, in their locker room and on their field.  ANY other option doesn't give them that kind of certainty, or as much as you can ever get in the NFL.  I don't see them dealing him until late in the season, if at all.  Certainly not in this off season.

well i'd guess since i'm not as good at copying and pasting stuff, i will just say that i believe his 27-2 season holds or is tied with some kind of record. i also believe his playoff success shares some kind of record. i believe he has a single game performance that shares a long standing record( the 7td one) and i also believe he holds at least one eagles team record.

i also see a qb who can deliver several 300 yd. games per season...something we have not seen for a few years(in reg.),

and lastly i see someone who could come here and get us to the playoffs and division contention for the next few years...

and he won't break our cap. 45 yrs. of watching this team...my pov

i'm wondering how you can call a qb who is leading his team into the sb...an inconsistent mediocre back up?

9 minutes ago, CritMark said:

The problem is the team knows what they have with Foles, in their system, in their locker room and on their field.  ANY other option doesn't give them that kind of certainty, or as much as you can ever get in the NFL.  I don't see them dealing him until late in the season, if at all.  Certainly not in this off season.

do you think for what he's getting paid...and let's say he wins the sb....that he does not deserve to be able to possibly double his salary and have a chance to start for another team?  would the eagles pay 2 guys starting money?

25 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

We're assessing Foles in the thread for what he brings to the table which completely independent from Tyrod.   What makes Foles worth giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick based on what you know of him from your own POV? Tell his strengths that makes you believe he's good.  Standing by. 

Its TBD law; any scruitinizing of potential QB options must be met with accusations of said “scrutinizer” wishing to be Tyrods eternal life partner- because what else could it be? ?

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

6 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

well i'd guess since i'm not as good at copying and pasting stuff, i will just say that i believe his 27-2 season holds or is tied with some kind of record. i also believe his playoff success shares some kind of record. i believe he has a single game performance that shares a long standing record( the 7td one) and i also believe he holds at least one eagles team record.

i also see a qb who can deliver several 300 yd. games per season...something we have not seen for a few years(in reg.),

and lastly i see someone who could come here and get us to the playoffs and division contention for the next few years...

i'm wondering how you can call a qb who is leading his team into the sb...an inconsistent mediocre back up?

do you think for what he's getting paid...and let's say he wins the sb....that he does not deserve to be able to possibly double his salary and have a chance to start for another team?  would the eagles pay 2 guys starting money?

Not to sound harsh but what does fair have to do with it?  He is under contract and just because he may deserve a chance does not obligate the team to trade him.  As for paying two guys starting money, they aren't.  Wentz cap for 2018 = $7,275,365 and Foles = $7,600,000.  Tell me what team would not jump at the chance to pay these two guys a combined $15MM?

The Eagles problem is if Foles is still on the team in Feb 2019, he becomes a free agent by contract.  They will be forced to deal him at some time, just not for most or all of 2018.

45 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

:lol: This isn't a breakdown of any strengths or weaknesses that he has such as his ability to throw with timing, anticipation, and accuracy. How is he under pressure, what offense is best to suit his skill set, does he manipulate coverage, etc.  The reason why you offered none of this is because you don't know. You instead offered what his TD/INT ration was many years ago and what he did in a single game along with other stats that anyone could look up that don't reveal anything.  

1 hour ago, CritMark said:

...good call.......length and prognosis for Wentz recovery are huge questions with no answers yet...............

2 hours ago, wagon127 said:

I get it, he is in the superbowl. But he has started in 5 games this year, he really was only impressive in the Vikings game. He put up good numbers against the Giants, but then again, so did a lot of people. The other 3 games left a lot to be desired.

Honestly, I disagree with this.  Did you see the Falcons game?  He played great.  If the Bills got that level of play from their QB we might still be in it (or at least have made it past Jville).  The game vs. the raiders would actually appear to be the anomaly (but he didn't have to do much that game anyways).  He played one quarter vs. the cowboys

I wouldn't be angry if they got Foles regardless of how he does in the Superbowl, assuming the price is right.  I'm willing to write off St. Louis with Fisher. You saw how Goff appeared post Fisher!

3 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

Let's go get us the Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles (or at least that is my prediction.) 

He was really good in Philly under Kelly, and if Fisher hadn't ruined the kid, he probably would have been a Super Star. I would def take a chance on him. Trade Philly like a second round or third round pick after the Super Bowl and see how the kid competes in training camp. 

Stop.

4 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

Let's go get us the Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles (or at least that is my prediction.) 

He was really good in Philly under Kelly, and if Fisher hadn't ruined the kid, he probably would have been a Super Star. I would def take a chance on him. Trade Philly like a second round or third round pick after the Super Bowl and see how the kid competes in training camp. 

If the Iggles are smart (and they've shown themselves to be recently), they will hang on to Foles at least until they know that Wentz is 100% back from his ACL - at least through training camp and preseason.  Odds are very good that some contender's starting QB will get injured (or their rookie will prove not quite ready to play) and they will be offered a sweet deal just before the season, as they were for Bradford.

It is possible that hurrying back from what can be a 12 month recovery, contributed to Bradford's second ACL and lost season.

In the end it doesn't matter how I feel because the Bills are gonna do what they want. Will it make you feel better if people quit advocating for Kirk?

I'll take any QB if it means I won't see the offense tripping over itself all season.

Edited by Lfod

On 2/1/2018 at 1:33 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

I would not sacrifice any draft capital for an inconsistent mediocre bridge QB.

How do we know he is mediocre. He thrived in Philly and was then ruined by Jeff Fisher. He went to KC as a backup for a year, and learning from Andy Reed has seemed to resurrect his career. It took him a little bit to get going when Carson went down, but that is too be expected when you aren't really getting reps in practice. If Carson Wentz wasn't some MVP candidate player who was super young and showed a lot of promise, he probably wouldn't be getting his job back if Foles wins tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

How do we know he is mediocre. He thrived in Philly and was then ruined by Jeff Fisher. He went to KC as a backup for a year, and learning from Andy Reed has seemed to resurrect his career. It took him a little bit to get going when Carson went down, but that is too be expected when you aren't really getting reps in practice. If Carson Wentz wasn't some MVP candidate player who was super young and showed a lot of promise, he probably wouldn't be getting his job back if Foles wins tomorrow. 

...thought I read that he was seriously contemplating retirement at one point......so maybe he is satisfied with his career being resurrected in Philly with Pederson & Reich.......due to make $7.6 mil in 2018 and perhaps that suits him fine......Philly would be crazy to let him go since Wentz injury was ACL/LCL and who knows the timetable for 100% status....

On 2/1/2018 at 11:44 AM, billspro said:

If he outplays Brady on the biggest stage I would be on board. That is what you look for is a guy that can win a championship game.

Exactly.  If he wins tomorrow there will be a whole lot of people whistling a different tune. And it will probably take a lot more than a 2nd to get him. I'm not implying he's some top 10 qb but he's better than whatever will be leftover from these FA's. TT will be jettisoned.  Cousins and Smith gone. Bradford, Bridgewater, McCarron, Kapernick?

55 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

I know from watching him play and that includes this season save the last game against Minnesota.