In-Depth Breakdown of Lamar Jackson by Eliot Crist

DCOrange

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think he should get a chance too.  But, I think this should also speak volumes to the people who think he is a 1st Round Prospect at quarterback. 

He is irrespective of your dissenting opinion. 

22 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He is irrespective of your dissenting opinion. 

Technically we wont know if he is or isnt a 1st round pick until April 26th.  You dont know and I dont know, just different opinions.  But I think working someone out at a position they have never played, in favor of a position they have played their entire career says a lot about how a team views that player.

I dont imagine teams will be working out Minkah Fitzaptrick at quaterback just to get a feel, but again just my opinion. 

I want him at 21...or Rosen in a trade up.....I would be absolutely be ok playing Tyrod for another year while Lamar learns the NFL.....this guy (imo) is Michael Vick in a bigger frame and more accurate. Vick went number 1. I know the NFL is different today but my god this talent is hard to overlook. The whole WR stuff is nonsense.

https://mobile.twitter.com/QBKlass/status/906775200649195520/photo/1

this is a perfect example of how Lamar is nothing like Tyrod....10 out of 10 times tyrod swings it to the rb....lamar takes the strike over the middle

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/1/2018 at 1:49 PM, Spiderweb said:

OMG... Avoid this possibility at all costs. After watching him the past two years ( I live in the Louisville area) we would be making yet another big mistake. He'll bring some running ability but he's slower than Taylor. Has a published college time of 4.78. He's not like Taylor in one area though, he has no problem turning the ball over. Tebow / Andre Ware II.

As a Jr. Taylor threw 13 TD and 5 INT, which is a 2.6 ratio. 

As a Jr. Jackson threw 27 TD and 10 INT, which is almost the same 2.7 ratio, except that Jackson threw more than twice as many TD and had 60% more passing yards.

Comparing Jackson to Taylor as a Sr. Taylor improved his TD/INT and threw 24 TD, closer to Jackson, while keeping his INT low.  Jackson still had 33% more passing yards.

College 40 time published from Louisville as 4.34 last year.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2017/03/09/lamar-jackson-runs-40-yard-dash/98930194/

Andre Ware was not at all the same type of QB.  He had negative rushing yards as a college QB and more "air raid" type passing yardage.  Tim Tebow also played in an offense well known as a 'run option' with half field reads, even I know  that.

I wouldn't want to dispute what you see, but the facts and comparisons you attach to it seem to be off which does make one question.

23 minutes ago, zevo said:

I want him at 21...or Rosen in a trade up.....I would be absolutely be ok playing Tyrod for another year while Lamar learns the NFL.....this guy (imo) is Michael Vick in a bigger frame and more accurate. Vick went number 1. I know the NFL is different today but my god this talent is hard to overlook. The whole WR stuff is nonsense.

https://mobile.twitter.com/QBKlass/status/906775200649195520/photo/1

this is a perfect example of how Lamar is nothing like Tyrod....10 out of 10 times tyrod swings it to the rb....lamar takes the strike over the middle

YES!  This is exactly the kind of throw that makes me agree with you.  Lamar knows perfectly well he could run right there.  Instead he steps up into the running lane, uses it as a passing lane, and leads the guy on the crossing route so that he gets the YAC and moves the chains.  I have seen Tyrod make good throws, but I can't ever remember Tyrod stepping up into that lane and making that throw.

Like Jackson, don't like Jackson...but he is NOT the same QB as Taylor, except that he's black and can run.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So there you have it.

All Jackson needs is 1 team to draft him and give him a chance as a QB.  So since he says he can't catch, and since his dream is evidently to play QB, he should remember this when teams ask him to work out as a WR:  "No" is a complete sentence.

People wanted Tyrod to be a receiver too. Maybe the bills should draft both Lamar Jackson, and another QB in the first round. Two chances to see which one is a franchise QB, and if Jackson isn't good enough to be our guy, he can play receiver. Every guy is different, maybe he would be ok with that.

49 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

People wanted Tyrod to be a receiver too. Maybe the bills should draft both Lamar Jackson, and another QB in the first round. Two chances to see which one is a franchise QB, and if Jackson isn't good enough to be our guy, he can play receiver. Every guy is different, maybe he would be ok with that.

No.

Respect the man as a player.  He says he can't catch, and he wants to play QB.  Like him as a QB and draft him, or don't like him as a QB and pass.

Draft 1 QB in the high rounds and put enough resources (OL, WR, coaching, reps) to give him a fair shot.  If you want to take a late round flier on someone who falls, that's OK but if they haven't given up on Peterman he fills that role for now.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

I wouldn't mind him in the 2nd if still available and we missed out on the top # 3 QBs. However, my preference would be Kyle Lauletta in rounds 3-4. Jackson is going to need a full year in a NFL weight and conditioning program. He would get killed out there with his slight frame. Look at the beating Cam Newton takes but at least he weighs 250. Also, you are going to need a special offense catered to his strengths. If Lamar is the pick I see no reason why they shouldn't keep Tyrod as well for another year since he would be an ideal fit for the same type of offense.

9 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I wouldn't mind him in the 2nd if still available and we missed out on the top # 3 QBs. However, my preference would be Kyle Lauletta in rounds 3-4. Jackson is going to need a full year in a NFL weight and conditioning program. He would get killed out there with his slight frame. Look at the beating Cam Newton takes but at least he weighs 250. Also, you are going to need a special offense catered to his strengths. If Lamar is the pick I see no reason why they shouldn't keep Tyrod as well for another year since he would be an ideal fit for the same type of offense.

If the Bills want Jackson they better move on him in the 1st because I can't see him lasting until the 53rd pick.  Lauletta isn't impressive at all to me and needs quite a bit of work IMO based on a few games of watching him.  

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1