In-Depth Breakdown of Lamar Jackson by Eliot Crist

DCOrange

On 2/1/2018 at 3:07 PM, Trogdor said:

Having watched a lot of his games against both lower and top tier defenses, he shrinks against better competition. I know that his team isn't great, but the majority of his stats come against low level competition and garbage time. IMO, he doesn't keep his eyes downfield when scrambling, which separates him from many successful dual threats. I just don't trust a guy who can't win big games. 

I watched all his throws at the combine and he was shaky at best.  He didn't match up to the other top 4 in terms of quick release and arm strength.  If we take him at #22 he's just an EJ or Jones project!

35 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's the wrong move to take Roquan Smith if Jackson is on the board at 12.

Even if Roquan turns into a star and Jackson fails to live up to the hype..........and the reason is that if you don't have a franchise QB you are at square one wrt becoming a consistently winning franchise..........regardless of whether you have a few stars at other positions.  

How many effective LB's are left since Brees, Brady, Eli, Big Ben and Rivers came into the league?  And those guys are all still star players who may play multiple more seasons yet.  

Truthfully.........when scouts put draft rankings on prospects it's fine with me if they want to rank Roquan as a 7.0 and Jackson as a 6.0................but then to be REALISTIC you have to multiply that by the positional importance rating..........QB is 10 and MLB is like 2.    

Roquan with a 14 adjusted value versus Jackson at a 60 adjusted value.

It's almost absurd really to risk missing a potential franchise QB over any LB prospect if you don't have a franchise QB.

I swear you are the best poster and nail it every time when it comes to this!

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Punt75 said:

I watched all his throws at the combine and he was shaky at best.  He didn't match up to the other top 4 in terms of quick release and arm strength.  If we take him at #22 he's just an EJ or Jones project!

:huh: Combine throws?  How about watching actual games for an actual assessment of those two factors.