In-Depth Breakdown of Lamar Jackson by Eliot Crist

DCOrange

12 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Sad that Watson already has a knee issue.

Jackson's legs are skrony I would imagine he will end in the same fate as RG3, broken

Watson already tore his other ACL in college so he might just have weak knees. Jackson doesn't have any injury history to speak of. He will have to learn to give himself up.

Just now, HappyDays said:

Watson already tore his other ACL in college so he might just have weak knees. Jackson doesn't have any injury history to speak of. He will have to learn to give himself up.

Those skrony legs will never last

8 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Those skrony legs will never last

Rosen's legs aren't any bigger!! IJS

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think Jackson fits what the Bills look for in a QB so I doubt it's us but you never know. He ran the EVP system in college which is what Daboll runs so there is a possible connection. I wonder how much input Daboll will have on our pick.

What type of QB are the Bills looking for?? I posted earlier that McDermott coached on teams that had Vick, McNabb and Cam for QB. All 3 QBs took their teams to NFC Championship or SB. 

1 hour ago, the skycap said:

What type of QB are the Bills looking for?? I posted earlier that McDermott coached on teams that had Vick, McNabb and Cam for QB. All 3 QBs took their teams to NFC Championship or SB. 

Rosen is a pocket QB while Jackson is out running around, once that QB leaves the pocket he is free game 

• Like (+1) 1

Well if you read whatBeane looks for in a QB, it is someone who stands in the pocket and delivers the ball, with tight accuracy and has good if not great arm strength and he is also not a fan of sandlot football. Basically if you go look for the thread, it is basically every QB but Jackson....

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Rosen is a pocket QB while Jackson is out running around, once that QB leaves the pocket he is free game 

39 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Well if you read whatBeane looks for in a QB, it is someone who stands in the pocket and delivers the ball, with tight accuracy and has good if not great arm strength and he is also not a fan of sandlot football. Basically if you go look for the thread, it is basically every QB but Jackson....

Guys, do your homework. Many of the analysts that has broken down Lamar's game says he's not a running QB and he is a pocket passer!! This myth has been debunked numerous times now. You saw him scrambling due to his porous Oline. Also, many of his runs were designed runs. I'd like to know what you think of Aaron Rodgers? Who plays more "sandlot" football than him. The idea of scrambling is to make plays. These guys make plays with their legs and arms. 

8 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Please god let it be the Jets.

You rang!!

Guys, do your homework. Many of the analysts that has broken down Lamar's game says he's not a running QB and he is a pocket passer!! This myth has been debunked numerous times now. You saw him scrambling due to his porous Oline. Also, many of his runs were designed runs. I'd like to know what you think of Aaron Rodgers? Who plays more "sandlot" football than him. The idea of scrambling is to make plays. These guys make plays with their legs and arms. 

You rang!!

You should do some homework, Jackson didn't run as much this last season because the coaches forced him to stay in the pocket because of how much he ran the previous season. Even in practice he would try to take off running and the coach called ball dead to make him do it over everytime he tried to run even if it was a sure running score. He is a running QB, last season was a anomaly because he will always fall back to the run, IMO, it is his game because of how electric of a runner he is and he knows it. As many as you say he is not a running QB double all the ones that says he it. Those toothpick legs are going to get snapped in the NFL IMO 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

You should do some homework, Jackson didn't run as much this last season because the coaches forced him to stay in the pocket because of how much he ran the previous season. Even in practice he would try to take off running and the coach called ball dead to make him do it over everytime he tried to run even if it was a sure running score. He is a running QB, last season was a anomaly because he will always fall back to the run, IMO, it is his game because of how electric of a runner he is and he knows it. As many as you say he is not a running QB double all the ones that says he it. Those toothpick legs are going to get snapped in the NFL IMO 

Pro Football Focus just had a stat that most of his running were designed runs. It's posted in a thread. He's been injury free his entire career. Facts!!

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I still say that Lamar Jackson at 22 and a LB at 12 is a very very real scenario.......

If your QB isn't worth taking at 12 he isn't worth taking at 22.  

The cart before horse analogy doesn't mean much nowadays..............this would be like picking the trailer before the truck..........it actually makes no sense to risk missing on the QB to get ANY other position if you think the QB is potentially franchise........... and any GM who tries to sneak that nonsense thru deserves to have that QB picked at 21 and their subsequent firing a couple years later.:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If your QB isn't worth taking at 12 he isn't worth taking at 22.  

The cart before horse analogy doesn't mean much nowadays..............this would be like picking the trailer before the truck..........it actually makes no sense to risk missing on the QB to get ANY other position if you think the QB is potentially franchise........... and any GM who tries to sneak that nonsense thru deserves to have that QB picked at 21 and their subsequent firing a couple years later.:lol:

The truth of the matter is we could take Lamar Jackson at 12 and it still might not be the wrong move....it would just mean no Roqan Smith

Just now, John from Riverside said:

The truth of the matter is we could take Lamar Jackson at 12 and it still might not be the wrong move....it would just mean no Roqan Smith

It's the wrong move to take Roquan Smith if Jackson is on the board at 12.

Even if Roquan turns into a star and Jackson fails to live up to the hype..........and the reason is that if you don't have a franchise QB you are at square one wrt becoming a consistently winning franchise..........regardless of whether you have a few stars at other positions.  

How many effective LB's are left since Brees, Brady, Eli, Big Ben and Rivers came into the league?  And those guys are all still star players who may play multiple more seasons yet.  

Truthfully.........when scouts put draft rankings on prospects it's fine with me if they want to rank Roquan as a 7.0 and Jackson as a 6.0................but then to be REALISTIC you have to multiply that by the positional importance rating..........QB is 10 and MLB is like 2.    

Roquan with a 14 adjusted value versus Jackson at a 60 adjusted value.

It's almost absurd really to risk missing a potential franchise QB over any LB prospect if you don't have a franchise QB.

• Like (+1) 2