In-Depth Breakdown of Lamar Jackson by Eliot Crist

DCOrange

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

TT made so many big passing plays he’s now with Cleveland. Comparing him to Russell Wilson is laughable. Glad we have a new pocket passer in the fold.

You missed the point of course and of course had to make a reference to AJM.  Just go ahead and change your name to Savior McCarron.  Maybe the Bills will get a long term starting caliber QB in the draft. 

46 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Staring down primary receivers, getting all scrambly when the pocket breaks down, and benefitting tremendously from poor DB play that likes of which doesn't exist in the NFL...

These "highlights" show an athletic QB doing lots of crap you can get away with at the college level.  

No thanks.

Which describes probably 99% of college QBs

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You missed the point of course and of course had to make a reference to AJM.  Just go ahead and change your name to Savior McCarron.  Maybe the Bills will get a long term starting caliber QB in the draft. 

The fact that you compare TT to Russell Wilson tells me everything I need to know about your ability to assess QB's.

38 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I compared their style not the caliber of player.  Must be too complex for you. 

I lived in WI when Wilson played at Madison and am pretty familiar with him. I don't think their styles compare at all.

Edited by Sky Diver

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I lived in WI when Wilson played at Madison and am pretty familiar with him. I don't think their styles compare at all.

It doesn't matter where you live, there is plenty of NFL game film to show how Wilson creates out of structure plays on a fairly regular basis often because of OL deficiencies of the Seahawks.  No one is talking about or referring to what he did in College and on this matter you are off base.

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

I watched Wilson play live for Madison when I lived in WI and I have watched him in the NFL. 

Who cares how they compare anyway, Neither one plays for Buffalo.

My post that included him wasn't directed at you, but somehow you felt the need to respond to it and now you post this. :lol:

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Staring down primary receivers, getting all scrambly when the pocket breaks down, and benefitting tremendously from poor DB play that likes of which doesn't exist in the NFL...

These "highlights" show an athletic QB doing lots of crap you can get away with at the college level.  

No thanks.

Getting all scrambly? yeah, he should just not use his gift and take the sack. Also, when you get "scrambly" DBs have a hard time with coverage and your likely not on your first read. He does have the speed and acceleration to get away with a lot of this in the pros, because the college athletes didn't come close to shutting him down.

Lamar is likely one of the best athletes, if not THE BEST athlete to ever play the position. No one ever called him the best pocket passer, but the guy is a playmaker and is at the front of the conversation for highest ceiling of any QB in the draft. Also a guy who could use his skills to make a splash early. 

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Ha ha, I just saw this and came here to post it. It’s kind of interesting. It certainly flies in the face of “one look and takes off.” I didn’t know this before seeing the tweet. I’d be interested to see how many plays were scramble plays? Basically, what percentage of his drop backs result in a run?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

On 3/19/2018 at 10:38 PM, BullBuchanan said:

People in NFL circles have been talking to us about "dual-threat" for decades, yet how many of them amounted to anything? Steve young is probably the best example in modern history, and won a single Super Bowl against a San Diego team that was one of the all-time worst to make it to the show. For the electrifying player Cunningham was, it never translated into postseason success. Vick never won a thing. If Cam ever wins anything it won't be by using his legs.

I want my QB to be about as athletic as Aaron Rodgers. I'd MUCH rather have a guy that sidesteps a rush like Rogers, Ben, Brady than a guy who takes off running like Taylor and Jackson at the first hint of pressure. It's a recipe for knee injuries, fumbles, and an inability to make the big play with your arm and brain.

20 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

For the record, neither Taylor nor Jackson do what you allege.   You are simply incorrect on on both players who often escape pressure but keep their eyes downfield to make big passing plays outside of the structure of the offense just as Russell Wilson similarly does.

Posted this earlier in response to someone else. 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, I just saw this and came here to post it. It’s kind of interesting. It certainly flies in the face of “one look and takes off.” I didn’t know this before seeing the tweet. I’d be interested to see how many plays were scramble plays? Basically, what percentage of his drop backs result in a run.

Anyone who has watched his games knows better.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Posted this earlier in response to someone else. 

Anyone who has watched his games knows better.

I’ll admit that it is less than I thought. I would have thought that it was closer to half of his yards. He’s so explosive with the ball in his hands. There will be some LONG runs at the next level too. When Lamar has space, look out. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ll admit that it is less than I thought. I would have thought that it was closer to half of his yards. He’s so explosive with the ball in his hands. There will be some LONG runs at the next level too. When Lamar has space, look out. 

He is all of that, but I think he needs to sit to begin his NFL career. 

19 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, I just saw this and came here to post it. It’s kind of interesting. It certainly flies in the face of “one look and takes off.” I didn’t know this before seeing the tweet. I’d be interested to see how many plays were scramble plays? Basically, what percentage of his drop backs result in a run?

9 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

Obviously we aren't (and shouldn't) even considering Jackson if we're trying to trade up to number 2, this guys a athlete more than a NFL QB and we've had way way too many of those.

Sam Darnold had more turnovers than ANY of the prospects, yet he's still ranked #1?

19 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Facts doesn't matter!!!