In-Depth Breakdown of Lamar Jackson by Eliot Crist

DCOrange

On 3/2/2018 at 2:02 PM, Domdab99 said:

Let's be honest: if he was white, there'd be no discussion on whether or not he should be a QB. 

I'd be fine with the Bills taking Jackson at 21 or 22. 

You're likely correct, but I respect Jackson the more for 'not going there' when media tries to bait him.

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

Not real impressed with his combine interview with NFL.com.    Seems like a nice kid but I don't see a 'face of the franchise' kind of guy...

Tell me what the "face of the franchise" looks like to you.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You're likely correct, but I respect Jackson the more for 'not going there' when media tries to bait him.

Tell me what the "face of the franchise" looks like to you.

Getcha popcorn ready!

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I wonder if the media made up the wr story? 

Let's just put it this way:

1) either Lamar Jackson is lying that no teams have asked him to work out at WR - and since he has no intention of doing so anyway, I don't see what he gains, he could just say "I did have a request, I said No, Thank You" - he has nothing to gain, and could lose reputation if shown to be lying

2) or, someone claiming to be "in the know" about what teams are doing is lying to the press

or

3) the media made up the story

I'm going to vote for 2), because Smokescreen Season is upon us and teams are the ones that benefit by playing mind games and misleading other teams.  "Hell, No, he's not a Guard!"

7 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

I don't think we'd need to trade up to get LJ.

Maybe not, but if they like him, I wouldn't bet the rent money.  If they have a plan B and C they feel good about, sure take your chance.

Per a source with knowledge of the process, one team (and it takes only one team) asked for Jackson to work out as a receiver when his jersey number and position were called out during a meeting with Scouting Combine officials that occurred early in the week. It’s possible that other teams would have made the request; however, once one team does, the process moves on.

Then, the scout assigned to that player’s group communicates to the player the request to work out at a different position, and the player responds with a “yes” or a “no.” In this case, the group scout asked Jackson to work out as a receiver, and Jackson declined.

So why did Jackson deny that he’d been asked to work out as a receiver? Specifically, he said that “[n]o team asked me to try out at wide receiver.” Which is true — no team asked him to do it. One team made a request that was related to Jackson in the form of a scout employed by the Scouting Combine asking Jackson to do both.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Per a source with knowledge of the process, one team (and it takes only one team) asked for Jackson to work out as a receiver when his jersey number and position were called out during a meeting with Scouting Combine officials that occurred early in the week. It’s possible that other teams would have made the request; however, once one team does, the process moves on.

Then, the scout assigned to that player’s group communicates to the player the request to work out at a different position, and the player responds with a “yes” or a “no.” In this case, the group scout asked Jackson to work out as a receiver, and Jackson declined.

So why did Jackson deny that he’d been asked to work out as a receiver? Specifically, he said that “[n]o team asked me to try out at wide receiver.” Which is true — no team asked him to do it. One team made a request that was related to Jackson in the form of a scout employed by the Scouting Combine asking Jackson to do both.

Hey now me and Gug can be friends again!...:)

On 3/2/2018 at 8:38 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I actually have me some Baker love, despite the shorty dis.  Rosen or Mayfield if we trade up, Jackson I hope just a mild trade-up.

Mayfield please.

I really think he's going to have the best pro career.

That said, I'll be stoked about any of them except Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
15 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I dunno, looks pretty good here. 

20 yard routes over the middle, against air, without pads on.  I could seriously hit those throws and I am not joking one bit.

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Thanks for the information!  The media report was "multiple teams".   If a scout asked Jackson and he said "no team", that's very subtle.

I suppose it would also be possible that the request would have been made to Jackson's representative (his momma) in which case she might have quietly forwarded the request to Jackson via the nearest wastepaperbasket.