In-Depth Breakdown of Lamar Jackson by Eliot Crist

DCOrange

12 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I wouldn't mind him in the 2nd if still available and we missed out on the top # 3 QBs. However, my preference would be Kyle Lauletta in rounds 3-4. Jackson is going to need a full year in a NFL weight and conditioning program. He would get killed out there with his slight frame. Look at the beating Cam Newton takes but at least he weighs 250. Also, you are going to need a special offense catered to his strengths. If Lamar is the pick I see no reason why they shouldn't keep Tyrod as well for another year since he would be an ideal fit for the same type of offense.

he is not going to be there in the 2nd

If they want him they better use one of their 1sts

Jackson and Mayfield are two of the most intriguing qbs I can rememberin The draft.  They could be either stars or busts. I really don't see an in between with them.

that said, I don't trust the Bills in developing qbs so I would prefer a more polished guy. But LJ is very interesting. 

When asked which teams he met with, the Buffalo Bills were the first team he mentioned. Jackson ran the Erhardt-Perkins offense at Louisville. That happens to be the same offense Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll is scholed in. Jackson is more than confident he can command that offense in the NFL, too.

"I'm mobile, I can hit any target on the field," Jackson said. "I love the game with a passion. I lead my team. I feel like I'm a field general. I love to score. I love to put the ball in other receivers' hands. I'm not a ball hog at all. It may look like it but I'm not. I just love winning. Yes sir."

33 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Worth repeating.

More importantly, wouldn't it be the same nomenclature that Daboll should be installing here? The more I see of Jackson the more I am warming up to him being the guy. I see Beane drawing a lot of Cam comparisons when discussing him as well.

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

1 minute ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

More importantly, wouldn't it be the same nomenclature that Daboll should be installing here? The more I see of Jackson the more I am warming up to him being the guy. I see Beane drawing a lot of Cam comparisons when discussing him as well.

Indeed.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Indeed.

Im warming up to the fact that we might be able to upgrade at QB while still being able to use our picks in this draft to load this team up with talent at other positions

How about

Lamar Jackson and a DT?

or

Lamar Jackson and a LB?

and then there are the plethera of other picks we have in this draft to fill areas like RB, ORT, WR

On 2/2/2018 at 6:53 AM, Loosh said:

He blows Taylor away....please.  He will be a great pro. 

Agreed, I'm betting 4.4-4.5.  He's the fastest QB I've ever seen...Vick included.  And the best arm in the draft.   Needs better accuracy...we'll see.  I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I second that......I rate Rosen and Jackson the top two QB's

I actually have me some Baker love, despite the shorty dis.  Rosen or Mayfield if we trade up, Jackson I hope just a mild trade-up.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Let's be honest: if he was white, there'd be no discussion on whether or not he should be a QB. 

I'd be fine with the Bills taking Jackson at 21 or 22. 

I hate to believe that, but I'm reluctantly coming to agree.  Asking a Heisman winning QB with close to 60% completion and 3660 passing yards (similar yards to a known pocket guy) to work out at WR while drooling over a big hulking behemoth with 56% completion and much fewer yards against weaker competition, is just not a good look.

Pointing out a draft prospects flaws is one thing - fair game, and he has flaws.  Suggesting he should change positions is something else.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
14 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Jackson and Mayfield are two of the most intriguing qbs I can rememberin The draft.  They could be either stars or busts. I really don't see an in between with them.

that said, I don't trust the Bills in developing qbs so I would prefer a more polished guy. But LJ is very interesting. 

If Mayfield were 6'4", nobody would be talking about his bust potential.  The guy is going to be a star.