In-Depth Breakdown of Lamar Jackson by Eliot Crist

DCOrange

6 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

I want the Bills to get a true pocket QB. After all these years of the Tyrod I am sick of the run first mentality. This article does nothing to change my mind on him. No thank you on yet another QB to scream at the TV to throw the dam ball. The NFL will make him be a QB (ala Tyrod) so IMO that running will be taken away so IMO he will have to sit a few years to learn how to be a QB first, maybe in a few seasons of development to be a QB first he will will become something but who wants to wait that long. 

He's not a RUN first QB!! I suggest you watch/read the Crist/Cover1 post again. 

37 minutes ago, the skycap said:

He's not a RUN first QB!! I suggest you watch/read the Crist/Cover1 post again. 

I do not care what he wrote in his opinion of him he is IMO a run first QB, I know this because I have watched him play. This season he has worked on not running as much and to his credit has done better this season as a pocket QB but when the heat comes back on he will revert right back to running like the year before IMO.

Jackson will not last in the NFL, he will get creamed running around in the NFL like he does in college IMO. IMO he will be on IR by the end of every season he is a starter.

Bill Polian appeared on ESPN LA this week with Keyshawn Johnson, Jorge Sedano, and LZ Granderson. The conversation turned to college quarterbacks and who among the college quarterbacks would be best in the pros. 

“I don’t think that Lamar, the Louisville kid’s in that discussion".

“No, I’m not kidding you. And that has to do with girth and skill set as well.”

“You hurting me, Bill,” Keyshawn Johnson then added, “because I think he’s a NFL quarterback.”

“I’m not saying he isn’t, I just don’t think he’s in the class of the other three,” Polian said in response.

Edited by xRUSHx

3 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

I do not care what he wrote in his opinion of him he is IMO a run first QB, I know this because I have watched him play. This season he has worked on not running as much and to his credit has done better this season as a pocket QB but when the heat comes back on he will revert right back to running like the year before IMO.

Jackson will not last in the NFL, he will get creamed running around in the NFL like he does in college IMO. IMO he will be on IR by the end of every season he is a starter.

Bill Polian appeared on ESPN LA this week with Keyshawn Johnson, Jorge Sedano, and LZ Granderson. The conversation turned to college quarterbacks and who among the college quarterbacks would be best in the pros. 

“You hurting me, Bill,” Keyshawn Johnson then added, “because I think he’s a NFL quarterback.”

“I’m not saying he isn’t, I just don’t think he’s in the class of the other three,” Polian said in response.

His girth and skill set in comparable to Deshaun Watson. I believe Polian made that comment with those guys earlier in the year. Polian has had plenty of misses when evaluating QBs.

On 2/1/2018 at 2:49 PM, Spiderweb said:

OMG... Avoid this possibility at all costs. After watching him the past two years ( I live in the Louisville area) we would be making yet another big mistake. He'll bring some running ability but he's slower than Taylor. Has a published college time of 4.78. He's not like Taylor in one area though, he has no problem turning the ball over. Tebow / Andre Ware II.

You comparing him to Tim Tebow has made anything you have to say, null, and void

Lamar Jackson and TIm Tebow? What the !@#$, you don't know what you are watching

12 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

You do realize that everyone in that conversation you just quoted is a !@#$ing moron right? Who cares what any of them said

I know Polian has achieved Sainthood among Bills fans, but that guy is worthless now when it comes to evaluating talent. That dude is better off giving me his review of the latest roll of toilet paper charmin has dropped rather than Lamar Jackson's talent.

Polian is in Phil Jackson territory... except less successful. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Haha (+1) 1

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2017/07/18/rsp-boiler-room-no-101-qb-lamar-jackson-louisville-drops-and-accuracy/

Waldman's breakdowns are generally pretty terrific.

Points out areas that need improvement. He seems to be more positive about Jackson than he is about Allen, for instance, at least on this breakdown (he has several and often compares the two). Sees a real likelihood of development in his game, which is a real positive.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:07 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Here's the accompanying  write up.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/1/25/16931282/getting-to-know-the-2018-qb-class-lamar-jackson

If football fans could concoct a recipe with all of the things they demand in a franchise signal caller, they would call out the usual tropes.

“Big arm”.

“Accurate”.

“Throws with anticipation”.

“Understands defensive concepts.”..........“Pocket Presence.” .......“From Northeast Ohio and owns a dozen old Bernie Kosar jerseys”

They don’t know it, but they’re describing Lamar Jackson, the standout former Heisman trophy winner who absolutely obliterated and terrorized college defenses for the last two years.

…..except for the Bernie Kosar jersey thing. On the rest, hear me out.

The Summary:

To understand Lamar Jackson, and the type of player he is, NFL fans need to forget the cliches. The myth of durability in running quarterbacks is a thing of the past, as they’ve determined (WITH SCIENCE) that guys get injured just as frequently from the pocket as they do on the run. The “dual threat” language quarterbacks are pinned with, that is a backhanded way of saying, “Can’t be trusted executing a passing offense,” was obliterated by Deshaun Watson as he thrashed the adage and 2017 NFL defenses. “Skinny knees, won’t survive an AFCN winter” is an epithet on the tombstones of enormous, physically gifted, prototypical Browns QBs of the past as well as the small ones. Understand that Lamar Jackson defies the cliches, and is twice the passer casual NFL fans think he is.

Also, understand that Jackson will face the exact same litany of questions that Deshaun faced about his game, and is a better prospect in every respect.

If this is true then he will go a lot higher than he is currently projected.  Teams are stupid , they all see the same things.  

On 2/2/2018 at 5:33 PM, #34fan said:

I never said he was perfect... He's an acquired taste... If he's that bad of a human being why did LOU take him back?

Never said you said he was perfect. Why did LOU take him back? Probably the same reason they kept Pitino (IMO another P.O.S) as basketball coach until it became too much of an embarrassment to excuse, even with a ton of wins. 

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/20835496/louisville-coach-rick-pitino-find-way-trouble

Those Cardinals must be very proud of themselves.

blob.png.8963238a81c102d7473a4667e401a970.pngblob.png.444709affb97633ccf8fc983eefcc043.png

Edited by Dopey

5 hours ago, Dopey said:

Never said you said he was perfect. Why did LOU take him back? Probably the same reason they kept Pitino (IMO another P.O.S) as basketball coach until it became too much of an embarrassment to excuse, even with a ton of wins. 

blob.png.8963238a81c102d7473a4667e401a970.pngblob.png.444709affb97633ccf8fc983eefcc043.png

Short answer: -Because they were both very effective as college coaches... 

Edited by #34fan