In-Depth Breakdown of Lamar Jackson by Eliot Crist

DCOrange

1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

That’s a cloudy conclusion.

Throwing a ball high on an easy bubble screen which a receiver can’t hold on to might be a “drop” but it’s because the QB just isn’t accurate.

Blaming drops is what people do when they really have nothing else to offer. 

Thats not how ProFootballFocus operates

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

There is one comparison for Jackson, and no it's not because he's black, and that person is Michael Vick.  The play a lot alike except in my opinion, Vick was a more accurate passer.  I know Jackson is a polarizing prospect, I fall on side of being totally against the Bills drafting him.

3 hours ago, purple haze said:

You're right.  He has a stronger arm, is faster and more elusive when he runs.

He doesn't have near the accuracy, pocket presence, or passing progression ability. Watson should have been the first overall pick last year. 

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Here's the accompanying  write up.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/1/25/16931282/getting-to-know-the-2018-qb-class-lamar-jackson

If football fans could concoct a recipe with all of the things they demand in a franchise signal caller, they would call out the usual tropes.

“Big arm”.

“Accurate”.

“Throws with anticipation”.

“Understands defensive concepts.”..........“Pocket Presence.” .......“From Northeast Ohio and owns a dozen old Bernie Kosar jerseys”

They don’t know it, but they’re describing Lamar Jackson, the standout former Heisman trophy winner who absolutely obliterated and terrorized college defenses for the last two years.

…..except for the Bernie Kosar jersey thing. On the rest, hear me out.

The Summary:

To understand Lamar Jackson, and the type of player he is, NFL fans need to forget the cliches. The myth of durability in running quarterbacks is a thing of the past, as they’ve determined (WITH SCIENCE) that guys get injured just as frequently from the pocket as they do on the run. The “dual threat” language quarterbacks are pinned with, that is a backhanded way of saying, “Can’t be trusted executing a passing offense,” was obliterated by Deshaun Watson as he thrashed the adage and 2017 NFL defenses. “Skinny knees, won’t survive an AFCN winter” is an epithet on the tombstones of enormous, physically gifted, prototypical Browns QBs of the past as well as the small ones. Understand that Lamar Jackson defies the cliches, and is twice the passer casual NFL fans think he is.

Also, understand that Jackson will face the exact same litany of questions that Deshaun faced about his game, and is a better prospect in every respect.

Comparing him to Watson and saying he is a better prospect in every respect is worthy of.......:lol::lol::lol:

Here's something interesting from the Josh Allen thread breakdown article:

https://www.diehards.com/national/film-room-josh-allen-good-bad-ugly-mysterious-nfl-draft-prospect/amp?__twitter_impression=true

"Allen’s drop percentage was 7.84 percent in 2017, per ProFootballFocus. That total puts him 20th among draft-eligible quarterbacks. It’s a figure that pales in comparison to Baker Mayfield’s 9.49 percent, Rosen’s 11 percent, and Lamar Jackson’s 12.4 percent (Yeesh, can we please get Lamar some help?)."

and also

"Allen, like many of this year’s top quarterbacks, namely Lamar Jackson and Josh Rosen , is able to flip the strength of the offensive formation, or kill one play at the line of scrimmage and flip to another (run to pass or vice versa)."

Meh... maybe I'm warming up to Jackson a bit 0:) 

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, billspro said:

He doesn't have near the accuracy, pocket presence, or passing progression ability. Watson should have been the first overall pick last year. 

Last year there were concerns about Watson's ability to read defenses.  Last year there were concerns about Watson's accuracy, particularly down the field and how much arm strength he had.  There were concerns about him running as well.  All of that in the pre-draft build up.   Similar things to what we hear about Jackson now.  

Jackson is more explosive in all regards.  Watson though is just a winner.  He was a pro before he got drafted.  Just like Russell Wilson was.  Talent, demeanor, etc.  Watson should have gone over Trubisky, I agree.

I'm not saying Jackson is a better QB than Watson.  I'm simply commenting on the difference in athletic traits.  But Jackson also has an it factor.  He's just not as polished as Watson.  And he might never be.  But if he can polish his game adding that to his physical traits will allow him to be elite.  At pick 21 or 22, or for sure in the 2nd round there would be worse lottery numbers to play.

• Like (+1) 5

9 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Having watched a lot of his games against both lower and top tier defenses, he shrinks against better competition. I know that his team isn't great, but the majority of his stats come against low level competition and garbage time. IMO, he doesn't keep his eyes downfield when scrambling, which separates him from many successful dual threats. I just don't trust a guy who can't win big games. 

Hey.... I saw exactly the same thing. The 40 time was from an old Louisville Cardinal site. I'm still trying to find it. What led to it was a fellow workers who said their new QB ( last name - Pass) is supposedly even better than Lamar. His words, not mine. I clearly am not a fan of Lamar "turnover".