In-Depth Breakdown of Lamar Jackson by Eliot Crist

DCOrange

35 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

OMG... Avoid this possibility at all costs. After watching him the past two years ( I live in the Louisville area) we would be making yet another big mistake. He'll bring some running ability but he's slower than Taylor. Has a published college time of 4.78. He's not like Taylor in one area though, he has no problem turning the ball over. Tebow / Andre Ware II.

Slow! Are you kidding. He is the fastest QB I have ever seen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billykay said:

Slow! Are you kidding. He is the fastest QB I have ever seen.

Vick was definitely faster, but there isn't a chance in hell that Lamar is anywhere near a 4.78 lol. I don't understand how someone that lives in the area and has watched him for 2 years can possibly think he's significantly slower than the likes of Andrew Luck, Connor Shaw, and Derek Carr.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Okay, fine....  I'll support taking Lamar Jackson in the first round... - IF Bobby Petrino comes with him as part of the deal... Petrino is a truly special offensive mind, that can coach, and coordinate with the best of them... He's on my Short-list of HC candidates once the inevitable happens to McDermott.

Yet Petrino’s offense, specifically designed for QB success, couldn’t get Jackson to that ever elusive 60% completion percentage.

1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Doesn’t mean he’s a better QB prospect.

That's true.  He might not wind up being better.  But Watson had many of the same issues said about him last draft season.  Accuracy down the field, reading defenses, etc.  my point is from a physical standpoint Jackson has Watson beat.  And Watson was and is very good.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Petrino is exactly where he belongs as a CFB coach. 

Your'e such a frickin' HATER 26, I swear.... The guy would have done great things for ATL had the Vick implosion not occurred... CFB teams improved practically everywhere he went...

The man is an offensive genius at the collegiate level.

2 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Yet Petrino’s offense, specifically designed for QB success, couldn’t get Jackson to that ever elusive 60% completion percentage.

Literally only because the WRs couldn't catch to save their lives this year. If you adjust for drops, Lamar's completion percentage was above Darnold and within 1% of Rosen and Rudolph.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, #34fan said:

Your'e such a frickin' HATER 26, I swear.... The guy would have done great things for ATL had the Vick implosion not occurred... CFB teams improved practically everywhere he went...

The man is an offensive genius at the collegiate level.

Hater?  You're making my points better than I ever could.  I give him great credit. 

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Literally only because the WRs couldn't catch to save their lives this year. If you adjust for drops, Lamar's completion percentage was above Darnold and within 1% of Rosen and Rudolph.

Is that adjusting for Rosen's dropped passes too? Pretty sure 1 out of every 9 passes Rosen threw was dropped.

23 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Vick was definitely faster, but there isn't a chance in hell that Lamar is anywhere near a 4.78 lol. I don't understand how someone that lives in the area and has watched him for 2 years can possibly think he's significantly slower than the likes of Andrew Luck, Connor Shaw, and Derek Carr.

Yeah, he will be between 4.3-4.4 most likely

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Spiderweb said:

OMG... Avoid this possibility at all costs. After watching him the past two years ( I live in the Louisville area) we would be making yet another big mistake. He'll bring some running ability but he's slower than Taylor. Has a published college time of 4.78. He's not like Taylor in one area though, he has no problem turning the ball over. Tebow / Andre Ware II.

This post tells me you have never even watched him play, you watch any game he has played in his entire career, and then tell me he runs a 4.78. Some people will believe anything they read.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BillzFreak said:

This post tells me you have never even watched him play, you watch any game he has played in his entire career, and then tell me he runs a 4.78. Some people will believe anything they read.

Exactly.

There's no way he runs higher than 4.4

34 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hater?  You're making my points better than I ever could.  I give him great credit. 

Petrino needs the right opportunity to show how good of an offensive mind he can be at the pro level... Jackson is probably the most talent Petrino''s ever had in a CFB player, and Petrino was able to harness, and focus that talent... After years of watching Tyrod regress, I wouldn't trust any member of this offensive staff with a young QB... If it were possible, -and it isn't, I would want to see Lojack develop under someone who already knows how to maximize his potential.

38 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I doubt that Comp % was ever the big picture... Petrino's trying to win games... He know's Jackson's limitations, and strengths too well... I think that, given those,  he got the best out of him.

Edited by #34fan

39 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

That’s a cloudy conclusion.

Throwing a ball high on an easy bubble screen which a receiver can’t hold on to might be a “drop” but it’s because the QB just isn’t accurate.

Blaming drops is what people do when they really have nothing else to offer. 

• Like (+1) 1