What the 2018 Buffalo Bills 90-man depth chart could look like entering training camp

25 minutes ago, wppete said:

No argument. I just don’t see how Ross Cockrell can be more productive than EJ Gaines. I think a lot of people on here would agree. 

I can see him being more productive based off of projected games missed. I realize anyone can get hurt, but Gaines seems to be a lightning rod for injury.

EJ Gaines is a much better corner than Ross Cockrell.  Not that I hate Cockrell, I don't.... I liked us picking him way back when and he was just a victim of the coaching change in Buffalo.  He has proven himself a serviceable corner in the league since but relying on him as a starter having had EJ Gaines previously is a downgrade.  I am possibly the biggest Gaines homer on the board though.... I was excited about getting him int he trade when everyone else was googling to find out who the hell he was :lol:

As for my overall feelings about the post..... I think the Bills are going to go Quarterback in the first round and more mid-level vet (unless a Bridgewater or Bradford type ends up being much cheaper than expected) and I believe they may even trade up for one.  

I also think following the "draft to the strength of the class" strategy that Kirby often talks about would fit the Bills well this year.  Quarterback is a strong and deep, the next best position in the class is linebacker in my mind and we have a major need there.  So while I think they will be in the market for one mid-range FA vet to captain that group I could see the Bills selecting 2 or even 3 linebackers.  Equally there is reasonable depth at DT so they might double up in that position too.  Finally this is a good RB draft and I wouldn't be surprised to see them select one before the 5th.  

Having said all that if they stay at 21 and 22 and don't go QB.... I like the Orlando Brown pick, but don't like Josh Jackson as much as most seem to. I think he'd have been a late 2nd / 3rd round pick in last year's class of DBs. He is a reach at 22 in my opinion. Take Fitzpatrick and Derwin James out for a second and the rest of this DB class does nothing for me.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Hate the later drafted QB, I am ok with Bradford and Peterman but to wait for a later round QB is so Whaley. No thank you. As for other drafted players too hard to tell when they should IMO move up and take one of the top 5 QBs, so to know what is left IMO is too hard to figure accurately. How about posting mock including some kind of trade up or one taken with 1st pick. 

Edited by xRUSHx

14 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Cockrell would be less expensive for roughly the same production. So, yes.

Cockrell is a damn good zone corner, dont let em sway you breh.

Also less injury prone.

Not a fan of mike white or any quarterback not named Mayfield Darnold Rosen or dark horse Mason.

I did like picking up Bradford, just hope we draft a top 3 QB to go along with him so the rookie can start when Bradford gets hurt sometime during the season.

8 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Hate the later drafted QB, I am ok with Bradford and Peterman but to wait for a later round QB is so Whaley. No thank you. As for other drafted players too hard to tell when they should IMO move up and take one of the top 5 QBs, so to know what is left IMO is too hard to figure accurately. How about one including some kind of trade up or one taken with 1st pick. 

I agree with your dumbass.

No point in drafting a QB if its not one of the top 3 guys. Or Mason at the 2nd teir.

Might as well jus grab the best players we can in the draft and re stock the stash box.

OK, I'll play.  You release Holmes, but he's still on your 90.  If Vlad and Mills are #1 RG and RT entering TC, we are in big trouble.  I gotta think Tyrod is worth more than a 4th, we devalue him as fans.  Not thrilled with Bradford, but OK.  Like what you did with the DL and LB's.  Snuck a Marquavious in there so we can restock our Key and Peele All-Star names, I like it.  Having to go get our own FA Ross Cockrell makes me gag a little, but just another Whaley !@#$ up that we have to correct.

• Like (+1) 1

I appreciate the work you put into this, I'd love to get Sam Bradford but the more I hear Beane talk the more I believe him when he says he wont be making big splashes in FA so I'm ruling out Bradford, I'll say either Derek Anderson or Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the backup. I also agree with many that Tyrod Taylor has a better chance probably netting a 6th round pick than a 4th, comparing him to Alex Smith is just a horrible comparison because he's not even half the QB Smith is. I liked Cockrell in Pittsburgh, I think he'd be a solid pickup. I think we draft a QB round 1, I think it's a must and I believe that's why we collected the draft picks is for a trade up the draft board, Mike White isn't terrible but again we already have our developmental QB in Nate Peterman, this coaching staff isn't giving up on him even though the fans already seem to have done that.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

OK, I'll play.  You release Holmes, but he's still on your 90.  If Vlad and Mills are #1 RG and RT entering TC, we are in big trouble.  I gotta think Tyrod is worth more than a 4th, we devalue him as fans.  Not thrilled with Bradford, but OK.  Like what you did with the DL and LB's.  Snuck a Marquavious in there so we can restock our Key and Peele All-Star names, I like it.  Having to go get our own FA Ross Cockrell makes me gag a little, but just another Whaley !@#$ up that we have to correct.

Ah, good catch, thanks. Didn't mean to include Holmes in the release transactions. He can add competition in training camp and if he makes the team, great. If he doesn't, great.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I appreciate the work you put into this, I'd love to get Sam Bradford but the more I hear Beane talk the more I believe him when he says he wont be making big splashes in FA so I'm ruling out Bradford, I'll say either Derek Anderson or Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the backup. I also agree with many that Tyrod Taylor has a better chance probably netting a 6th round pick than a 4th, comparing him to Alex Smith is just a horrible comparison because he's not even half the QB Smith is. I liked Cockrell in Pittsburgh, I think he'd be a solid pickup. I think we draft a QB round 1, I think it's a must and I believe that's why we collected the draft picks is for a trade up the draft board, Mike White isn't terrible but again we already have our developmental QB in Nate Peterman, this coaching staff isn't giving up on him even though the fans already seem to have done that.

Thanks. I really don't consider Bradford a "big splash" because I just consider him basically a trade for Tyrod. I can't imagine him taking a bigger hit to the cap than Tyrod would if he remains on the team.