In-Depth Breakdown of Josh Rosen by Eliot Crist, Matt Waldman, Greg Cosell, and Others

20 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Rosen or Mayfield are the only QB’s worth trading up for in my non expert opinion.  Lamar Jackson is so tempting if he makes it to 21 though.  I don’t envy Beane right now.

This is pretty much the way I see it. 

I would go all the way to the top for Rosen if we can.  I would go top-10 for Mayfield if we can.  If Jackson is available, take him.

If Rosen slips due to geriatric "NFL Execs" not liking his opinions, so much the better as long as our coaches are secure enough to deal and he's willing to tone it down.

Mayfield, we need to understand if his "thin skin" snapbacks to any criticism on social media are something he's willing to eliminate.

The disadvantage would be if we have to give up so much for Rosen we can't protect him adequately.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

I don't understand why Darnold is the consensus No. 1 over Rosen and Mayfield...but I sure as hell hope he goes 1 to Cleveland.

It's a matter of most pro ready in structure QB vs. one with bigger upside with more off script big play potential who needs further refinement.

9 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I don't understand why Darnold is the consensus No. 1 over Rosen and Mayfield...but I sure as hell hope he goes 1 to Cleveland.

I don't know that he is (when have the draft pundits ever seen the QB class the same way GMs do?), but I would be delighted if Darnold or even better, Allen, went #1 to Cleveland.

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I read this a while ago when I was trying to study Rosen. Its obvious that McDermott loves him and that the interviewer kind of baited Rosen with some of the questions and Rosen gave extremely intelligent answers. He's my guy. I'm not sure how anybody could read that interview and come to the conclusion that he is a jerk and a bad teammate. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

He may look great on film. But I want a football player. Not an attention whore looking to promote and impose his beliefs upon others. 

Shut up.  Play football.  I hope we don't draft this closn., Disirregardless of how he looks

37 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

He may look great on film. But I want a football player. Not an attention whore looking to promote and impose his beliefs upon others. 

Shut up.  Play football.  I hope we don't draft this closn., Disirregardless of how he looks

spoken like a true redneck!!! : ) 

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

spoken like a true redneck!!! : ) 

That's a compliment, thanks!!!  :D

Funny enough, I spend 90% of my day making fun of the southern culture. I just pull out the southern roots when it's convenient.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I hope we draft him because he's an incredible QB.

Same. I don't care what his political views are (which I think are overblown because he doesn't have any other issues to pick him apart with).

"oh my god! This kid is intelligent!!!???? Burn him at the stake! He will be a total distraction"