In-Depth Breakdown of Josh Rosen by Eliot Crist, Matt Waldman, Greg Cosell, and Others

On 2/9/2018 at 10:02 AM, ndirish1978 said:

He's very very good but the more I read about his medical history the more nervous I get. I didn't realize his season ended because of TWO separate concussions sustained within 4 weeks. For a kid whose love of the sport is suspect what's to say he isn't another pair of concussions away from taking his ball and going home.

Couple points. Why would what looks to be the top QB in the draft by many, that already have been on record calling our the NCAA for indentured servitude play in the Cactus Bowl even if 100 healthy. 

Two college does NOT have the QB protections the NFL has and as a Pocket Passer isnt going to get many shots to the head is he?

8 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

And how do we get that if we're giving up out two No. 1s and someone like Cordy Glenn to trade up to the 2 spot? 

I'm more and more leaning towards spending the money on Cousins and using our picks wisely. 

A little thing called UFA and later some of the other picks that we have. And you can buy 3 OL for the price your gonna pay Cousins 

and who knows what Miller will do in Dabols offense 

Edited by MAJBobby

11 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Couple points. Why would what looks to be the top QB in the draft by many, that already have been on record calling our the NCAA for indentured servitude play in the Cactus Bowl even if 100 healthy. 

Two college does NOT have the QB protections the NFL has and as a Pocket Passer isnt going to get many shots to the head is he?

A little thing called UFA and later some of the other picks that we have. And you can buy 3 OL for the price your gonna pay Cousins 

and who knows what Miller will do in Dabols offense 

Yeah, for me I'd be much more concerned with RT as I think Miller could rebound nicely. As for where to allocate resources, if the Bills were to indeed trade up to whatever spot, i.e. #2, for a guy like Rosen, they would HAVE to be all in on their Offensive line. Meaning, if it were me, I would NOT trade Glenn, I would make him the LG and trade / cut Richie, keep Miller, and sign a RT. Then, you sign LBs, WRs, two CBs, trade Hughes, Tyrod, and yes Shady, for either picks or players and you need to get a true outside WR as Zay is far better in the slot. So a Brice Butler type of guy, then you use whatever Draft capital you have, on LB /  DT  / RB and Offensive line depth. 

11 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok. But what I'm saying is that concussions are an issue. Once a player is prone to them he's gonna get more. If you're a rich kid who cares more about quality of life than "legacy" why wouldn't you just say "yep, I'm done, I'd rather life the rest of my life healthy than screw up my brain, peace out."

24 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Yeah, for me I'd be much more concerned with RT as I think Miller could rebound nicely. As for where to allocate resources, if the Bills were to indeed trade up to whatever spot, i.e. #2, for a guy like Rosen, they would HAVE to be all in on their Offensive line. Meaning, if it were me, I would NOT trade Glenn, I would make him the LG and trade / cut Richie, keep Miller, and sign a RT. Then, you sign LBs, WRs, two CBs, trade Hughes, Tyrod, and yes Shady, for either picks or players and you need to get a true outside WR as Zay is far better in the slot. So a Brice Butler type of guy, then you use whatever Draft capital you have, on LB /  DT  / RB and Offensive line depth. 

under your scenario, why not keep Glenn and move him to RT, thus solidifying your line without bringing in other iffy/questionable FAs? 

our best current o-line with our roster: Dawkins-Incognito-Groy/Draft/FA-Miller-Glenn 

2 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

under your scenario, why not keep Glenn and move him to RT, thus solidifying your line without bringing in other iffy/questionable FAs? 

our best current o-line with our roster: Dawkins-Incognito-Groy/Draft/FA-Miller-Glenn 

I can certainly understand why that would make sense in one vein of thought, and others like bandit27 would agree with you....but JMO, I would rather have Glenn who has played on the left side his entire career and played both tackle and guard in college (and when he came out, many scouts projected him to Guard over Tackle), he allows a Rookie QB to have his blindside protected very well and by a young, athletic set of men while RT is "less" of an issue based on FA or Draft because I would presume it would be easier for any Rookie to adapt if pressure comes from his open side. 

So I'm not opposed to it, and if the staff thinks RT suits Glenn better than LG, then by all means...but I would NOT fail to move Glenn to LG simply because of Richie...as much as I know Richie has done an admirable job and been exactly the OPPOSITE of what I anticipated, i.e. a good teammate and hard worker to prove me dead-wrong, he is on the down slope of his career and RT is an issue no matter what you do. Also, IMHO, LG poses less of an issue for Glenn's foot based on the movement required to play Guard vs. Tackle. But, wth do I know.....so, if the brass says, RT, then I trust them and won't complain a bit. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Ok. But what I'm saying is that concussions are an issue. Once a player is prone to them he's gonna get more. If you're a rich kid who cares more about quality of life than "legacy" why wouldn't you just say "yep, I'm done, I'd rather life the rest of my life healthy than screw up my brain, peace out."

I get it, but also like I said there are a TON more protections for the QB in the NFL compared to College. specially for one that doesn't run around.

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I get it, but also like I said there are a TON more protections for the QB in the NFL compared to College. specially for one that doesn't run around.

Totally agree. I guess my philosophy in drafting QBs is that you are never 100% certain on anyone coming out of college so minimizing risk as much as possible is really the only thing you can do to help improve your odds. Rosen may have the best physical tools, but if your grade on him is even remotely close to Darnold, or Mayfield (might as well throw Allen in there since Manock has him rated higher), then you are probably better served drafting the guy with less questions. Which is probably why Mayock has Rosen #3.  

3 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Totally agree. I guess my philosophy in drafting QBs is that you are never 100% certain on anyone coming out of college so minimizing risk as much as possible is really the only thing you can do to help improve your odds. Rosen may have the best physical tools, but if your grade on him is even remotely close to Darnold, or Mayfield (might as well throw Allen in there since Manock has him rated higher), then you are probably better served drafting the guy with less questions. Which is probably why Mayock has Rosen #3.  

I get what you are saying. The only two though i have close are Darnold and Rosen and I have Rosen graded higher. 

My next tier include Mayfield, Allen, Jackson And i do have a bigger gap between this group in the first. 

I havent seen such Mechanics out of a QB in awhile compared to what I see with Rosen. And I have loved watching  him out his team on his back ans carry them to wins. 

And it is that grade even with the medical why i hope this happens. 

• Like (+1) 1

Last offseason I thought Rosen was the best of the bunch coming out this year.  Nothing changed this season.  IMO, he's the most NFL ready, has at least as high of a ceiling as the others, and the highest floor as well.  Injuries are his big concern, but every QB in the class has a BIG concern floating around them, and every one of them are one hit away from being in the same spot as Rosen. 

If we had our pick of QB's, I'd take Rosen every time.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/14/2018 at 10:42 PM, FearLess Price said:

Same.

I really hope we give him a solid OL to watch his back.

Gotta protect our investment. 

Wouldnt want our investment to get his head messed up cuz people didnt do their due diligence.

We can start with drafting Frank Ragnow-C Arkansas in the 2nd and Wyatt Teller-G Virginia Tech in the 4th. That gives us three building pieces if you add Dion Dawkins. That gives us a nice base going into next year's Draft and FA.

On 2/15/2018 at 11:54 PM, Buffalo716 said:

They are pretty similar but Eli hasn't always had the tightest spiral...

Rosen always throws tight spirals. He has better rotation on his Footballs

He's more high end Matt Ryan than Eli or Jameis

I like Rosen....but I dont like him for potentially 3 1sts. 

I think Mayfield has a better shot to make it. Shorter QB, prolly the smartest of this years bunch. The xfactor here....hes got something to prove because of that height. Nothing like a chip on your shoulder to keep you goin every day. 

Just now, Ramza86 said:

I think Mayfield has a better shot to make it. Shorter QB, prolly the smartest of this years bunch. The xfactor here....hes got something to prove because of that height. Nothing like a chip on your shoulder to keep you goin every day. 

I like Mayfield a lot and I know he's going to be really good at the next level but he's the not the smartest QB in the class. That's Rosen by far.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

That would be incorrect.  Rosen is by far the smartest and has plans to parlay his NFL fame and fortune into a career as a venture capitalist.  He's also the best QB of the bunch by a good margin.  If anything, one of the knocks on him is that he's too smart.  He's often the smartest person in any room and doesn't listen to coaches because he assumes he is smarter than them, which is often the case.

48 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

We can start with drafting Frank Ragnow-C Arkansas in the 2nd and Wyatt Teller-G Virginia Tech in the 4th. That gives us three building pieces if you add Dion Dawkins. That gives us a nice base going into next year's Draft and FA.

He's more high end Matt Ryan than Eli or Jameis

Well i never said Jameis... and Matt Ryan is a pretty good comparison but I wouldn't say high end Matt Ryan lol

thats pretty much a QB who is going to the HoF so it would be hard to be a high end Matt Ryan Who is an MVP

i would take him instantly if he'd be Matty Ice

15 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well i never said Jameis... and Matt Ryan is a pretty good comparison but I wouldn't say high end Matt Ryan lol

thats pretty much a QB who is going to the HoF so it would be hard to be a high end Matt Ryan Who is an MVP

i would take him instantly if he'd be Matty Ice

Fair enough. I should’ve said better armed, better mobility Matt Ryan.