Hate to say it...Tyrod will be back

Hebert19

It's been so nice having a QB teams game plan to make a QB, I love when we can only get 3 points in a big game. To have a new OC every season makes this offense great.

Why would we want a QB that teams are afraid to be a QB. SMH, the never ending quest at OBD to find a franchise worthy QB without accualy trying for one. Look up in the sky its a bird, no its a plane, no its a franchise worthy QB coming.....splat, nope just a late round QB here to flop like all the rest over the last decade. Were good here we got Tyrod the best of all the wonderful QBs since Kelly. Chan/Fitz 2.0 I am sure this will last just as long. The bridge with no exit. Thanks Rex you are so smart at finding great QBs.

Edited by xRUSHx

I said it in September. Taylor comes back unless Peterman wows everyone and that was not the expectations because he was so unimpressive in practices. Dennison could not coach him. Dennison was entirely wrong on choosing his QB. Peterman was a Dennison pick, part of why Dennison is gone.

Taylor starts 2018, as I said, because we need someone who can start and not suck

On 1/31/2018 at 3:57 PM, KelsaysLunchbox said:

There is no way on God's green Earth that they can trot Taylor out there and try and tell us that he's a "Playoff caliber QB and we feel like he's a guy we can win with" and still expect to sell tickets. Change has to be made even if it's a lateral move. 

That being said, right now I believe Taylor is their last resort. If they were willing to park him on the bench for a raw 5th round draftee last year, I have no doubt they would be comfortable starting someone they get in the second round this year. Or a Case Keenum/Josh McCown type QB.

If they get a really nasty defense that can keep the other team to under three in a playoff game, maybe it could work

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Albwan said:

If they get a really nasty defense that can keep the other team to under three in a playoff game, maybe it could work

Don’t you mean under 3 throughout the season?  

There were 3 regular games and 1 post season game where the talented Tyrod Taylor produced 3 whole points.  

All of the stories going around are just that stories.  

Until the Bills make it official the TT fans will clamor for Typical Tentative Tyrod and those games are that have seen enough will have to wait in agony for the results.  

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

There were 3 regular games and 1 post season game where the talented Tyrod Taylor produced 3 whole points.  

I know, i never would imagine so many people would be actually be this

desperate for mediocrity.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

All of the stories going around are just that stories.  

Until the Bills make it official the TT fans will clamor for Typical Tentative Tyrod and those games are that have seen enough will have to wait in agony for the results.  

Maybe we should keep tentative Taylor...

Just in case the league addresses the problem of teams with real QBs frequently having an advantage, by starting teams like the Bills at 14 points right off the bat.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Maybe we should keep tentative Taylor...

Just in case the league addresses the problem of teams with real QBs frequently having an advantage, by starting teams like the Bills at 14 points right off the bat.

Shhh...i can actually see our upside down society doing this, lets not give simpletons ideas.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/2/2018 at 1:34 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

It's been so bad, mediocre looks good 

Yes,  TT has been the poster child for mediocre, but this past year should be no measure of what he is capable of.  It was a patchwork scheme on offense.   TT gets way too much of the blame.  It was KB who should be blamed for Jax lost.  An argument can be made that additions from draft and a healthy KB would retool for another run with TT taking snaps.  I can't say same thing with a rookie or any free agents, except Cousins.  I would like to see what NT can do, but he would have to beat out TT.  So, let's keep TT, NT and go get a 2nd round QB.

7 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Yes,  TT has been the poster child for mediocre, but this past year should be no measure of what he is capable of.  It was a patchwork scheme on offense.   TT gets way too much of the blame.  It was KB who should be blamed for Jax lost.  An argument can be made that additions from draft and a healthy KB would retool for another run with TT taking snaps.  I can't say same thing with a rookie or any free agents, except Cousins.  I would like to see what NT can do, but he would have to beat out TT.  So, let's keep TT, NT and go get a 2nd round QB.

But he has been capable of the same mediocre play for 3 years now, getting worse each year (yes I know there are other factors, but it still is a fact he got worse every year)

On 1/31/2018 at 2:06 PM, Hebert19 said:

Unkess we can trade him behind the scenes ala Smith.  

Here's why I think this is the case.  

1.  Cousins is not coming here.  He will end up in Denver or NYC.  

2.  Cost to trade up will be too high.  Especially if they aren't sold that one of these guys are the next elite AN.

3.  We have more holes than qb.  If we trade up we would put a rookie out there with a ****ty team and we know how that turns out.  

4.  Bradford and Bridgewater are NOT upgrades.  Before wasting money on them we have to ask.  Are they really better.  

Draft well...sign some people to plug holes and this team will make playoffs again and have more money and options next year for draft.  That's my take...

We needed another thread to discuss this!  However many there are, they are NOT ENOUGH!  We need MORE!  MORE! I tell you!

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I’ve heard this song and dance for 3 full seasons along with other fairy tales that Baltimore wanted to keep him and Denver wanted to sign him and on and on and on. 

Blame KB?   

There was also an open receiver on a post route tor the opposite side of the EZ when TT passed to KB. 

It was first down which left 3 other tries for Taylor to make a huge play.   

Everyone gets the blame besides TT. 

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We needed another thread to discuss this!  However many there are, they are NOT ENOUGH!  We need MORE!  MORE! I tell you!

The worst part is drudged up most of the sludge when he bumped it. Some real “winners” came blazing in Like sharks to blood in the water. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Just now, Sweats said:

I can’t handle one more year of “gun shy” Taylor.

My god, he’s just awful.

I could easily deal with another 9-7 season while a prized rookie sits the bench and learns or earns the job in year one. 

Dont really care who the qb is that delivers it. 

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I could easily deal with another 9-7 season while a prized rookie sits the bench and learns or earns the job in year one. 

Dont really care who the qb is that delivers it. 

"The Buffalo Bills managed 9-7 and a first round exit two years in a row, Tyrod Taylor goes on the WoF as the greatest QB in Bills history."

Aim higher.

12 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

"The Buffalo Bills managed 9-7 and a first round exit two years in a row, Tyrod Taylor goes on the WoF as the greatest QB in Bills history."

Aim higher.

Hence the statement about the draft.... let’s not pretend any other vet in the free agency crop is a guarantee to come in and do much better. If at all. 

Lots of winners in that FA crop right??? Come on man. Again... I don’t really care who the vet is next year. That means little to me. If whomever it is can sneak in another playoff berth I’m ALL for it. The draft is what concerns me. And if you were actually thinking higher and long term it would be the case for you as well. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

Hence the statement about the draft.... let’s not pretend any other vet in the free agency crop is a guarantee to come in and do much better. If at all. 

Lots of winners in that FA crop right??? Come on man. Again... I don’t really care who the vet is next year. That means little to me. The draft is what concerns me. And if you were actually thinking higher and long term it would be the case for you as well. 

I'd rather have McCown.  We might actually score more than 3 points against the Jags.

• Like (+1) 1

The only time Taylor can be effective is if you give him half field reads and it only works until a good defense adjusts and if he all the sudden became accurate. Running options and mis-directions are his type of QBing and it only goes so far until a defense is ready for it you have to be able to spread the field and throw the ball around.

11 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I'd rather have McCown.  We might actually score more than 3 points against the Jags.

It’s a Horse a piece. Whatever. Why all the fuss over marginal differences? 

If the bills go 9-7 with mccown what’s the difference? They aren’t going anywhere either.  And be honest. They wouldn’t do any better than that record most likely. I get it.... anyone but Tyrod right? Sorry. That’s dumb. Other than cousins all the others are just a jumble of mediocrity.  None of them are taking buffalo through the playoffs. Get real. 

Its all about how fast the rookie develops. If it’s 18 that’s freaking awesome. It’s probably all about 2019 though. People are just pissy becuz they don’t wanna see Tyrod again and apparently don’t realize that no other vet, other than cousins, has any legitimate shot at  taking them any further. 

Im fine with moving on from Tyrod. But not just for the sake of it. Thankfully I think the FO has some common sense and doesn’t  think like the “anyone but Tyrod” maniacs around here. They’ll either land a viable qb to keep them competitive or they’ll keep him.  If he stays I’m perfectly fine with a team that will be contending for a playoff spot again while the rookie either takes the job by the end of the season or 2019. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty