Is there a chance that Beane obliterates the roster this offseason to add cap space?

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:19 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

Whaley left a mess of a cap situation on McBeane's hands. You act like he traded away players for ***** and giggles.

and what has he done with this glorious cap fix so far.

Don't answer, I don't care about cap talk, I like GM's going out and getting their guy ala Alshon Jeffrey

On 2/4/2018 at 8:54 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A bunch of your figures are off.  You need to account for accelerating the prorated bonus into next season.  E.g. Taylor doesn't add $15.44, he adds $9.44 (if cut and not signed elsewhere) or $10.44 (if traded or cut and signed)

and so forth

That depends upon how Cousins contract is structured.  It's not uncommon to structure a guy's contract with a huge 1st year bonus amortized over 3-5 years and minimal 1st year salary.  

I think the numbers in the OP were all post June 1st designations which is why they were all a bit higher than what’s been floating around the board. 

38 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

I think the numbers in the OP were all post June 1st designations which is why they were all a bit higher than what’s been floating around the board. 

Two problems then:

1) there can be only 2 post-June 1 designations

2) any money freed up by a post-June 1 designation is...wait for it...not available until after June 1

I would be on board with any and all of these cuts.  Certainly Tyrod as must.  

If we are going to be a legitimate contender under McDermott, it is going to be with a young QB who is not even on the team yet.  He will need time to develop.  

There is plenty of time to fill in the roster around the QB and none of these supporting cast guys are going to be difference makers on the Bills team that gets back to the Superbowl, should we actually do so.

Jerry Hughes is not going to be a factor when the Bills are good again; if dumping him now allows us to form the team we want, go for it.

Can’t incognito play center as well? He’s worth the money. Durable and rock solid on the field. 

Ive started to question Hughes. Love the way the guy plays, but he gets held constantly, doesn’t seem to draw flags and isn’t quite big and strong enough to fight through it. 

TT- I hate moving on him until we know what we are going to have there. But if he’s not restructuring the conversation is over.