Predict which team will sign Kirk Cousins (Poll)

YoloinOhio

Who will sign Cousins?  

400 members have voted

1. 1. Cousins will sign with...

37 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Cleveland backs up the brinks truck and drafts Barkley.

If they draft Barkley at 1 they will be chased out of Berea with pitchforks. At least trade the pick if you aren’t taking a QB. 

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does this $29 million include Tyrod's and Glenn's contract.  So if we do let both of them go via trade of release...that cap space goes up?

Yes it does. Same with Jags, whose cap space includes Bortles huge option. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Jacksonville, Is the logical place to go from Cousins standpoint. Great Defense, Playoff team, No Income Tax. Issue would be cap space and I believe they said they are going to stick with Bortles. I don't see the Jets happening with two Playoff teams already in the division. but who knows!

• Like (+1) 1

I think Arizona presents the best offensive talent to be able to succeed immediately on the field.  They are up against it when it comes to cap room though.  I think Cleveland presents the most desperation and most available money.  Tough to say how the new regime operates, but Sashi would have loved to sign Cousins and hang the for sale sign on the #1 pick.

I voted for the Jets because they have a ton of cap space this year and next year.  They were much better than people expected, even with a lack of overall talent.  Sign Cousins and use the high draft picks to load up on talent and build around him.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does this $29 million include Tyrod's and Glenn's contract.  So if we do let both of them go via trade of release...that cap space goes up?

There is a bunch of room to go up. We could be double that number. Tyrod and Glenn are included and I think it is based on a flat cap. 

8 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The Jets are going to upgrade their team big time in FA. I think we have little to no chance at signing Cousins.

I don’t disagree and I am cool with that. I’d rather Cousins go to Arizona but Cousins cost could cripple the Jets like Flacco does the Ravens. $90M guaranteed is a lot for a guy that it is somewhere between 12-15 IMO. Move up and get your guy

40 minutes ago, mattynh said:

The talent has been decimated but the purge and subsequent cap space allows for an infusion of young talent in the years to come.  I see this as a positive.  I think you will continue to see guys produce on one year deals on the roster.  PHD's! 

I agree. McDermott and Beane can build their roster, no restrictions. But next year could be a rough season. 

A few months ago, while channel surfing, I stopped at TBN (religious channel)  to view a discussion.

One of the speakers was none other than Kirk Cousins. 

He is deeply religious and I later told my son I could see him wanting to come to work with Coach Sean McDermott because of that religious belief connection.  My son said "Dad stop dreaming -Washington will never let him go." 

I voted Buffalo because, in spite of what many think, there is more to these decisions than money.

• Like (+1) 1

The Browns make the most sense. They can pay him the most, and they have a ton of picks which could result in a quick turn around. 

If the Browns add Cousins, and could bring in Barkley to play RB and use the rest of their picks to upgrade their defense, they could be decent next year. They'd be set at QB and RB, and they'd have Josh Gordon at WR. On defense, they have Miles Garrett and could possibly add Chubb to bookend him. Then they can use the rest of their picks upgrading their secondary and OL. 

23 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So realistically...how much room do you think we could add to our cap?

Well, I tried playing with their site 

I selected image.png.6d2d7131b86d827291681bc3eef3b61f.png and "released Taylor and Glenn 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/roster/buffalo-bills/2018/5f0b74d97b3c7b20d3f85534a7bae3a9/

$43,646,937

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The Jets are going to upgrade their team big time in FA. I think we have little to no chance at signing Cousins.

I think they sign Cousins and get someone like Watkins or Landry as a receiver. That 72 million does not include possible cuts in Wilkerson and Skrine. A post june 1 designation of Wilkerson frees up something like 17 million in cap. 

35 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So realistically...how much room do you think we could add to our cap?

With the cap expected to go up about 13 mill, and if they can move on from Glenn and TT through trade or release, I think about an additional 30-40 mill