Horowitz's DOJ IG Report

39 minutes ago, westside said:

I may be wrong, I probably an. But I thought the second part of the report yet to come out is ib regards to Clinton's e-mails?

This portion of the report covers (in part) the FBI's and the DOJ's handling of the Clinton e-mails.  Horowitz is the IG for the DOJ and is only reviewing the activities of those civil servants that work in that department.

Secretary of State Clinton headed the State Department.  There is a separate IG that reviews policies and employee adherence to those policies in the State Department.

The next DOJ IG report to come out will cover the FISA applications and (potential) abuses thereof by the DOJ & FBI.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

This portion of the report covers (in part) the FBI's and the DOJ's handling of the Clinton e-mails.  Horowitz is the IG for the DOJ and is only reviewing the activities of those civil servants that work in that department.

Secretary of State Clinton headed the State Department.  There is a separate IG that reviews policies and employee adherence to those policies in the State Department.

Thanks Taro T. Is their a investigation looking into Clinton's e-mail? 

I really hope they are. I just find it hard to believe that Comey and other top Fbi agents decided to try to rig the election and impeach the President on their own. 

Why would they do it on their own? Just doesnt make sense to me.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, westside said:

I really hope they are. I just find it hard to believe that Comey and other top Fbi agents decided to try to rig the election and impeach the President on their own. 

Not sure if there is an ongoing investigation into the e-mail & private server or not at this time.  Would expect that one thing to fall out of the bias found in the initial investigation/investigators would be a reopening of that investigation by the FBI but this time with investigators that at least claim to be impartial heading into the investigation.

As to your statement prior to th 2nd Q.  From what has come out so far, really think that Comey was at least partially, if not fully, in the dark as to what McCabe, Strzok, Page and others were doing.  Which should, in itself, be grounds for firing him for incompetence.  Also, pretty sure that he thought that by "exonerating" Clinton in late October that he was actually doing her a favor by tamping down a potential post-election scandal before it started.  Namely, had he waited until after the election to bring up the Weiner e-mails, people would have accused him of having covered up for her.  This way, the coronation could proceed as planned and nobody would have been able to complain about the investigation having been hidden as he divulged it pre-election.

Your 2nd Q is the $64k one.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, westside said:

Taro gave good answers above, just chiming in to add on: 

The report that just dropped is the OIG's report on the Mid Year Exam - which was the FBI name for the Clinton Email investigation. As of this moment, both the FBI investigation and the OIG investigation into the email matter specifically is closed. This does not mean the matter is settled, Sessions and his special prosecutor Huber can decide to reopen the matter and press charges. Wray can "unring the bell" if he is so ordered to do so by Sessions and Huber - I don't expect this to happen until after the next reports on FISA abuse and Crossfire Hurricane drop. If there are going to be charges brought in relation to the MYE, I expect them to be bundled together with the other, more serious, charges coming from those reports. 

The MYE report really just set the stage for the more damning reports to come. All the same people involved in the MYE are also involved in Crossfire Hurricane. This report sets the scene, introduces the players and their biases. Shows the stark difference in terms of how both investigations were approached by these people, and shares 500+ pages of evidence along the way. The next report, FISA abuse - which we know a lot about since we've covered much of it for a year and a half now - will show how that bias was weaponinzed and turned into action during the investigation into Trump Russia, boiling over into a palace coup attempt starting on November 8th, 2016. 

As for your second question they were not acting on their own, and certainly it was not Comey at the lead. Comey was kept out of much it by McCabe, Strzok, and Page. They worked around Comey as much as they could rather than through him. The evidence I've shared on this board now for months shows that this was being organized by larger fish - namely John Brennan, Jim Clapper, Barrack Obama, John Podesta, and Hillary Clinton. The motivation was to cover up their massive illegal spying operation and protect the legacy of 44. 

There is yet another layer behind those men and women... but that likely will not be tackled in a public way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/16/2018 at 2:53 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

Going to be doing smaller topics about the details of the report over the next few days rather than one massive one in an attempt to make it easier on the eyes... 

Starting with:

image.thumb.png.0a087a647738a8ffbb815ed47a53ee31.png

Reveal hidden contents

Not just a treasure trove of endless Weiner jokes, the discovering of Clinton emails on Anthony Weiner's laptop was one of the most controversial and important moments of the MYE investigation. It happened in the climactic months of the 2016 election when NYC FBI agents discovered well over 300,000 (closer to 650,000) emails on Weiner's laptop after issuing a warrant on September 26, 2016 to search his devices in relations to sex crimes against a minor. Comey and McCabe sat on this information, and the laptop itself, for nearly four weeks - only announcing its presence to the world after an inter-agency spat between the SDNY, NYO, DAG and DC forced his hand. 

The contents of the laptop itself have been the source of much speculation and controversy. One of the key questions asked at the time was how the FBI managed to read and clear the newly discovered emails so quickly. General Flynn raised that very question in a tweet:

This isn't just an ordinary suit asking this question, this is the former head of DIA and an expert in the technological tools and time needed to perform this kind of forensic work accurately. This question - how'd they read so many so fast? - was one of about twenty questions I wrote down on a piece of paper before reading the OIG MYE report in full. 

So what was discovered?

PROBLEMS. Lots of them. 

Let's take a look at the key issue. I'll be using parts of the OIG report itself as well as Comey's "Higher Loyalty" throughout the thread:

On September 28th, 2016 - two days after the FBI seized the laptop - FBI Assistant Director in Charge (ADIC) of the NYO William Sweeney is informed about the large number of Clinton emails discovered on the laptop. He immediately called Andrew McCabe, the lead agent on the MYE investigation:

Dfz-nvSXkAAwdyO.jpg

Sweeney, per protocol, informs two Executive Assistant Directors (EADs) of the discovery, one of whom testifies under oath to OIG Horowitz that he too informed McCabe immediately upon learning about the discovery. Per his testimony, there "was no doubt" McCabe "understood the gravity of" the find:

Dfz-oPTX0AAfc4U.jpg 

In Comey's Young Adult masterpiece "A Higher Loyalty", he writes about when McCabe informed him of the emails, saying it happened in passing in early October. Comey tells the OIG the same thing, though concedes it might have been late September. 

(1) Higher Loyalty:

Dfz-ovtW4AIHWpM.jpg

(2) OIG Report:

Dfz-ov_W0AAZi58.jpg

So we are to believe McCabe understood the gravity of the find right away, but only told Comey in passing. Comey then later said he didn't understand the relevance because he didn't know Weiner and Huma were married. 

Who's BS meter is starting to tick? Just wait, it's going to get even nuttier...

Because after McCabe becomes aware of the laptop and its contents - nothing happens on the matter for over 21 days

That's not opinion, that's the factual discovery made by Horowitz and outlined in his report:

Dfz-pcTWkAEkM1T.jpg

The rank and file working the matter were so upset by the lack of action, they took the matter to the Deputy Attorney General to force action. (Makes you wonder what was on that laptop that outraged so many NYC FBI agents, doesn't it? I can confirm from multiple sources that many rank and file agents were horrified by what they discovered on the laptop. The words "couldn't sleep" were said to me by two different people connected to the investigation inside the NYO.) The field agents were so outraged they threatened to go not just to the DOJ but to the NY Post as well. 

Only AFTER this escalation to the DOJ and press does McCabe act. He starts with a break of dawn email to Comey on October 27th 2016 asking to meet about the MYE:

(Higher Loyalty)

Dfz-qBVWAAEzNU9.jpg

McCabe does not attend this meeting because according to the OIG report, he was "out of town". We know from other threads and work here that McCabe was in London at that point. Coincidentally a week and a half before Crossfire Hurricane opened, where he was (likely) meeting with British Intelligence Services. 

But the meeting happened anyway and Comey is informed that the Weiner laptop has "hundreds of thousands" of Clinton emails, and there's "no chance" a review can be completed before the election. 

NO CHANCE - this comes directly from the boots on the ground working the MYE investigation.

Dfz-qrFXcAYlIp0.jpg

Dfz-qrrW0AAZzXU.jpg

Shortly after this meeting, Comey sends the now infamous letter to Congress reopening the Clinton Email investigation and ignites a firestorm of controversy. 

Then, almost is by magic, a technological breakthrough happens at the FBI. The FBI "wizards" found a way to "de-duplicate" the emails, meaning they didn't have to sort through them all, only the ones they hadn't already seen. This allowed the FBI to clear the contents in just 8 days when it had taken over a year to clear just 60k earlier Clinton emails. 

Think something smells fishy? Just wait... 

Dfz-rmhWkAEJDBT.jpg

The source for this story of technological wizardry could well be Peter Strzok himself, the very same man who wanted to "stop" Trump from being elected. He testified to the OIG and said - without detail - that the OTD was able "to do some amazing things" to speed up the process. At no point is the technology explained, and at no point is it explained why this "amazing" technology was only employed for this batch of Clinton emails and not the other searches (which took over a year to complete).  

Dfz-siWX4AEpROa.jpg

And now we reach the most important part... Ready?

According to the FBI and OIG, the FBI's own documentary evidence says because "metadata was largely absent, THE EMAILS COULD NOT BE COMPLETELY, AUTOMATICALLY DE-DUPLICATED." This contradicts everything Comey and Strzok said prior.

Dfz-tUIX0AEHeeA.jpg

There is no explanation for this discrepancy in the entire report. None. Strzok and Comey said "amazing things" de-duplicated the emails but the FBI's own evidence says the emails could not be de-duplicated.

:blink:

Think this might be a point that's followed up on come Monday when Horowitz testifies before Congress? It better be. 

How did hundreds of thousands of emails get distilled down to 3,077? Did anyone read any of the emails inside the FBI at all? There's ZERO reference to that having occurred in the entire OIG report, nor in any of the hours of testimony, congressional letters, or interviews on the subject over the past two years... 

Why would McCabe, Comey, Strzok and others within the leadership of the FBI hide the laptop initially and then lie about magically clearing it without reading the emails contained therein? 

My money is that it has to do with this: 

DfsqUG3VQAA4FVf.jpg

DR, I have noticed reading through a lot of the threads (Deep State, Illegal Immigration, QAnon) that a common theme that always shows up is human trafficking or the child sex trade.  At the bottom of your post, there is a circle around Hillary Clinton & Foundation, and Crime Against Children.  I look at that and assume Crime Against Children are in relation to Anthony Weiner, since he had a thing for sending lewd things to underage girls.  Are you hinting that the Crime Against Children is really tied to the Clinton Foundation?  Is this another Pizzagate type situation?

14 minutes ago, Hirly5 said:

DR, I have noticed reading through a lot of the threads (Deep State, Illegal Immigration, QAnon) that a common theme that always shows up is human trafficking or the child sex trade.  At the bottom of your post, there is a circle around Hillary Clinton & Foundation, and Crime Against Children.  I look at that and assume Crime Against Children are in relation to Anthony Weiner, since he had a thing for sending lewd things to underage girls.  Are you hinting that the Crime Against Children is really tied to the Clinton Foundation?  Is this another Pizzagate type situation?

:beer:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1071991/download

Read the chapter in full for context - but it's delineated as a separate item from Weiner's sexting with minors. If it was directly related to AW, you would expect Coleman to have grouped it together - but he didn't. Instead it's left out there, and the entire thing is left unexplained and is never even commented upon (though it is in the classified index, and referenced as such).  

Considering the "rumors" about the Clinton Foundation, and the unbiased nature of the OIG, if it were related to Weiner directly, one would expect Horowitz to make that clear rather than to leave it vague and unexplained. The fact he chose not to, says a lot about what's coming imo.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1071991/download

Read the chapter in full for context - but it's delineated as a separate item from Weiner's sexting with minors. If it was directly related to AW, you would expect Coleman to have grouped it together - but he didn't. Instead it's left out there, and the entire thing is left unexplained and is never even commented upon (though it is in the classified index, and referenced as such).  

Considering the "rumors" about the Clinton Foundation, and the unbiased nature of the OIG, if it were related to Weiner directly, one would expect Horowitz to make that clear rather than to leave it vague and unexplained. The fact he chose not to, says a lot about what's coming imo.

Wild goose chase! Just cut and paste the relevant part. 

You can't? Because you are full of it. ?

Outrageous Government Conduct.

https://www.justice.gov/usam/criminal-resource-manual-648-entrapment-outrageous-government-conduct

Even if the Gov't finds something against the individual they're investigating, if they relied on falsified interview reports to get al the way to an indictment and prosecution then the case is screwed -- as long as the Defense raises the claim of Outrageous Conduct in a timely manner.  The problem becomes one of concealment.  If the defense never learns of the abuse because the investigators his their malfeasance, then the opportunity to raise the objection would come and go. 

If they dummied up reports in Flynn's case, then perhaps his counsel can move to vacate the guilty plea and re-open the matter.  Maybe that's why the delays and extensions of sentencing are going on.

If they dummied up reports in the Carter Page FISA matter, then anything they find (if there's anything TO find) would be flushed down the toilet.

If dummying up reports was institutionally accepted practice, then imagine the widespread implications of THAT.  Imagine all of the appeals of convictions.

It could go way beyond jail time.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

It is, and it should carry a shitload of jail time.  

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

I knew you’d say that. Your write. But it is an extreme act against the rule of law. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

Outrageous Government Conduct.

https://www.justice.gov/usam/criminal-resource-manual-648-entrapment-outrageous-government-conduct

Even if the Gov't finds something against the individual they're investigating, if they relied on falsified interview reports to get al the way to an indictment and prosecution then the case is screwed -- as long as the Defense raises the claim of Outrageous Conduct in a timely manner.  The problem becomes one of concealment.  If the defense never learns of the abuse because the investigators his their malfeasance, then the opportunity to raise the objection would come and go. 

If they dummied up reports in Flynn's case, then perhaps his counsel can move to vacate the guilty plea and re-open the matter.  Maybe that's why the delays and extensions of sentencing are going on.

If they dummied up reports in the Carter Page FISA matter, then anything they find (if there's anything TO find) would be flushed down the toilet.

If dummying up reports was institutionally accepted practice, then imagine the widespread implications of THAT.  Imagine all of the appeals of convictions.

It could go way beyond jail time.

This has been discussed in some of the overlapping thread here for some time.

The scope of the fallout once this sort of systemic abuse comes to light is massive.  Thousands (millions?) of convictions would have to be overturned.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

This has been discussed in some of the overlapping thread here for some time.

The scope of the fallout once this sort of systemic abuse comes to light is massive.  Thousands (millions?) of convictions would have to be overturned.

Oh. I must not have been following along - or I'm suffering from "lost time".  Maybe I was abducted.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, snafu said:

Oh. I must not have been following along - or I'm suffering from "lost time".  Maybe I was abducted.

That wasn't intended as a critique.  Sorry if it came off that way.  The intent was to give you another reason to revisit that content if it's of interest to you.