Horowitz's DOJ IG Report

We learned Tuesday morning, based on a Monday-night court filing by Mueller, that Rosenstein’s amplification of Mueller’s jurisdiction was set forth in a classified memorandum dated August 2, 2017. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/04/russia-investigation-rod-rosenstein-memo-mueller-probe-limits/

DfrCMxBVMAAFxzc.jpg

NO BIAS.

She does not understand... it's amazing to see her incompetence extend to even basic cognitive function. 

It was illegal for them all to be using private emails - yet they did it for years. Together. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Then change the mandate. I said a year ago this will start at A and end at Z because of the scope implied. If people don’t like that, they need to change it. Legally. 

I completely agree.  And I understand it's never going to happen, just like in Clinton's case.  

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

You're aware the memo is real though, right? That's not speculation, it's legit. Courts have been trying to compel Mueller to turn it over and he has so far refused. The memo is directly related to his scope and the start of the investigation. 

Until I see the memo,  I’ll stick to what I’ve seen. There may be legitimate reasons why he refuses to release it. From what I also see, there is a partisan faction in Congress that is fanning these flames. It will come out in the wash eventually, so I won’t listen to the rabble on the hill whose only motivation is to politicize events and defend the president. The law will reign supreme. It just takes a while at times. I can be patient.

l’ve purposely avoided the Mueller thread and for good reason. Until it’s proved that Rosenstein, Mueller, et al have broken any laws, hell until they are even charged with breaking the law, I won’t listen to partisans trying to make political hay with conjecture based on partly knowns and unknowns. 

I shall leave you to your devices. Great job in aggragating all the excerpts from the IG report today. Lots of good food for thought there. And much appreciated. :beer:

7 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You believe that the Clintons and President Obama, the DNC, and the heads of their subordinate agencies thought they were fighting a Nazi takeover of government which is why they rigged the Democratic primary against Bernie Sanders, and spied on the campaign of Jeb Bush?

The DNC and Clintons, not so much - they only care about their own power, not others.  But the civil service people, like Page and Strozk and Comey?  

Some of it was ex post facto rationalization - "If Hillary's not elected, we risk a Nazi takeover."  But I work with these people.  I've heard them talk about stopping the Nazis over the years.  

Just now, K-9 said:

:beer:All good. I just wanted to clarify I wasn't speaking hypothetically or speculatively. That memo is at the root of a lot of unanswered questions, and by the DOJ and Mueller's own court filings, it supersedes the scope of the letter. That's all. 

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

OK. Fair enough.

Still, though. If I try and slip a cop who pulls me over a 20 to get out of a ticket, what would the response be?

That you are one cheap SOB and he's going to see if your taillights are out too just for insulting him.

Grassley on the warpath...

Another text not released, but expunged until today: 

DfrucZvW4Aca14q.jpg

Why would they be "lucky"? Because none of this would have been investigated and dragged into the light and both wouldn't be staring down lengthy prison sentences? 

NO BIAS.

30 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Then change the mandate. I said a year ago this will start at A and end at Z because of the scope implied. If people don’t like that, they need to change it. Legally. 

It is going from A to Z because this is an odd investigation. They're investigating Trump to get to an incident, not investigating an incident and following it to a person. When does an investigation like that end?

When Mueller was set off to do his thing, I hoped that Rosenstein would have put a time limit and a reporting obligation on Mueller (forcing Mueller to prove that he needs more time).   The fact that Rosenstein didn't impose such a restriction is an obvious mistake.  

Edited by snafu

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No, Comey hurt Clinton and our nation badly. The Russians wanted Trump and helped him, also. 

You have to be a Trump cultist to ignore the evidence. The intelligence community said Russia helped (You Trump cultists just yell conspiracy) and the polls clearly show Clinton lost support after Comey's BS announcement. No amount of evidence will get you to believe that, I understand, but its still the truth. The FBI was also investigating Trump, but since it was against DOJ policy to announce that, they didn't. They followed policy for Trump. 

blue-kool-aid-300x300.jpeg&f=1

• Haha (+1) 6

This is sad because it would have been true if Hillary had been elected. I may still end up true, but I have a slim hope of not...

And it certainly calls into question all past testimony from this agent. I wonder how many people with convictions will be filing appeals after this mess shakes out?

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Until I see the memo,  I’ll stick to what I’ve seen. There may be legitimate reasons why he refuses to release it. From what I also see, there is a partisan faction in Congress that is fanning these flames. It will come out in the wash eventually, so I won’t listen to the rabble on the hill whose only motivation is to politicize events and defend the president. The law will reign supreme. It just takes a while at times. I can be patient.

l’ve purposely avoided the Mueller thread and for good reason. Until it’s proved that Rosenstein, Mueller, et al have broken any laws, hell until they are even charged with breaking the law, I won’t listen to partisans trying to make political hay with conjecture based on partly knowns and unknowns. 

So let me get this straight: You won't listen to anyone or anything you disagree with unless they prove your beliefs wrong... which they can't do because you won't listen to them?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

To call that half true would be misleading. To call it untrue completely would also be misleading. So...

Middling bullshite. That's HufPo's level.

Words matter... And She's right: (click for full thread)

The last sentence here is very important: 

DfrZjYQWsAAznZ7.jpg

... Think Flynn's leak killers, Wolfe, and the 26 still open investigations. There's a lot more about leaks to come. A lot more.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

To call that half true would be misleading. To call it untrue completely would also be misleading. So...

Middling bullshite. That's HufPo's level.

It's amazing how quickly the narrative has shifted from "Trump is a liar and a litteral Nazi!" to straight up pre-empitve damage control.  That's beyond even the skill of Hakeem Olajuwan.  That's an Obama level pivot.

• Haha (+1) 2

LqoSvTcV_bigger.jpgKurt SchlichterVerified account @KurtSchlichter 49m49 minutes ago
You are a juror on a racial discrimination case.

Every time it made a choice, the defendant company chose against the plaintiff.

There are text messages from company senior leaders working with the plaintiff talking about how they hate black people.

Think there's no evidence?
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The last sentence here is very important: 

DfrZjYQWsAAznZ7.jpg

... Think Flynn's leak killers, Wolfe, and the 26 still open investigations. There's a lot more about leaks to come. A lot more.

Easily a fireable offense.  Feds take that **** extremely seriously.

• Like (+1) 1

There's a ton here... as evidence by the heft of the report... it's going to take some time to go through it all. But here's what jumped out on my first full read:

* This reads like three entirely separate reports: The Executive Summary and Conclusion sections have little relation to the body of the report itself. My gut is telling me that's because the Summary and Conclusion were mangled by RR and the DOJ during their pass on Horowitz's draft. 

* There's a lot more that's been redacted than might appear. Besides the two indexes, there's also weird formatting in some sections that looks as if whole sections were copied and pasted from other documents into this one, or things were removed. Could be just editing/uploading issues, could be a sign that there was more DOJ editing than they want it to appear. (Note: DOJ editing doesn't necessarily mean they're pulling a fast one, it could be moves to protect the integrity of ongoing investigations and grand juries)

* The body of the report covers a lot of stuff long known and covered by both sides of the media aisles (expected). But there are a lot of new bombshells in this report including the newly discovered text "No. No" text, evidence that Clinton's servers were penetrated by (not possibly penetrated by) foreign agents, evidence Obama and Comey both were using private emails to discuss government matters, confirmation of an ongoing (and damning) leak investigation, and abundant evidence of bias from leaders of the FBI and DOJ who were also in charge of Crossfire Hurricane.

... A lot of people on both sides are throwing up their arms - either in victory or disgust. I say, hold the line. There's a lot here, and even more that doesn't add up. More to say soon.   

309fcff09a47619022cffde02e0d4780d648d4b8b18127fdd85546e271f3c297.jpg