Tanner Lee is a dark horse QB to keep an eye on

I'm hearing a lot of buzz around Tanner Lee despite his less than stellar Sr. Bowl showing. And considering he wasn't even the greatest college QB some would wonder what the hype is about.

But quite frankly he could be this year's Nathan Peterman since he has a lot of raw skill and pretty much all the tools that NFL scouts and GM's tend to covet.....most notably the size, arm strength, leadership and accuracy.

Regardless I don't expect him to be drafted too high unless there is a true desperation run at QB's this year. He's probably more of a round  3 - 5 type of guy and I have him graded out as a 4th rounder on my big board. But if we are looking for another solid developmental prospect to compete for the backup job behind Peterman he might be a good choice in the mid rounds if he's still available.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

But quite frankly he could be this year's Nathan Peterman since he has a lot of raw skill and pretty much all the tools that NFL scouts and GM's tend to covet.....most notably the size, arm strength, leadership and accuracy.

wait...that's a lot of pressure. it takes a lot of poise and precision to throw that many INTs, in so few attempts.

Edited by 87168
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

FYI - when I say this year's NP, I obviously mean a steal that was drafted later than he should be.

Because in a few years when all these pundits do their '2017 redrafts' pretty sure NP will be a 1st rounder, maybe even top 10 pick depending how his career goes.

In fact I already saw one that had Patrick Mahomes as  top 5 draft pick if they could redo it today, and he's a very similar player to NP just with a much bigger arm.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

FYI - when I say this year's NP, I obviously mean a steal that was drafted later than he should be.

Because in a few years when all these pundits do their '2017 redrafts' pretty sure NP will be a 1st rounder, maybe even top 10 pick depending how his career goes.

In fact I already saw one that had Patrick Mahomes as  top 5 draft pick if they could redo it today, and he's a very similar player to NP just with a much bigger arm.

You enjoy being a laughing stock, don't you?they are not similar at all lmao

Edited by BuffAlone

3 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Dude - do you really believe this or are you just trolling???  Pretty sure NP will be a 1st rounder???  I sure hope so but the reality right now doesn't support such a ludicrous statement.

10 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Look I've been supportive of Nate. I've stood up for the rook when people have written him off. I hope your right because I don't wanna look stupid for trying to stay a Petermaniac. If he doesn't start and show some promise I'm done.

Even after the 5 interceptions I had the rooks back. Defended the choice to start him. He better be Tom Brady 2.0 or I'm joining your group of haters. I don't like you cheating on him thinking of other Saviors. 

Edited by Lfod

6 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

5 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

You enjoy being a laughing stock, don't you?they are not similar at all lmao

In his mind you're the laughing stock for answering him. It's amazing how the clinically deranged can twist things in their minds.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

Wouldn't Kyle Lauletta be a more plausible fella insofar as Senior Bowl success might actually improve his draft stock?  But OP is a provocateur and not really serious, so all this is besides the point.

Yes he would, in fact I've heard that Hoodie and the Pats front office have Lauletta high on their radar/draft board as another potential Jimmy G type of QB.

So if this is true I would pounce if I'm Beane given the Pats sterling record with QB's of late. It's no secret that they are in the market to find Brady's next replacement to develop a few years until he's finally gone.